main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Supermegafest 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wildstar02301, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Right now, my finances are so day to day that I can't promise I will be there either day. If anything changes, I will definitely let you guys know.

2. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Totally understandable I am working some overtime at work this week and next to have some spare cash to have for the con.

I hope you can make it out though. :)

3. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    So far the confirmed definites for this con is:

Darth Wormie
    Raldayen (the silent member)[face_chicken] [face_laugh]
    Mattdamick
    Darth-Dogfish-Head

Possibile:

WifeofVader
    Jedi_Outcast77
    DeathProof

Matt is Roger going to be able to make it to SMF? Just wanted to confirm that also.

I have only put up names of people who have stated they are definites or possibles.

Please post and let everyone know that you are going, possible or can't attend.

It would be helpful to know this information.

Also everyone let me know what beverages I should bring for the cooler.

Would anyone want to do dinner after the con on Saturday?

Thanks,
    Chris

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    My attendance may depend on if the MBTA runs a shuttle bus between the Sheraton and the Framingham commuter rail station on Sunday. I know they ran one last year, but that was Saturday only, and I probably won't make it Saturday b/c it'll be my usual shopping day. Things may change, though, so we'll see.

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I just noticed that they took the batmobile off the SMF homepage. Looks like it won't be there after all.:(

6. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Wormie I think it was left off by mistake because it is back on the site. :)

Here are some of the links to Super MegaFest message board mentions:

REBELSCUM.COM

SANDROOPERS.com

Should we post in other New England fanforce area forums for donations?

7. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Wouldn't hurt :)

8. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    OOPS! I spelled Sandtroopers wrong above. :oops:

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Manchester (NH) would be good. I know there is already a SMF thread over there. Posting in any other FFs IMO would be a waste of time.

10. mattdamick_is_back

mattdamick_is_back Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    I have not been able to confirm Roger yet. I will email him again tonight.

I will be there atleast part of both days.

11. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I already posted on our other board, but just in case...

I'll be there Saturday and spending the night at the hotel. My boyfriend is flying in for the weekend, so he'll be with me. Leaving sometime Sunday, not sure when yet. As far as I know we'll be arriving and departing via the commuter rail. There's supposed to be a shuttle on Saturday (so it says on the website - anyone have any info on that?), but we'll need a ride to the stop on Sunday. I'll worry more about that after I actually book the hotel room...

Who's going to be around Saturday night? After dinner that is (which I'm totally up for). I want to have some fun. :)

I posted about something more personal on our other board, which I don't think I should post here. So please check that out.

This will be my first time seeing any of you in so long, I'm very excited. :)

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Glad to hear you'll be there both days Rosie!

13. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    would love to come, but have biz trip that weekend =(.

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Where you been man?;)

15. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Well I am heading out this morning to Quincy to get the posters, pins, and hopefully a good amount of t-shirts for the Cam Neely Foundation.

I will post later on tonight what I pick up.

Chris

16. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Here are the movie t-shirts with quantity and sizes.

(4) Little Miss Sunshine all XL
    (1) Hollywoodland XL
    (2) Stranger Than Fiction (shrink packaged)
    Also (2) hats

(2) The Kingdom XL
    (3) The Bourne Ultimatum XL
    (2) Knocked Up XL

(3) Miami Vice (women?s petite L)

(1) Open Season XL
    (2) Chuck & Larry XL
    (1) The Grudge 2 XL
    (2) King Kong L
    (1) Batman Begins (women?s petite) Medium
    (2) Because I said So 2XL
    (1) Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift XL

(5) Across The Universe
    (2) (women?s petite) XL and (3) (women?s petite) Small
    and 3 HATS

(1) The Good Sheppard XL
    (1) Accepted XL
    (1) Smokin Aces XL
    (1) Mr. Brooks XL
    (1) Breach XL
    (1) Who?s Your Caddy? 2XL
    (1) The Invasion XL
    (1) The Hip Hop Project 2XL

Also have a bag of 50 pins for "American Gangster"

I have a vinly banner very big of Samuel L Jackson from SWAT and one of Michelle Rodriquez from SWAT.

