main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supermegafest 2006 - WE RAISED $426.00 FOR THE DFJFA!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey everyone I will have by this Sunday a list of the things I have for the table.

Including the leftover posters from last year.

Mike I can put 25 dollars towards the table fee to help also.

I will be in touch soon.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Sounds good Chris. Talk to you soon!

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I will have my things plus the banner ready for you next Sat Mike. Hopefully we can "all" meet up next Sat to get things planned and ready to roll.

4. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, here's the deal. Next Saturday, Nov. 11 there will be a SMF planning meet at my place, say around 1:00. Anyone and everyone either planning on going to SMF or who wants to donate something is more than welcome to attend.

I'll post this also over on the Foxboro and RI boards.

PM me if you need directions. Hope to see a few of you folks there.

5. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I have to work next Saturday from 8 to 4 p.m. I am off Sunday only. :(

Sorry I can't make it.

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Mike I just sent a PM to you on this.

Here are the posters we have:

Fantastic Four - 5
    Willy Wonka - 33
    LOTR Two Towers - 6
    Scarface - 9
    Kill Bill Vol. 1 (door size poster) Uma Thurman - 8
    Freddy vs. Jason - 22
    Batman Begins - 7
    Seed of Chucky - 17
    Sin City - 35

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have the banner for SMF. It worked out pretty well and looks pretty good. It will be ready for delivery to ya Mike on Sat.

Anyone else planning on meeting up on Sat or will it just be Mike and I? I know Chris is out for this Sat. Is there anything you want me to pick up Chris and bring to Mike's or are you going to give it to him later in the week?

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    My Saturday is now free, but you know the big transportation issue. [face_plain]

9. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I live to far away to go this weekend, but i'll be at SMF.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well this Saturday wasn't so much of a meet as it was a chance for people who plan on either being at SMF or donating to the cause to get everything squared away. As it looks now, it seems like Jorge is the only one stopping by to dropoff his donations and the table banner he so graciously made up for the group.

If you STILL want to donate and can't make it to the meet, PLEASE PM me! I'll gladly make the effort to meet you somewhere to pick up any donations.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It looks like the folks over at SMF have added a couple of last-minute guests to the list. Wrestler Spike Dudley and Erin Moran (Joannie) from 'Happy Days' will now be there both days.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    More guest news coming out of SMF. With his increased role of late in the WWE, Rowdy Roddy Piper will NOT be appearing.

For anyone wth travel problems, it appears that there will be a shuttle bus from the Framingham MBTA station to the Sheraton Saturday only. More info can be found at the SMF site or MBTA.com

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Oh, cool. I'll have to see what the weather forecast is like Monday and let you guys know if you should plan on my showing up that Saturday.

14. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it to SMF, but now that Joannie from "Happy Days" is coming, I'll move Heaven and Earth to get there.

15. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    this is my latest enry on the Fan Art page, its still in progress, but any comments would be great.

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bailleiaew3.jpg

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    that is pretty damn good. keep up the great work.

17. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Attention SMF, Prepare for Lord Moby's arrival.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    hope to see ya there Moby. Maybe u can bring some of the other folks that are hiding down in Rhode Island along with ya.

19. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Bad news...weather actually looks good for Saturday, but I looked at the train schedule and there's no train connection on the way back that would allow me to be back in Brockton before dark. Have fun for me. [face_plain]

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Glad to hear you'll be making the scene Moby. Look forward to seeing you.

I met up with Jorge yesterday and in addition to the nice stash of SW swag he donated for the baskets, he dropped of the FANTASTIC banner he made for the table. Can't wait to unveil it on Saturday.

I'm still trying to get ahold of our contact for SMF to nail down our table location and allotment of passes to the show. I called him a few times over the past 5 days and he's yet to return any of my messages. As soon as I have an update I'll let you all know.

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    still no word. damn what a SOB. I don't get it. Maybe it is time to try the other guy.

Glad you liked the banner. I hope it pleases the rest of the people on the boards when they see it. I may have a few more items to donate which I will try to bring to ya on Sat (that is if I can go. lol)

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Just called the other guy. He was on the other line but I left a message with the person answering the phones. He should be calling me back shortly. Stay tuned...

23. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    There may be hope yet...someone I know has offered me use of her old pre-paid cellphone, so I'll be able to call a cab from the Brockton commuter rail station if I don't get back until after dark. I should know if I can take her up on it Wednesday. :D

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Keep us posted Richie.

Just heard back from the other guy running SMF (John) and we're all set. The show 'officially' opens at 9:30 but we're allowed to start setting up any time after 6:00 am. While I won't be there that early, I plan on being there by 8:00 at the latest. If there's anyone else who wants to help, just drop me a PM between now and Friday and I'll meet you in the lobby.

As usual we received a handful of passes that I'll be able to pick up at check in. Those of you who I already promised passes to (you know who you are) I will leave either leave them at the ticket desk or you can give my cell phone a call when you get to the show and I'll come out to the lobby and meet you. I'll PM you my cell number shortly.

If there are any further updates of note between now and Saturday I'll post them. If not, I look forward to seeing you all at the show!

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    As long as I'm not working on either one of these days I might take my son down to the show. My wife is going away for the weekend and other than yardwork I don't have anything else to do.

I've got a favor to ask though. Since I've never been to a con before, and I'm to lazy to read through this thread and see if the answer already exists, I have a question. I know that the ticket to get in is $20, but what the average cost for an autograph? I understand that it probably depends on who you are asking but a ballpark would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.