Mass Supermegafest 2008 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by rpvee, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I know that this is a bit soon, but I figured that I would start the Supermegafest 2008 Discusson Thread, especially since the dates for this year's event have already been decided! Just see http://supermegafest.com/ . :)
  2. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    The danger in that is if we have too many new topics, this one could be locked for being "too old". As I noted in BIEREN's thread, we usually start hearing about SMF guests sometime in June, so that's when we need to start paying attention.
  3. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know if it is ever too early to talk about something we really like... even if it is 9 months away.

It gives us more time to discuss and figure out what we will plan to do.

I love Supermegafest and can't wait for it. I almost wish they would do two shows a year.

4. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    I remember last year we found out that Ray Park was coming to SMF in April, so hopefully we will hear something that early, us artist need a whole lot of time to prepare.
  5. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I forgot which thread and who suggested it, but the idea was brought up to have the Muscular Dystrophy Association be the beneficiary of a charity event. I'm suggesting we take this person up on it and make the MDA this year's Super MegaFest charity. The major reason is that we can get additional publicity for this FanForce chapter by presenting the check during the telethon on Channel 5 during Labor Day weekend. I know it would be almost a year after the event, but our group would be able to mention the board and that we try to have meets every month, along with an invitation to Star Wars fans watching to check us out. The MDA is the charity of the Local 7 ironworkers, of which my dad is a retired member, so I'm hoping the rest of you feel the same way I do.
  6. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    That would be cool! :)
  7. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    MDA has my vote.

I think it's great that we are starting this thread so early....

Can't wait!

8. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have no idea where I'll be living at this time, but I'd love to try and make it regardless. There's only one guest I'd prefer not to see there, but I'd be happy with pretty much any other Star Wars guests. :) Honestly though, the real fun is hanging out with friends though.
  9. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, Rosanna... I've got plenty of room for you to camp out if you need a place to stay in November... Kayles would LOVE to sit down and talk science with you again. ;)

I've been seeing some great sales on SW stuff lately and need to get back to pick some stuff up for the baskets. I have one basket in my room for the raffles already.... looking for plenty more!

Looking forward to it this year. I'm definitely going... :)
  10. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    Drove by the Sheraton hotel where SMF is held on the way to Boston today..and I am looking forward to it and wondering who will be the guests for this year.

11. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    More guests have been added... still no SW.
  12. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Hey! It's Micky Dolenz!
  13. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    I am starting to get some information on things I can get donated for SuperMeagFest.

Probably some more t-shirts, posters, and pins from the movie theater.

As for a charity this time did we have any ideas as of yet?

I would hope to get a donation from my work this year once we get situated on this.

14. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi there!

I think we decided on MDA this year.

:)
  15. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I've started the cogs...

I've emailed our contact to secure our table at SMF. I will keep you posted on things on as I hear them.

Just a couple random thoughts...

We will need:

Donations for the baskets
    Baskets (I have one so far)
    Tenative attendee list
    Decision on the price of the raffle tickets

16. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Donations:
    I've been squirreling away stuff since Christmas. With another 4 months to go, I should have quite a bit for the baskets this year.

Baskets:
    I can get you one. Mrs. W. is redecorating the kitchen and doing away with a lot of wicker baskets. Worst case scenario is we can just use the one basket both days like we did last year. We just dumped all of the Saturday prizes into a cardboard box for the winner to carry away.

Tenative attendee list:
    Still to early to tell for me.

Decision on the price of the tickets:
    The price on the basket tickets has always been $1 or 6 for $5. Last year we got some higher-end donations that we kept separate from the baskets. What we did was raise the price on those tickets to $5(?) but we limited the tickets to give people better odds. I believe we had a GG statue that we did $5 each but limited the # of tickets to 40. That seemed to go over well with the crowd.
  17. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone else having trouble w/ Super MegaFest web site? I can't seem to get it to load (FF says the site is taking too long to respond).
  18. sithkeith1701 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The website is currently down...... I just tried it....
  19. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's likely hosted rather than being on their own server, so I wonder if *they* know their site is down.
  20. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    It's not the first time it's gone down. I think it's safe to say it will be back up by the time the con kicks off in November.;)
  21. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The site's been down for at least two weeks.
  22. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Like Mike said it will be up again soon and it will definitley be happening in November.
  23. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm hoping to make it to this. There'll be a lot of New England Garrison people there.
  24. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Knight

The Massachusetts Jedi Temple group and its members will be there too. I have a room at the Sheraton already. I will be there all three days. Hopefully to see all of you there. Also i will be selling one of my custom force-fx Super Mega Fest edition lightsaber. I will also be hanging around with the alderaan Base members.
  25. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    I live on 20 minutes away but might just get a hotel room again.

It was a lot easier than traveling home after a late night at the con.

I hope the guest list will get updated and available soon.

Anyone have any items that they would like to donate to the charity raffle?

I am putting a few things together now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.