main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Supermegafest 2008 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by rpvee, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    2 more non-SW guests added. Linda Blair and Richard Dreyfus. Richard Dreyfus?

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Richard Dreyfus has his place in sci-fi history...he starred in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (if you can call that movie sci-fi) :)

3. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Actually kinda cool for me that RD is going to be there, he did that movie Mr. Holland's Opus years ago and my wife is Deaf. He didn't learn a whole lot of ASL for that role, but he did a pretty good job.

4. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Morning...

Linda Blair is a sweet heart in real life... met her at Spooky World back when it was up in Berlin!

Wish they would add just one more Star Wars actor(ress) though... would be nice!

HAPPY MONDAY ALL!

5. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I have been told that there won't be any more Star Wars guest :(-- But there will be a Star Wars Trivia Contest, with prizes. That's cool...

6. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Shame that we have only two minor actors, then. The previous years have been so major! Heck, last year we had two of the best villains in movie history (or at least most popular). And now two actors with no more than a minute of screentime for one, and maybe five minutes for the other (minus a deleted scene)? Hm. :(

At least we get an awesome artist. ;)

Cool about the trivia contest! I wonder what kind of prizes there will be.

7. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?!?!!?!

Yes, that's right... the passes arrived. However, they appear to not be for the all access tickets but, I am not sure.

At least we got them.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    All-Access passes? You mean to things like the concert and after show party? We've never had those kind of passes, just basic weekend passes. Nothing more.

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I wish there were more SW guests and less wrestling ones looks like this event is going towards the squared circle this year instead of sci-fi.

Not sure anyone else knew this or not but the New England Fan Experience is the same weekend as SMF. They are having some Sci-Fi, Science, and other guests. The lone SW guest so far is Daniel Logan just confirmed today from what I read. This event looks to be from Friday to Sunday in Cambridge. They used to be in Springfield earlier in the fall I thought. I think the big reason to do Boston area this year is because of the flop that didn't happen in the Jumpcon. I think they are trying to make up for that failure not sure.

10. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Three weeks from tomorrow and counting!

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Thanks for the info Jorge. If I have the time on Sunday I may make a trip in to see Daniel Logan.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    A couple of things to think about before SMF.

- You'll need another roll of raffle tickets. these can be found at any office supply store. I still have some of the roll from last year, but I don't know if there is enough tickets to get through all of the raffles for the weekend.

- You also need some kind of container to hold the ticket stubs for the raffle. We didn't have enough containers last year and ended up improvising with all sorts of things. Best bet? Hot Target or WalMart in the next day or so and grab some of the SW-themed Halloween baskets for 50% or more off.

- Also don't forget a money/lock box of some kind for holding the money, a few ones and fives for making change, and some pens. You wouldn't believe how many people walk away with a pen.

I still have a ton of flyers as well and email sign-up sheets that I can drop off on Saturday morning along with all of my stuff for the baskets.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I may end up passing on this con they have added more guests and it is looking more and more like a wrestling convention than anything else. Hell they even have a wrestling promo company going to be there. I sure hope that this isn't going to be the wave of the future for SMF, because I will definitely not attend anymore future events if this is the case.

I think I may end up making the trip into Boston instead for the New England Fan Experience.

On a side note DV candy buckets are .99 now at Target. May go lower than that and would make good ticket holding buckets.

14. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Ooh! That's great about the DV buckets... I will try to swing in and get a couple.

Will miss seeing you there, Jorge if you decide definitely not to go.

15. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    I already got some candy to have at the table.

We usually put out some trats for the people who purchase tickets from us.

Also I will be bringing my cooler for anyone who wants to bring food to eat instead of buying the overpriced sandwhiches that the hotel has available.

I will bring a plastic shelf rack and electrical cords if we get near some power.

I will have to go through my checklist at home when I arrive later.

Any other ideas would be apperiated.

I also need some assistance or transporting some of the items to the con, as my car is small.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Target in Marlboro had a bunch of the DV buckets yesterday.

17. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Chris - We have the minivan so, helping to transport won't be a problem. :)

18. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hey guys...

I picked up 3 of the DV candy buckets yesterday... do we need more than that?

19. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Ok, we have the buckets for the raffle...

We need the tickets - anyone want to pick up the extra roll?

Mike - are you bringing the roll you have left to set up?

Also, who all is going to be there on Saturday/Sunday and at what times?

So many answers... so little time!

Can't believe this is a week from Saturday!

Keith, what's the scoop on the jersey?

20. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I can swing by Staples and pick up some more tickets.

Korey I am usually at the con from set up to break down both days and I only leave the table area to take a break or walk around with a clipboard sell tickets.

I should have a list of the items I have to donate soon.

I have a few items from my collection such as a Celebration IV McQuarrie C-3PO & R2-D2,
    I may still have a Celebration III Darth Vader,a few vintage figures up for raffle(have to go through my stuff still)

Thought the vintage stuff might interest the older fans. ;)

I am going to try and find out what I will be getting as far as movie posters and such from my theater connection.

Maybe we should post something on the Northeast thread and on the NH forums and see if anyone would care to donate some stuff to help out the cause.

Jim and I got aa hotel room for Saturday night so if someone wanted to stay over we should have the space.

Anything else we can think of planning for, please don't be shy.

As always I expect another fun time.

Chris

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, I still have that roll Korey, but like I said I don't think there are enough tickets to get you through the weekend. Better off picking up a new roll (sounds like Chris will be doing this) and using the roll I have for the smaller, limited ticket raffles.

I also still have all of those movie posters from last year (and the year before). They're pretty dated now and most of the good ones were gobbled up last year when we gave them free to people who bought a ticket. I can bring them if you want, but they'll take up alot of room behind the table and you may end up having to take them away with you at the end of the show.

Not sure when I'll be there. Definitely Saturday but probably not first thing. may not be until after 10:00 or so. Unless someone wants to meet up with me a day or two before to grab all of the stuff I have so you can have it first thing Saturday. Sunday is up in the air. If it's a good show, I'll come Sunday. If it''s a dud, I'll pass.

I still need to get a ticket, which I'll probably do next week since I don't get paid until this Friday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. It's been a while for me.

22. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Mike I can arrange to stop by or meet with you and get those posters and stuff from you.

23. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The issue of t-shirts came up in the group chat tonight, so I'm posting this as a reminder that they can be had at http://www.cafepress.com/massimperial

24. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Donations:

Color Changing, RoTS DV Light Saber
    SW Lego Set (Small) - DV on medical op table
    New Clone Wars Poster

Please post your donations - Thanks!! :)

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    - SW Miniatures Booster pack (Starship Battles)
    - Galactic Hunter 2-pk (Luke w/Yoda and Holo Ben)
    - Anakin/Vader Burger King Watch
    - 2 SW Unleashed single figures (Anakin & Vader)
    - SW Pocket Models Game pack
    - SW Saga Figure (Han Solo: Endor Raid)
    - SW 30AV Figure (Animated Boba Fett)
    - SW 30AV Figure (Sandtrooper)
    - SW:TPM Collectors Edition Widescreen Video
    - Marvel ROTJ 4-pack of comics (left from last year)
    - SW:ESB Magna Comic Book, Vol. 1
    - SW Hardcover Novel (Title TBD)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.