main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Supermegafest 2008 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by rpvee, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Those are some great items.
    I will be going through some stuff downstairs and should have plenty of stuff to donate myself.

Reminder: T-shirts

If you would like shirts from Café Express (link is in Ritchie's post above) Please let me know and I will place an order tonight!!!

I will need size and style and qty of what you would like.

2. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    A few were asking what our total raised last year was...

Last year we raised $1,040 through our raffles.

I am hoping we exceed that this year! :)

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Chris should still have my Ep. 3 Clone Trooper. :)

4. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I believe he already mentioned that he still has that Richie...

Our friend TK over at the NH Mandalorians said he would be happy to help out and will look through to see what he has for donations.

Said he'd get back to me on more specifics later.

5. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Ok I got Korey's request for a Imperial Syndicate t-shirt.

Anyone else?

I will order tonight and we should have them by the con next weekend.

I will be ordering at 11:00 or so tonight so there is still time.

6. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'm not sure if I'll have an answer by 11:00. :(

Anyways, Arnie replied:

I'm pretty sure the con is the 22nd-23rd. But I need a small list of all the final raffle details so I can reply.

7. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Brian

I sent you a pm on the list so ar and one thing I left off is my Code 3 Revenge Of The Sith movie poster sculpture.

I posted some info on the SWAN forums but feel ree to update it.

You can tell them I will be wearing my SWAN shirt on Sunday ;)

----------------------

Korey I ordered your shirt. :) I also have two extra to show people if they are interested in purchasing.

Could someone print out the Café Express page so we can show people at the con what selection there is for the Mass. shirts.

Corey did TK say what he may have to donate.

It would be great to know so we can pass this info on to the SW Action News podcast to attact some more people.

I believe they are recording the show this (Sat)tomorrow for the Monday download.

8. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi all!

I will print out the Cafe Express Page here at work on the color copier... :)

What's the word on the banner?

Thanks for ordering my shirt, Chris...

9. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I will be doing a thorough search of my basement this weekend to see if I have the banner.

Hopefully I do. Just alot of my mom's and my stuff down there.

10. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I'll be making my own shirt this weekend. Don't have the scratch to order via cafepress right now. I did add a new styled T to our CP store. It's a 'ringer' style that you can get in red, black or blue.

Also need to get my butt over to Bedrock comics in Framingham and buy me a ticked before the show.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    In case no one has checked the SMF site in the past day or so, Richard Dreyfus is out (shocker :rolleyes:) and Leslie Nielsen (Airplane!, Naked Gun movies) is in.

Thanks to Chris for the heads up.

12. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Been looking in the house and no banner. :(

I will keep looking and see what if anything else I can find.

I can't wait to see everyone.

Also we had a great mention on this weeks Star Wars Action News podcast episode #169.

Thank you to Brian for getting that to happen.

If you would like to hear it you can click the link in my signature and listen to that episode and also hear some great collectible news,reviews, and interview.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Slight wrinkle in my plans for Saturday. A friend of my family passed away and the service for her is Saturday. Not sure what time yet, but it's going to affect my attendance at the show. Let me know what time people are going to be there to set-up and I'll try and be there early to drop my stuff off.

I'll also bring the old banner in case last year's doesn't turn up.

14. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    SMF mention in the Metrowest Daily News today!

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/entertainment/entertainment%20calendar/x75553959/Visit-with-former-Beatles-drummer-Pete-Best-at-this-weekends-Super-Megafest

15. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    What time are the people setting up going to be there Saturday morning? Let me know so I can meet you there with all of the stuff I have.

OOH! Almost forgot, we need raffle signs for the table. Can someone post either here on in a PM to me what raffles will be available, how much the tickets will be and any other important details? as soon as I get that info I'll whip up some signs and bring them with me on Sat.

16. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Chris and I plan to be there around 8am to get set up...

As far as raffle sign holders, I could probably borrow some from work (if we want to go that route).

As far as the signs.... well, I am not sure what we have coming. I know what I'm donating and the few other items that have been mentioned in the thread but, other than that...

Chris was still on the hunt for items last night. He was going to post a listing here when he finalized.

Does that help? LOL

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't need a breakdown of what going in the baskets since that sign will just say 'raffle basket'. What I need is a list of the stuff separate from the baskets that will be raffled off. Like last year for example we had a Gentle Giant Yoda Statue that we auctioned off separately. It was limited to only 25 tickets and the tickets were $5.00 a piece.

is there going to be any products like that available this year? I know there is the CW movie standee. Anything else?

I also have signs promoting the raffle baskets as well as other promotions like a free movie poster with a $5.00 purchase of raffle tickets and Movie T-shirts for $7.00 a pop.

Chris, if you can PM me a list of all the movie posters you got this year, I'll add them to the list of posters left over from last year and print it out. I'll also drop off a few 'black' signs so you guys can fill them out if we have any unexpected or last-minute donations that will be raffled separately from the baskets.

I need as much of this info ASAP so I can print the signs out from here on the high-end printer.

18. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Guys!!!!!

SMF got a HUGE article in the Worcester Telegram and Gazette!!!! I'm not sure if it's just the Worcester edition or the general-MA edition, but WOW!

I'm sure it got a mention on FOX News this morning, too, because I heard they were going to have Pete Best as a guest on the show. They'd have to mention why he's in town!!!

19. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Sweet!

I am looking forward to raising lots and lots of money tomorrow! :)

As I posted above, Metrowest Daily News had it in their Entertainment section yesterday - like you say Brian... the article was huge!

20. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2008
    Hey everyone i will be at SMF this weekend cant wait to meet some of you. See you tomorrow.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    More good news. The banner turned up in my attic. I must have picked up from Chris after the show at some point because I know for a fact that I left the show without it.

I'll be dropping it off tomorrow morning along with all of the movie poster from last year as well as my donations for the baskets.

UPDATE: Looks like Linda Blair is a last-minute cancellation. :mad: Thanks to Jorge for the heads-up.

22. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I am typing this on my PSP, right in the Sheraton lobby. The show ended about an hour ago. Lobby is somewhat crowded, a giant landspeeder replica in its middle.

Awesome first day! Sure, things at the table were slow, but I still had a great day!

See you guys tomorrow! :)

23. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Nice meeting a few of you today at the Fest. We didn't stay very long, ended up driving back to Cambridge for the New England Fan Experience to get Daniel Logan's autograph. We found SMF to be a much better event. Might back it back tomorrow, but if I can't could someone PM me with an address to mail a donation towards the charity?

Almost forgot...Someone asked Daniel Logan where he was living and if he was working full time. He said he's living in Los Angeles and working full time in a repo yard, but said he wanted to get back into acting. Bounty hunting to repossession, I guess that makes sense. Still, I was a bit shocked to hear that, I guess I'm still a bit naive when it comes to Hollywood.

24. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Sorry I couldn't make it back yesterday guys.... it was utter craziness at the house (Jacob's sick, etc.) so I bailed. Hopefully Chris got my text message...

So, how'd the second day go? What did we end up taking in?

25. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I know Jim counted the money and I think we took in 363 dollars total.

Our table location for day 2 in a matter of word..sucked.

Poor organization by the staff this year on guests and coordination.

Next year will hopefully be better.

I like wrestlers but not that many.

We will have to write emails pleading to have more SW guests for next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.