A large vinyl banner from 2 Fast 2 Furious also to sell or raffle.

I still have to go through the posters but have limited quantities on those.

Chris

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Holy Cr*p![face_hypnotized] That's alot of T-shirts. I'm not sure there's going to be that broad of an audience at SMF that all the T-s will be sold, so we may want to price them super low or better yet, use them as an freebie to encourage people to buy multiple raffle tickets.

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I think using them as incentive for buying raffle tickets is a fantastic idea. Like buy 5 tickets, you get this, buy 10 tickets, you get that...something along those lines.

That's awesome Chris, great job on getting so much stuff! :)

19. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Thanks Roseanna. :)

Here are the posters I went through tonight and a few from before that I will have at the show.

(8) Gone Baby Gone
    (2) The Golden Compass
    (2) The Other Boleyn Girl
    (9) Elizabeth: The Golden Age

(5) American Gangster
    (3) Ghost Rider
    (3) Mission Impossible III
    (9) The Kingdom
    (7) Rent
    (1) Vacancy
    (1) Mighty Joe Young
    (1) The House of Sand and Fog
    (1) The Family Stone
    (1) Gridiron Gang
    (1) Flicka
    (1) Must Love Dogs

2 hats for the movie "We Own The Night".
    1 hat for the movie ?30 Days Of Night?

I also got this huge X-Men III banner which is will not fit in most houses unless you have really tall ceilings.
    I will have to measure it but don't think it will sell at the con.
    Maybe one of the dealers would buy it possibly?

I hope I will be able to get a few more items of posters and stuff still between now and the con.

So as far as bringing beverages what would people prefer? I am bringing the cooler with me so we can have affordable refreshments during the con on both days.

If there is anything else anyone has an idea on for the charity or the con please lets hear it.

Mike do we have many posters left over from last year?

Chris

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    By chance are there any of those San Diego Comic-Con Princess Leia figures still around? I left a couple I thought with someone when I had to leave. If they didn't become part of someone's collection already (which would be completely fine - I'd be happy they had a good home), maybe we can add them to the basket? That's assuming anyone knows what happened to them. I didn't exactly follow up on that in a timely manner. :)

As for beverages, I would love a good supply of bottled water! I'm happy to contribute to the purchase of beverages/snacks too.

Have we figured out what we might be doing Saturday night, or are we going to just wait and see what happens? The last time I was here we went out with a bunch of the Rebel Legion/501st people, and then back to the hotel for "after hours" entertainment. ;) I will have a room, and you guys are more than welcome to hang out after the hotel bar/restaurant closes.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't recall any of the SDCC Princess Leia's laying around. If I had, they would definitely have made their way back to you Rosie.

Chris, we still have a TON of those other movie posters. They're a bit dated but we might be able to use them to intice people to buy tickets. I'll go through them next weekend and see what we can use.

As for beverages, I'm a spring water/Coke Zero guy. I'll eve drink Diet Coke in a pinch. Are there any coffee drinkers out there who will be attending? I'm not, but if there are enough out there, I could pick up a 'Box of Joe' at DD along with some munchkins.

Has anyone else seen those SW Halloween treats at Target? I saw them over the weekend. They come 25 (I think) to a bag and are small plastic Darth Vader heads filled with candy. They had a TON of them marked down 50%. I'm going to check back again this week and see if they're down to 75% off. If they are, I'll grab a couple of bags for the table. We could use them as treats for any kids that happen by.

22. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    That's great news we still have those posters :D

I think we will be able to sell some of those still..probably better than some of the ones I got yesterday.

Mike I saw that Walgreens is having a sale on the 12 pack of cans. 3 packs for $9 on Coke Zero.

If you get any of those Star Wars Halloween Treats please pick me up some I did not know these were out.

I also have some extra candy to bring to the show this year.

23. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I wish I could come to this! I've always loved hanging out with you all at SuperMegafest. Seems like you guys have a lot going on this year! Great job!!

24. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Hi, everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, things have been quite busy for me.

Could someone PM me the details for this event- details of what we're doing at it and what it is?

25. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just need to check http://www.supermegafest.com and the rest of this thread, rpvee...all of the details are there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.