Supermegafest 2008 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by rpvee, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Where was the table for day 2?

Like you said, we will just have to advocate for better guests next year...
  2. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    I agree, I even mentioned that at the Trivia Contest.WRITE NOW, WRITE OFTEN--MORE STAR WARS GUESTS!!!!
  3. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that the reason why all the wrestlers were there was due to the WWE being in the area for Survivor Series as well as their TV shows this week. Most of them had ties to the WWE in some way shape or form and were probably in town for the show(s) and figured they could get some extra coin by doing a con in the area. The whole Turn Buckle Promotions company was the reason why so many were there this year. I am willing to bet that if there was no big show in the area TBP would not have been there. I could be wrong but that is how I see it. I highly doubt next year there will be a big wrestling presence probably just the two or three that are usually there.

I think another thing that could have hurt was the New England Fan Experience. Even though they only had the 1 SW guest they had more Sci-Fi related guests/material than SMF did this year. More people were probably into that than SMF this year. I was pretty amazed at how easy it was to get around on Sunday and Saturday afternoon for that matter. I know the last time I was there the place was jammed couldn't move at all. Attendance had to be down for this one no doubt about it.

I will definitely send a few e-mails asking for more SW guests soon.
  4. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I completely agree with this train of thought. When sending the norganizers emails, don't mention your affiliation with the FF (with the exception of Korey & Chris of course). I think it would make a bit more of an impression if they felt paying attendees were unhappy than all of the members of just one group.
  5. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Well put Mike, I agree...hate email from all walks of life
  6. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    I agree with the above advice please don't tell the organizer(s) that you are with fanforce.

Don't bash these guys too much either.

Was I upset about our table location on Sunday...yes.

But it can't always be perfect.

Next year will be the 10th anniversary of Phantom Menace maybe we could get some actors from that.

Also what other non-Star Wars guests would be good for the show? If you have some ideas shoot those to the people at SMF.

Well I did have a great time despite the table location.

Nice to finally meet Darth-Dogish-Head and Obi-Jeff-Kenobi. :)

Hope we will see you guys more at events.

I would really like to thank everyone here who was invovled in helping out this year and giving part of themselves to help out a worthy cause.

7. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Below is the email address for the guy who organizes the guest at SMF. Tell him more Star Wars
    heroes@optonline.net
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.