main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supermegafest 2006 - WE RAISED $426.00 FOR THE DFJFA!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    This now really changes everything now that Billy Dee Williams is there.

Mike let us know anything you need help with.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    now that we know The Original Pimp is going to be in the house for SMF let's all get together and discuss what is going on. I need to know what picture we want to use for the banner so I can get that started. I know I have some stuff to put in a basket to auction off. Do we need baskets for the auction? Not sure what all needs to be done yet.

I am free most weekend afternoons for a quick get together.

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I agree Jorge, we should at least attempt to meet before SMF. Chris, are still thinking about having a get-together before heading down to Chiller? If so, that would probably be our best bet. If not, I'll see if I can whip up something last minute at my place.

As for planning, I finally got ahold of the SMF guy last week and he told me to get in touch with his partner. So I gave him a call Saturday afternoon and left a message. He could be away for the long weekend, so I'll give him another day or two before I call again. As soon as I have a total for the table, I'll let you guys know. I'm also waiting to hear back from the Doug Flutie Jr Foundation to see if they will allow us to use their name on our raffle flyers.

As for baskets, I have that taken care of. I have a bunch of them left over from photo shoots and other job-related stuff that we can use. I also have some left over t-shirts and movie posters (still sitting at Chris' place) that we can also sell to raise some dough.

Lastly, the banner. If you look on page 2 of this thread, there are 3 different color combos to choose from. Right now I'd lean toward the white one. I think it's cleaner looking than the other two and easier to read. Let me know what you guys think. As soon as we reach an agreement I'll get the files to Jorge and we can scratch that off our list.

If you have any other thought about SMF or a meet to plan for SMF, let me know. Thanks guys!

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    If you need $$$ to defray the cost of the table, I may be able to contribute $10 or $20 toward it. Just let me know where to send a check. :D

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am down to donate some money towards the table. I will say the white one looks the best and should be the easiest to print up. It may get changed a lil bit depending on how much noise we see when we blow it up with the program we use to print.

I am down for getting together pretty much any time this month.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Let me know what kind of file you need Jorge. I can give you a hi-res file so there should be no noise or degradation of resolution when you guys blow it up.

I'm telling you, this year we WILL win he 'prettiest banner' contest at SMF. Oh yes, we will win!

:p

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    might as well send me a hi-res one and the reg one. I am sure we can use one of them.

is there a contest for banner? if so I will make sure to do the banner extra special. lol

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay guys. I finally got ahold of Ken over at SMF. The cost of a table is the same as it was last year, $100. Any and all donations towards that cost are greatly appreciated. I don't have a PayPal account (Boo Ebay) so a check is fine. PM me if you're interested in helping out and I'll get you my mailing info.

Thanks all, you're the best!

P.S. We still need donations for the charity baskets. Anything SW related would be appreciated.

9. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Wormie asked me to ask in the thread if anyone was going to be available to shuttle me from the Framingham commuter rail station to the Sheraton and back on the 18th. Wormie could do it, but he'd have to be at the Sheraton early to set the table up. If anyone would be available for this task, please post.

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Looks like we have some items to work out before SMF. The banner should be done by the end of Oct. I am going to go with the White one. One question is Rhode Island going to be involved in this at all? They have been extremely quiet over there. Actually all of New England has been fairly quiet well except for the sports updates from Richie that is. :) I have some stuff for the baskets that I wanted to give last year but I couldn't go due to the funeral I had to attend back in Ohio.

I would like to suggest that we meet up the weekend before SMF to get things all squared away. That weekend is Nov 11&12. If that weekend doesn't work how about the 1st weekend Nov 4&5. Meeting place really doesn't matter to me. I know my house is a lil crowded with baby stuff so that is out, but some place in Milford could be a good spot. I am flexible and could pick up Aaron if he needs a ride.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Either weekend should be fine by me. My place is always available if needed. If we meet anywhere else I would probably have to leave around 4:30-5:00 because my wife works weekend evenings.

