main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Supermegafest 2007

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wildstar02301, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'm just wondering... why do we need the DVDs? Will we be playing the movies at the booth on a little TV or something?

2. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Yup. On a portable DVD player or a laptop. Just a little 'eye candy' to lure people over to our table ;)

3. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I have a portable DVD player with a fairly well-sized screen size of 8.5 inches, plus it has awesome picture quality. It needs to be plugged in to work since its battery can only last so long, but I would be willing to bring it if we still need a player. Again, unless I post otherwise by the end of tonight, this would only be on Sunday.

4. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    There is a SLIGHT chance that I might come for the later half of tomorrow... I need to work out rides and what-not with friends before I can confirm.

5. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I LOVED this event! But now tomorrow is the iffy day...

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Glad you could come Brian. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Okay, I'm running on fumes after only 4+ hours of sleep last night I-) (man I wish I was 21 again...)

Today was a PHENOMENAL day of fundraising. I don't have the exact total, but today alone we exceeded what we raised in both days combined last year![face_hypnotized]

Big BIG thanks go out to everyone who made it possible. We have another day of raffles and give-aways planned for tomorrow, so if you're in the area and looking for something to do, stop by and check us out.

Until tomorrow...

DW

7. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Today was incredible! It was a shame that Ray Park left early, but there was still yesterday and the time he was here today! I also had a chat with Jeremy Bulloch, he's really nice. When I asked him about his views on the changes to the Original Trilogy, his reply seemed... mixed. He said that he was surprised when he found out that he was a clone, he only nodded when I mentioned the changing of Boba's voice, and he seemed to know the story of Boba's return from the Sarlacc in the EU pretty good. And he is well aware of the complaints about his character's in-film death.

It was great meeting some of you guys, and I look foward to the next meeting, and the next Supermegafest! :)

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'll post a more detailed recap tomorrow when I'm better rested but all I can say was this weekend was simply amazing. Our 2-day total for fund raising came to a mind boggling $1,040.00!. For anyone keeping count, that beat last year's total by over $600!!!

I had a great time seeing every one again. Thanks to everyone who helped out. You all know who you are and the effort that each and every one of you put in will not be forgotten.

Congrats fellow I.M.P.S. on a job well done!=D=

9. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    I had an awesome time with everyone at SMF this year and am proud of all the people who donated their items to help out this great cause.

Ed (DarthMoby) donated a lego Tantive IV which everyone was drooling over.

I had an awesome time and am a little tired from the weekend but will get caught up hopefully by tomorrow.

I am a little sad the con is over because I got to meet so many great people this year and I really enjoy doing the charity fund raising.

I am very proud of everyone involved from members to friends from Sandtroopers.Com , New Hampshire Mandalorians ,501st New England Garrison, and Barron's Collectibles. If I have forgtten anyone please forgive me I am very tired and the brain needs a little recharge.

Thanks to making this our biggest event yet and for really making this a great success.

Chris

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Wow...good job guys. Just too bad I couldn't be there for any of it.

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Congratulations on the success of the raffle. Raising over a thousand dollars in one weekend is quite a feat.

12. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Great job guys!

I am still bummed that I couldn't be there but, the amount raised for the Neely House - simply amazing!

When/how is the money presented to the Foundation?

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    No presentation or pomp, sorry. ;) I'll be sending a check out to them this week.

14. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I drank way too much, but it was great to see you guys again, even the Marine.

15. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    It was amazing to see all of you again. I can't believe it was 2 years since seeing most of you. My boyfriend had a lot of fun too. I would like to apologize though to everyone for anything I may have said or done Saturday night...I honestly remember very, very little. I definitely got caught up in the excitement of seeing you guys again, and got a little carried away. As much as I may have scolded anyone for letting me go so far, I blame only myself - Sunday morning was filled with intense regret. And Sunday evening I had to seek medical attention as a result of my severe lapse in judgement. :p

But I had fun, and I'm relatively ok now (still no voice, annoying). Hope to see you guys at the holiday party. :D

16. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    The Megafest site is already down! Do they always put it offline after the event?

17. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    congrats again on raising so much money!!!! Whoot!!!!!

18. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    If anyone has any pictures from the event I would love to see some :)

19. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I have a few... me with Ray Park, me with Jeremy Bulloch (a couple of those), and me with the giant Jabba model.

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm posting a boatload over at sandtroopers.com. As soon as they're up, I'll post a link.

UPDATE: And just like that, they're up:
    http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/supermegafest_2007/dw/

21. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Thanks for posting those, Mike! :)

I'm already thinking about next year's SMF! I had the time of my life during this year's, and the mystery of what and who will be there next year only adds to the suspense! Especially the question of who the Star Wars guests will be (assuming there are any)!

22. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Way to go guys!!!

23. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Here's one with me and the "guy" who bought my Boba Fett painting
    http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=phot0419fa1.jpg

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004