main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supermegafest 2006 - WE RAISED $426.00 FOR THE DFJFA!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    That is a great total for a great cause. I am glad that we were able to do this. Next year I will definitely make an effort to help man the table unfortunately I had other commitments at the last second.

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    No apoligies necessary Jorge, your contributions were more than adequate. Thanks again!

3. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I had a good time. It was great meeting people with a real enthusiasm for Star Wars, I've given it some thought and I think I will go to C-IV in L.A.

4. Garrett_Skymaster

Garrett_Skymaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2006
    It was a fun convention, and a really good cause. I felt touched by it, partly because I was diagnosed with a small case of autism(I think it's called Aspergers Syndrome or something) and it felt good to see people caring about this kind of thing.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey Garrett, glad to hear you had a good time. Did you stop by the table and introduce yourself? I don't remember meeting you?

Hope me and the rest of the goofballs there didn't frighten you away ;)

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Sounds like everything was a success! Did anyone take any pictures of the table or while roaming around?

7. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Chris (aka DarthLucanas) took this picture for me. Now that I think of it, I should have taken more pictures, oopps.
    http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb180738br7.jpg

Also, I have emailed two people that I met at the show, and both are commisioning me for some Star Wars art work, one of whom wants more then one painting.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice shot of Billy Dee's sandwich. Looks like he already ate the pickle! [face_laugh]

I have a few shots (not as many as I should have taken) that I'll post sometime this coming weekend.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I finally pulled myself away from the leftover long enough to post the few pictures I managed to take at SMF last week. Wish I had thought to take more though.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/SMF%202006

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'll take the SW-related ones (including the shot of the Rebels' table) and post them on the MySpace page. I think I'll also post the one Bieren linked of BDW.

EDIT: Pics now posted...I had to make my own thumbnails (which are hosted on my PhotoBucket account), but the originals are linked.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Alright, one last post to wrap up SMF 2006. I got this letter over a month ago, but due to the holidays and being under the weather for a few weeks, I never got a chance to post it. It's from the DFJFA thanking us for our efforts.

[image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/DarthWormie/SMF%202006/dfjfa_letter.gif]

Again, thank you all for your effort this year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.