main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp SuperMegaFest 2008 - Plan to Attend?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Oct 22, 2008.

?

SuperMegaFest 2008 - Plan to Attend?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Thought I would try to help gauge interested in attending SMF this year. Here is the link the show website:

http://www.supermegafest.com

I will not be able to attend overnight since my wife's birthday is 11/23, the second day of the show. I am considering coming for the day on Saturday, but can't confirm that right now, so I am voting "no."

Please post you vote on the poll and also a message on here with what you voted.

Thanks!

2. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Most probably I will not attend. I wasn't impressed with the show last year and can't justify it this year, financially or time-wise. We will also have company around that time as well.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I do plan to attend. Granted the guest list this year so far is less than spectacular, I look at it as a weekend to hang out with the guys, blow off some steam, and have some fun! :D

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Holy crap! Richard Dreyfuss is going to be at SMF! I didn't think he did shows like this! Wonder how much he'll be charging...

5. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I will be there with bells on! Ding-a-ling!! :)

This wil be the 6 year in a row for me! I'm sorry to see some of you out there are not going to be making. That will be to bad. It looks like it starting to turn out to be a great line up. I can't wait.

SeeYa,
    TK

6. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    There will be a Star Wars Trivia Contest at this year's Supermegafest. Everyone is invited to partake. There will be many prizes for the winners. Spread the word so there will be more events like this.

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks for theheads up Bieren!

They are also having a limited ed. T-shirt this year with C3-PO on it. As well a an exc. art print of a Strom Trooper. It looks petty nice. I'll wait to see how much that one is first. But the T-shirt .... I will have. lol

SeeYa,
    TK

8. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    If I am not mistaken BIEREN designed the artwork for the shirt and the print is one of his. Pretty cool stuff.

The SW guests are only two this year. And there looks to be a lot of wrestlers this time around. It should be a good time regardless but after last year's SW guests this kinda missed the boat. The New England Fan Experience has Daniel Logan booked for their con that same weekend.

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello ALL!!

The New England Fan Experience is that the show that is in western Ma? Someone said they have a lot of Star Trek people this year as well. I wonder if that show is any good? I've heard a few people talk about it before in the past. But I have never gone?

SeeYa,
    TK

10. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    they moved the New England Fan Experience to Boston this year (Cambridge actually). I think this is to kinda make up for the failure that was Jumpcon this past summer. You are right TK it is usually in Springfield and has had a good number of Star Trek guests. This year is a variety of Sci-Fi guests and Daniel Logan for SW. Supposedly they are having more people but I have not heard of anyone else.

11. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    News Flash! I am now able to attend SMF on Saturday and have the option to either hang out till late Saturday night, or crash there, if there is room, and head home for the start of birthday festivities first thing Sunday morning....

12. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    VERY SWEET!!

Now we definitely have to get you suited up! I have score some work space in my bluiding. I rec. the shop keys today. So I can work on whatever at night down in the shop. It's a great space. Plus it's warmer than storage. lol

Just let me know when you can make it. We can do it anytime at night till whenever.

Seeya,
    TK

Again ... I'm off Thursday and Friday this week. I'll be working on my new suit Thursday night and all day Friday.

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Nice Steve! Cool :)

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok everyone....

Just to make this CLEAR!!

We have a room at SMF. The room is covered!! The room will NOT COST anyone ANYTHING!! That's right. PLUS....

I have FREE... Thats right FREE PASS FOR EVERYONE!! I do however need a head count of who is going? I excepted EVERYONE to make this show. EVERYONE !!

We should have NO one not making it. I don't wish to hear ANYTHING about ANYTHING! that you can not make it. I have worked very hard getting all this set up for YOU ALL!!

This is the big show every year for us as a group. I would like EVERYONE to make it. I've done all this as a...

THANK YOU to EVERYONE !!

For ALL the work everyone in this group has done this year. I know money is tight EVERY where. But I have worked it out so it will not cost you all ANYTHING!! So please come and hang out with us. Have some fun. Enjoy! Have a drink...or two. :rolleyes: Whatever. This is our time to let loose before the holidays. Just to get away from the everyday stuff. NO bills, NO work, just fun.

So now NO ONE has any reason for not making it. Even if you have NO $$$ for anything at the show. You can still just come hangout in the room. Play games, relax, you name it. Plus with the passes. You get in free!! You don't even need $$$. Hows that?!

So for the LAST TIME! lol I hope to see everyone at the show.