EDIT: Whoops, just realized that I'm going to the Pats/Jets game on the 12th. Any other of the days should be fine though. Also want everyone to know that I sent out the check for our table on Friday. Hopefully sometime next week I'll receive some kind of info packet from my contact over at SMF. I'll post an update when I do.

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Anyone know what the prices of the autographs are going to be? Just wondering so I know how much $$$ to bring ;)

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think that pricing is on the website. I also think it will be the standard $30-40 for an autograph. Who knows I didn't go last year but I am gauging on what I have seen for posting for other cons.

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    My guess is anywhere from $20-35 depending on who's auto you want. I have noticed that the SW celebs seem to get about $5-10 more at these shows than they were getting at C3. Don't know why, they just are. If memory seres me correctly, Tem Morrison was getting $20 for his auto at C3 but at last years SMF he was getting either $30 or $35.

15. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    One may also have to purchase a photo, and that could be an additional 10 bucks.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Photos are almost always included in the cost of the autograph UNLESS you don't like the selection they offer and decide to purchase a figure/poster/photo somewhere else. The celebs generally have a decent selection to pick through, anywhere from 6-10 maybe?

17. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Woops, I didn't know that. MY BAD. I'm bringing something for Williams to sign.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Do we want to meet up this weekend (Nov 4 or 5) to get things together for SMF? I will have the banner done this week and will have things for baskets. I am willing to go anywhere we need to go to have it. Or I will just meet up with Mike sometime this weekend and drop my stuff off to him. I will be working til probably noon on Sat if we do something then.

Let's hear some ideas and get things going.

Jorge

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm all for meeting up this coming weekend Jorge. As I said over on Foxboro, I have to be home by 5:30 both days so my wife can get to work. We definitely need to get to gether and form some sort of a plan for SMF. It's less than 3 weeks away and we're spinning our tires!

I'm still waiting for my packet of info to come from the planners of the show. If I don't hear from them by mid-week, I'll have to give them a ring.

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, here's the deal. We're about 2 and a half weeks away from SMF and interest is at an all-time low. Things need to pick up and fast or SMF may as well be our wake and funeral.

For those of you who have already donated, thank you but more needs to be done. If you still want to make a donation to either the cost of the table or with SW themed items for our gift bag, now is the time. Please contact me and let me know what, if anything you'd like to contribute. If you have items but no way of getting to the show, let me know. I can meet you somewhere and do a pick-up. If you live far away, I'll help with the cost of shipping whatever you have. This is our most important group-building event of the year and we need to make a HUGE splash.

We're down to the wire and every little bit helps. C'mon Rebels, I really want this SMF to be our best. Who's with me?

21. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Darth Wormie, how much is the table, and what $$$ contribution do you need? I?d like to help, if I can.
    Also I?m still practicing with illustrator here at work, this is my latest, from ANH.

http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vadernh5.png

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I like those 'Illustrations' of yours man. Very nice work. So you're doing them in Ilustrator you said, right? How long does each one take and how many layers are you using?

As far as a donation, money is great, but not completely necessary. Just as important would be a donated item or two towards the gift basket or even stopping by the table and helping us sell a few raffle tickets. If anyone does decide to donate money, donate what you're comfortable, there's not set sum.

23. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    That image had six layers i think. It took about a week to make, I would go back to the file for a few minutes at a time, (when i'm on the phone or taking a break) draw some part, save it and return sometime later. Added up it probably took an hour...ok, maybe two.

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Cool. Let me know when you do some more. I may have to take a crack at doing one of those as soon as I have some free time.[face_laugh]

Here's an update on what I have for the SMF charity baskets:
    - 2 BK toys (R2 & Watto)
    - 2 M&M Minis dispensers (3PO & Anakin)
    - 2 SW figures
    - 2 EP1 hand-held electronic games
    - 2 Target Exclusive Vader Titanium figures

Oh yeah, and the baskets too! :D

25. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey everyone I

Thread Status: