main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Supermegafest 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wildstar02301, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    The story so far...

We will have a table for both days of the convention. If you're attending you will need to buy a ticket. They can be bought in advance over at the SMF website or you can buy them at the door. I suggest getting them in advance. You'll save $2.00 but the time you'll save by not waiting in line to buy them Saturday morning is even more valuable.

We will be running a few raffles to raise money for this year's charity of choice which is the Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care. Looks like we will have a basket of SW goodies for each day as well as a 2-day auction for the Gentle Giant Yoda on Kybuck Maquette Matt has generously donated. We will also be offering free movie posters as incentives for purchasing multiple raffle tickets.

While we won't know our location probably until we get there, we will most likely be located by the autograph area once again. Just keep an eye out for our giant Red, White & Black banner that Jorge so generously printed up for us.

On top of the many dealers that will be there selling both SW and non-SW goodies, there will be a collection of Pop-Culture celebrities signing autographs for an additional fee. The biggest of the bunch include Ray Park (Maul), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), Adam West (Batman), Burt Ward (Robin), Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) and Helen Slater (Supergirl).

If you have any other questions, feel free to read through this thread or just ask!

2. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    This event sounds incredible, kind of like a mini Star Wars Celebration, but with non-Star Wars things, too! It's awesome that they managed to get the actors of such popular characters.

Will everyone here who goes be able to help out at the table?

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    If you want to. It could be manning the table for a while to give others a break or even walking around the convention floor, trying to drum up raffle ticket sales. Or you could simply donate an item or two to the baskets.

You can help out as much or little as you want. It's all up to you!

4. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'll think about it and get back to you within the next couple of days. :)

Also, I am of the iffy list of whether or not I'm going to the event at all. Better than a flat-out no, though!

5. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    Hey guys I will try and post updates tomorrow going to sleep for my double shift.

Chris

6. chrislana

chrislana Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007

The Batmobile will be their all week end.

7. chrislana

chrislana Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007
    I know some one said here that the picture of the Batmobile was gone not so its their

8. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Some late news on the show, including 11th hour guest additions...

Margot Kidder (Lois Lane from the "Superman" movies w/ Christopher Reeves)
    Kathleen Coleman (Holly Marshall from "Land of the Lost"; first East Coast appearance & will be displaying original artwork)
    Josie Lee (Asian pin-up model and co-host of Carmen Electra's NWWL pay-per-view specials)

Saving the Star Wars best for last...the 501st New England Garrison will be displaying a life-size Jabba the Hutt prop. Photo opportunity available for a donation to the Jimmy Fund.

9. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Well we are less than a week away and I have posted updates on Rebelscum and Sandtroopers of the guest and events going on. :)

I should have a few more things to add to the basket this week and items for sale hopefully.

Could everyone post what they are bringing for the raffle so we have confirmation and what else you might be bringing including beverages and food or snacks. Just so I know I will have enough room in my cooler. ;)

Thanks,
    Chris

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think we have a pretty good idea of what everyone is donating in the 'Donations' thread. If anyone has last minute additions, post them there.

I have a mini cooler I'll be bringing as well, along with some ice packs.

11. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    I posted a bulletin from my Myspace (Beanie) page and the Imperial Syndicate page about the charity event for the Cam Neely Foundation.

Hoping to get the word out to friends who may not know about our efforts not in or aware of the fanforce activity.

Only a few days away now!

Chris

12. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    What time are people getting there Saturday morning? I haven't gotten my tickets yet so I don't think I can get in for the early opening.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I think the early entrance is only for people who buy their tickets in advance. If you have the chance, I highly recommend getting your tickets BEFORE going to the con. If you're going to buy at the door, expect to wait for quite a while in line. Alot of the local collectors show up well before the doors open in order to get the 'good stuff' first.

I'm finishing up the designs for the table signs. As soon as I have them finalized, I'll post them for all to see.

14. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll be getting into the Framingham commuter rail station at either 8:30 or 11:30am. It's incredibly annoying that there's a 3 hour gap there. I haven't decided which time yet.

Does anyone want Munchkins from DD? I can grab some of those. The only other beverages I was thinking about bringing would be for my hotel room Saturday night. I'm poor though so even that'll be limited probably. Again, you're all more than welcome to hang out.

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Don't worry about the Munchkins Rosie, I was already planning on grabbing them before I got to the show.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    We now have some home page publicity for SMF over at TF.N!
    :)

17. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Pretty cool seeing our little group highlighted with the big shots on the front page :)

Looking forward to this weekend! I have two friends coming along, should be good for a raffle ticket or two.

18. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yay! Thanks Mike! :)

Bad news: I've had strep throat all week. Good news: I won't be contagious by the time you guys see me. :)

19. McLOVIN

Aug 19, 2007
    Rosie I hope you will be feeling better by Saturday.

Ok guys here is a list of things I made a checklist for the con that I will be bringing:

cooler
    power strip and extension cord.
    candy and Darth Vader candy bucket
    portable DVD player
    plastic breakapart shelf
    pens
    notepad
    computer
    Epic Duels game

I had an idea of bringing a notepad for people to sign up their e-mail address and I would start a e-mail acount for the group to send out informational e-mails to recruit some new people who might not know about the forums and send them all our links to join our forums.

Stuff we will need if someone can bring:

digital camera
    duct tape
    clear tape
    ESB, ROTJ, and Episode 1 on DVD.

If there is anything we may need to bring that I haven't put on the list please post and let me know.

I could use whatever ideas and advice you have.

thanks,
    Chris

20. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'll probably be coming to Megafest on Sunday. On Sunday, I could bring ESB, ROTJ, and TPM on DVD (as long as they aren't for the raffle, seeing as how they're part of my collection). Do you want full screen or widescreen?

And, assuming this is all right and the raffle is on Sunday, too, I might have a sheet of the Yoda stamps to donate, if that's OK...

Sorry for being so late!

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Chris, I can bring all of those things you listed. I also have a box of pens that I, ahem...'borrowed' from work.;) I like your idea for a sign-up sheet for email addresses. If you want, I can design one that we could put on a clipboard or something.

Yes there will be a raffle basket on Sunday and the Yoda stamps would be a fantastic addition to it, thanks rpvee!

Signs are almost finished. I have to pritn the rest off this afternoon and then I'll mount a few of them onto cardboard tonight. Nothing ground-breaking, they look almost the same as last year's with the new logo/group name on top.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

OOH! Before I forget, we still need 1 more medium/large basket for the raffle on Sunday. If anyone has one they would like to offer up, it would be greatly appreciated. [:D]

22. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    I had an idea of bringing a notepad for people to sign up their e-mail address and I would start a e-mail acount for the group to send out informational e-mails to recruit some new people who might not know about the forums and send them all our links to join our forums.

That's a fantastic idea, Chris!

Mike - I still have the two items (DV Figure and DV Op table Lego Set) for the baskets as well. Is there any way for me to get these to you or should I hold onto them for next year at this point?

I don't think I have a basket either... =(

Sorry I can't make it AGAIN this year. Have a great time!

23. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I don't have a basket either, sorry. :(

Should I bring my DVDs, or are you bringing yours, Wormie?

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'll bring the DVD's.

Korey, I meant to email you sooner and I completely forgot. My apologies. Is there any way you can get them to Jorge? I believe he works right down the street from where you live, so you guys might be able to meet up today or tomorrow. If so, that would probably be the best bet at this point.

25. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    No problems, Mike.

I have so much going on tomorrow that I won't be around most of the day and, by the time I get out of work, Jorge will have already left work for the day.

I will save them for next year. Sounds like we have enough to raise a boat load of money this year!!! Can't wait to hear how we do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.