main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supermegafest 2006 - WE RAISED $426.00 FOR THE DFJFA!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Richie, probably not. Even if we do meet, I'm not expecting enough of a turnout to make final decisions for SMF. I think in order to allow enough people to have their input on some of the decisions, we should do it here in this thread.

Mike, donations to the baskets can be just about anything. Last year we had everything from Pez Dispensers to C3 exclusive stuff to even some autographed items that Jeremy Bulloch and Tem Morrison donated on the spot. All donations are greatly appreciated and accepted. We usually do 2 baskets, one for each day. For those who want to donate but are not sure if they'll make it to the show, please contact me. I will gladly meet you somewhere to pick up your items.

Personally I plan on going through my stuff over the weekend and seeing what I can offer. I'll post my a list of my donation swag sometime early next week.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I guess since I brought it up I'll show them off for a change:

[image=http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/mikebrunco/Style-TIE.jpg]

[image=http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/mikebrunco/Style-Qui-Gon.jpg]

[image=http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/mikebrunco/Style-X-Wing.jpg]

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Those are pretty cool Mike. Nice job!

EDIT: Here is the mock-up for the SMF banner that will hang on the front of our table. Obvisiously we'll go with just one. Let me know what you think.

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/web%20ideas/ff_banner.jpg]

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I like the black banner. All are very good looking. I am sure I can do any of those on the banner I have.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, the SMF site has added a bunch of new attendees. Unfortunately none of them are SW actors. The new additions include Kane Hodder (Jason/Friday the 13th), Cpt. Lou Albano, Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine, Virgil, and Juliet Landau (Drusilla) from Buffy TVS.

Getting a little worried that there won't be any SW actors at this years event. Were about 2 minths away from the show and I'm guessing most potential attendees are already booked. Keeping my hopes up, but it's not looking good.

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    If no SW guests sign on are we still going to have a table there? I will make the banner regardless since it would be cool to have one for the groups.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Right now I'd say 'yes'. As far as I know, the Rebel Legion and 501st will be making an appearance, so there will be some SW presence there along with all of the SW collectibles available at the dealers tables. Plus the organizers could still come through with a SW guest or two. (fingers crossed)

The Memorabilia show in Milford sounds like it's more of an autograph show and not a collectible show. If that's the case, SMF is probably our best, local option to spread the word about our Fan Force groups.

EDIT: I also wanted to mention that on top of the two Autism groups I referred to last week, I was also thinking about contacting the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation. Since they're a pretty hi-profile local (and national) group, it might help bring more people to the table and generate more raffle ticket sales.

BTW, anyone have a list of stuff they'd like to donate? Personally, I so far have a couple of the SW mini M&M 'bobblehead' dispensers and a couple of figures to add to the baskets. I'm still weeding through my stuff because I'm selling alot of it off, so as I find more stuff to donate, I'll post it here.

We're also going to need to raise some money for the FF table. I know last year it was around $100 but am still waiting to hear back from the promoters as for what the tables cost this year. As soon as I get that info I'llpass it along as well.

8. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, unfortunately as of now, Prowse is a no-go. Perhaps that will change though.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, so far this is what I have for the SMF baskets:
    - 2 BK toys (R2 & Watto)
    - 2 M&M Minis dispensers (3PO & Anakin)
    - 2 SW figures
    - 2 EP1 hand-held electronic games

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Anyone, Anyone? Bueller?

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will have some things to donate for the baskets this year. I just need to go through some stuff first.

13. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am sure I have a few things too. :)

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Another (non-SW) guest has been added. Morrena Baccarin who played Inara Serra on Firefly is now listed as their 'Sci-Fi Guest of Honor'. Not a good sign for those of us waiting for a SW actor to be added.

As for an update on what is going on with our involvement with the show. I'm still waiting to hear back from the promoter. Looks like I'll have to give him another call this week. I'm a bit concerned over the lack of a SW guest. Not only may that keep potential FF members away, but I have yet to hear if the local RL or 501st will be in attendance. The past few years, they've been the hit of the show. Often posing with fans of all ages for photos. Hopefully they will be, since their involvement will only help us and our fundraising.

As always, when I have new info, I'll post it.

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    HUGE NEWS!!!! A SW guest has finally been added to the SMF roster. Lando Calrissian himself, Billy Dee Williams will be there signing autographs (Saturday only). I've also heard from our friends over at Rebel Legion that they and the NE 501st will have tables there as well.

Things are definitely looking up! :D

16. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Great, any chance Williams will bring Ray Park with him?

17. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Great...I'll post an update in the appropriate threads. :D

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think that may be wishful thinking my friend. I would be all for it though. I passed on getting his autograph at C3 and am still kicking myself for it. :oops:

19. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    You were at C3!!! I'm kicking myself for missing that. When I heard that the Flannel One was there, I was so, so, repentant.

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    A few of us here were. I believe DarthLucanas ended up going to one of the Lucas Q&A's Believe it or not, they were not as popular as you would have thought. For the last 'show' there were convention officials walking around asking people if they wanted to go. I instead chose to sit in line at the C3 store for almost 7 hours :mad: to get my C3 swag. Fortunately that was the only low point of the weekend.

Glad I got to go because I definitely won't be able to make it to C4 next year.

21. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    That must have been some serious swag to wait all that time.
    I'm deffinately in for the SMF if Williams is going...I spent hours doing that painting of Calrissian for him to sign at Milford convention.

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Definitely bring it. Beware though, the celebs always reserve the right to not sign something. I don't think you have anything to worry about, but beware just the same. Also be prepared to fork over $30-40 for his sig. That's what it was costing at C3 and I'm guessing that since this is NOT a SW sanctioned event, his charge may be closer to $40.

23. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    this is some good news. so I take it we will have a table still? when should we get together to discuss things. I have banner material ready just need to know what to print on it.

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmmm.. this actually might make it worth going to after all.. wouldn't mind meeting the Original Space Pimp ;)

25. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    DW: he better sign it, or, well... nothing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.