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> I do need a head count. So far I have the following people going.

John = Going both days + over nite.
    Brandon = Going both days + over nite.
    Me = Going both days + over nite.
    Steve = Going Saturday - Over nite?

I don't not know the plans for anyone else. Please let me know. Thanks

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    ***CHANGE IN THE LINE UP!***

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet? But there is NO more Richard Dreyfuss coming to the show.

WoW! John did you call that. lol We had just talked the other night about him not maing a lot of the show lately. Than ... this morning, he is pulled from the list. lol That's just to funny.

But get this, he is being replaced by .....dum roll please. [face_praying] lol!

***LESLIE NIELSON !!!***

How cool is that? I like him a lot better them Dreyfuss. Not that there is anything wrong with Dreyfuss. But I think Nielson is way cooler. Oh well, feel free to go and check it out at the site.

SeeYa,
    TK

16. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I will be there Saturday, saturday night, and will leave first thing sunday morning. I'll plan to bring a 6-pack and some snacks for the evening activities.

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    NICE!! Yeah, i called it. I had heard that Dreyfuss had been cancelling his other appearances. But it's all cool with me. I hear he can be a dick, so Leslie Neilson should be so much better!

18. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Sorry to say, I have another change of plans. My brother-in-law and his partner are now alos coming up this weekend, and only for this weekend. They arrive Friday night and leave Sunday. I don't feel like I can leave for almost the entire time they will be here. If it were just my in-laws, who are staying for the week, it would not have been a big deal. Sorry to have to change my mind again. If it changes back, I'll be sure to let you know! Regardless, I'll get someone the banner and other materials I have here from the comic book show.

19. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Awwwww man! I was hoping that we could play PM... oh well. Hope you have a good time with the fam! :)

20. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I put all the pics of SMF from My camera on the photobucket sight. Have a look!

21. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Looks like you guys had fun! Great pics, Andy.
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    MTFBWY

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I finally got my pics posted on photobucket too. There were some great costumes there this year, but I gotta say that they had way too many guests. Next year they need to think more about quality than quantity, and since it's going to be The Phantom Menace's 10th anniversary, hopefully more SW guests. But other than that, there were really no complaints, it was a lot of fun this year!

23. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have to say that it was a fun time this year. Sure, the guests could have been better (less wrestlers, more Star Wars) but overall this was one of the more fun ones I have attended.

Let's start off with the SW Trivia contest. It was a good set up and was fun to do, but in the end I was tripped up on an easy question. Why I didn't go with the rest of the group on this, I'll never know. But I'll always remember that Obi Wan found Luke in the Jundland Wastes and not the Dune Sea... And the grand prize was pretty awesome. It was the limited Padme vs Nexu statue from Sideshow. It looked freakin' awesome!

For autographs I got Anthony Forrest (Fixer, Stormtrooper in A New Hope). I tried for Garrick Hagon but he was always on break when I went to his table! Oh well.. There was also a small surprise in that the model who was used for Darth Talon was there (I had to get her autograph, I'm such a Darth Talon mark.) She was also on the new American Gladiators in the first season. She was really nice... and hot [face_love]

The deals at the tables were not to be believed. Unfortunately TK missed out on a couple of great deals (Code 3 Vader's TIE Fighter for $150 - regular $300!). I picked up the Sideshow Darth Maul and ANH Princess Leia 12" figures for $75 total! What a deal! They had others for $40 (Qui Gon, Jedi Luke, Bespin Han) and some Kotobuyuka (sp?) for $30-$40 each. We went back to his table on Sunday to see if anything was marked down but he had sold EVERYTHING to one person! Grrr! I wanted the Koto Slave Leia for $30! :_|

I guess the music was really good, except for the first band that I had stayed for. In a word, they sucked. Could hardly make out what they were singing, so I went back to the room and watched hockey lol. I hear that Peter Tork's band was pretty kick ass, and even Jonathan Frakes was dancing it up on the floor. TK and Brandon had lots of pics of the night. Hopefully we can find a way to get Brandon's pics up on the net.

Here's to next years SMF, hoping it'll be a blast! :D

24. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I'm glad you liked the contest, I had fun setting it up. There will be another trivia contest next year, and hopefully more Star Wars events and guests. The best way to assure more guest is to let the organizers of SMF know we want more Star Wars guests. You may contact them on their website or by emailing them at: heroes@optonline.net, but don't tell them I told you to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.