main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Supermegafest 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BIEREN, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Last year Supermegafest didn't have that many Star Wars guests- i am trying to get SMF's organizers to have more SW actors and events. Last year had too many Wrestlers (personally one is too many). so i am hoping enough people will email supermegafest.com and ask for a larger Star Wars presence at this years show.

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    You might ask them what happened to their web site, Kevin...I'm getting an error page from their hosting company right now.

3. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    David Prowse will be at SMF this year, but don't tell anyone I told you.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
  5. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    David Prowse at SMF is long overdue. :)

They should go after Carrie Fisher but I doubt she would attend or schedule would allow for it. :(

Anthony Forrest was great hope to see him at another con soon.

6. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2008
    It was a blast for me last year for my first con with Alderaan Base and the 501st. Here are some pics from last year maybe you saw me there.

[image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/jedimasterrune/MSF%2008/100_177575.jpg]

[image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/jedimasterrune/MSF%2008/100_1763.jpg]

[image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/jedimasterrune/MSF%2008/Obi-JeffKenobiandR2D2.jpg]

[image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/jedimasterrune/MSF%2008/100_1781.jpg]

[image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/jedimasterrune/MSF%2008/100_1793.jpg]

7. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Great costume, very cool. Looking forward for SMF, really hoping for a few cool SW guests.

8. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    SMF website is up. Remember to contact them on the Site and ask, no, demand more Star Wars guest.

9. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    The SMF website is finally updated.

10. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    David Prowse! That's certainly a good start!

11. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hello everyone!

So, what's the scoop gang... are we doing this in November?

We've not gotten together since last year's and fundraising was certainly at a minimum last year.

IF we are going to do it, we need to get into the planning stages soon. November is coming faster than we think.

Thoughts?

Hope to talk to you all soon.

-K.

12. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'd be more involved, but the lack of driver's license/car limits what I can do. I hope I can get a ride to the Framingham Sheraton this year for it. I do have a Jodo Kast figure I'd like to donate for the raffle, if it gets going. :)

13. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    It's sad how long it's been since we all met. Are we really going to rely only on SMF for one annual meeting? :(

I know I'm going to SMF this year whether we do something as a group or not, but I sure hope that we do indeed to something. I still have that giant Clone Wars thing standing up in my room, too (though when I got home with it, I noticed its edges weren't in the best condition, because it had been bumped into by hundreds of people on Saturday of 2008's convention).

Plus, with David Prowse himself being at SMF this year, there NEEDS to be another Star Wars group besides the costuming groups there.

14. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Brian, it's very sad indeed.

At this point, I am sure, all the tables are spoken for and we will not be able to get passes like we did last year. I'll be honest, I never made contact with the organizer as there wasn't any interest posted here.

If anyone's interested in attending with a group, I might suggest contacting the NH Mandalorian's to see if you can hang with them. They seem to be very active and are well into the planning stages for SMF.

I will probably go, if only to drool over Kevin's artistry again and to catch a glimpse of Mr. Prowse.

Very, very sad.

15. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    I hope you guys, and the Marine, make it to the con. SMF wouldn't be the same without you.

16. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    We still have a few months! Could you contact them and see if anything could be put together?? It's not like we're in October.

17. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I am up for helping out some charity!

Never count us out. :)

I don't know who to contact at SMF.

18. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Chris, there's contact info at the bottom of the supermegafest.com home page

19. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    Chris,

Here's the guy I dealt with last year for our table and passes... when I contacted him last year, he booked us right in and then "forgot" he had given us the table and passes.

john@johns-toys.com

I am not sure I will be able to make it this year. Life's crazy! If I can be there I will...

Let me know how you make out with John at John's Toys regarding passes, etc. Last year, I asked him to donate the table and 4 weekend passes and got both free of charge. Let me know if you would like to see the note I originally sent last year. :)

20. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Data's coming, which is cool-personally I'd rather have C-3PO

21. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    So would anyone besides myself and Jim like to raise funds for a charity this year and get a table?

Please post and let everyone know.

Thanks,
    Chris

I have several items for the basket already and could get some more stuff.

22. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    I'd love to help out again. Despite location, I think our table was great last year - we had my portable DVD player playing Phantom Menace and Empire Strikes Back with my speakers under the table, and we had all the prizes set up with great organization, I think we could do that again. Also, if someone could bring a TV, we could try my Xbox again, since we didn't get to do that last year.

23. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I had brought the TV last year... problem was we had no power.

I most likely won't be able to make the event this year due to dance schedules and general craziness which is a disappointment for me as I would love to meet Mr. Prowse.

Does anyone have suggestions of who our charity should be this year?

24. rpvee

rpvee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2007
    Do they have to be local/in this country/related to Star Wars?

25. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    It's usually something related to children's charities. Was last year the Cam Neely Foundation or did we just discuss that as one of the options? I can't remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.