Supermegafest 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by BIEREN, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, the good news is I was able to get you guys that ARE going passes and a table.

When the passes arrive at my house, I will let you know.
  2. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well that's great, Korey! Now we can really start planning.
  3. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2

That is awesome great work Korey!!

4. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So now we just need to act. First step is what?
  5. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Start to get some items for the gift baskets.

1. Does anyone have anything to donate?

2. Do anyone have baskets to donate for giveaway?

3. Tickets, do someone have the leftover ticket rolls?

6. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a Jodo Kast figure to donate, but it'll be a trick getting it to you (trick being something like a run to Staples to use their shipping service).
  7. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    We also still need to contact our chosen charity organization.

I still have that giant Clone Wars thing. And I'm still not happy about what happened with it. Last year, we only sold a few tickets for it, and deciding it wasn't enough, we decided not to raffle it off. Fine, right? Except for the fact that, despite my pressing for it, we never returned the money to those few who bought tickets. :(

So if we show up with the thing again, what if we're asked why we still have it, should anyone who bought a ticket for it last year go there this year? And also, Saturday of last year, we had it right against the edge of our space, people were bumping into it all day, so its edges are not in the best condition.
  8. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I contacted Wormie ... he suggested we use Melody Gaeta as our contact at autismspeaks.org
    I will contact her to let her know we will be raising money for them and, at Wormie's suggestion, ask for some giveaways for people who donate.

I've got nothing (no items, no baskets this year).

As far as the Clone Wars stand up.... I wouldn't bring it.

There's my 2 pennies. :)
  9. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So I should keep the CW thing? I don't have a problem with that, just want to know for certain...?
  10. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah go ahead and keep it. It would of been perfect to have it for the 2007 show.

Hopefully we will have a better location this year.

I went through my basement and found some stuff to bring.

I will post up my items once I get it all sorted.

11. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    A new Star Wars guest should be posted soon on the SMF site.
    Here are some Star Wars sketch cards I have done for Topps Cards:
    http://scoundrelpublishing.com/spart/viewtopic.php?t=15360
  12. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, those are awesome! Will you have any prints/copies of them at SMF? I love the padme! [face_love]
  13. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    Looking forward to that update! Great sketches, I really liked the Totem Poles.
  14. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    very cool sketches. you did a great job on them.
  15. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    just took another look at the SMF website looks like they are adding more non-Sci-Fi talent to the roster. Looks like this will be another T&A show like last year. It will probably end up being another wrestling before we know it.

I really wished that their website had a forum section because I would definitely say something in there if they did. This is nuts if these guys want to make it an adult show they need to just come out and say it and do it already. I am very disappointed in these guys to say the least.
  16. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    If they could keep the adult section in that back area where the wrestlers were last year I think that would help. They also have that room where they set up the video games one year (or every year, not sure). Keep the main floor family friendly and they could still have their adult themed area if that's something important to them.
  17. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    they could do that but it would probably end up like last year on Sunday when they had to use that room for the "breakfast" and everyone got pushed out and in out of the reach places. I just think the guys are out of touch in regards to what makes a good con and what doesn't. They hit the nail on the head a few different times and have dropped the ball the past two. As it stands now I don't think $20 is worth paying to visit the vendor area. I mean having Ray Park is great, but there really isn't anything else worth seeing. No offense to the other guests especially you Kevin you are a damn good artist, but I am not spending money to see "playmates" in their cloths.

I wish the organizers would visit the different forums to see what people thought of their shows then they might get a clue. I know a number of people who were turned off last year but the guests and vowed to not go back until things improve. I guess all the e-mails we sent to these guys didn't change their mind on who their guests should be.
  18. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    I agree with you. I would drop every wrestler and aged model from SMF for one Ewok.
  19. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Gerald Holme huh? To be truthful I was hoping for someone a bit more substantial but I guess he'll do. Still not all that impressed with the lineup so far.... except for Kevin :D
  20. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    Not what I was hoping for either, but it's enough to sway me to go to the event.
  21. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Who is he, exactly? It looks like he was nothing more than an extra in costume.
  22. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Gerald Home is part of Star Wars history.

I never met him so I am looking forward to meeting him and hearing what his experiences in Return of The Jedi were.

23. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    glad to see another SW guest. It would be interesting to meet him and talk shop, but I am still disappointed that they couldn't get another name with some fame. They had all these months to get something done and nothing got done.

I did notice one thing that Turnbuckle Promotions is bringing a board most of the "models" this year. They are the company who brought in all the wrestlers and "models" at the last minute last year. I think the same thing will happen again especially if they can't sign anyone else on their own. I am wondering why they had to get the help of this company to bring in guests. I honestly think it is a huge mistake, but what do I know I am not the ones trying to run a con and trying to get guests. If they continue this relationship I would bet that there will always be more "models" than actual actors especially SW. You would think that having the 501st having a big part in this con that they wouldn't try to get more SW guests. They know that the Fan Force group is Star Wars related as well and when you add the Rebel Legion you would think that a promoter would try to get more guests to fit that area. A good amount of the vendors sell SW stuff so why wouldn't you want to bring in more to help those groups and vendors out. Everyone makes money that way.
  24. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well come on, guys! We can't just sit around, we only have just over a month! Plans, passes-to-people, we need to get these things DONE!

Korey, have you contacted our chosen charity and let them know we're doing this for them?

Who has things for the gift baskets?

Are we going to have special items this year, like the 3D Revenge of the Sith poster last year?

How are the tickets going to work this year, and how much will they be?

Who the heck is even coming?

Sorry to almost be taking charge, but no one has posted for four days now. We can't waste time.
  25. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    I will donate some of my SW prints for the basket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.