Supermegafest 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by BIEREN, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Wow, thanks Kevin! What a fantastic way to start things off!

---

I'm considering bringing my Xbox for the table, but with the flu going around, having hundreds of people touching my game controllers is disease-spread waiting to happen. So perhaps, like last year, I'll bring my portable DVD player and hook it up to the great-sounding speakers I have, and just play the Star Wars films (I also have a great fan-edit by a guy called Adywan I could play).

Who took the big banner home last year?
  2. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks Kevin! That is very cool for you to do.

I believe Jim and I will of course be setting up and breaking down both Saturday and Sunday.

I believe we are doing our charity for Autism Speaks.

And I think we will keep all ticket at one dollar each and 6 for 5 dollars.

We don't have any special item for seperate raffle yet. We do have some time to get things donated.

rpvee if you can get an announcement on Star Wars Action News Podcast again would be cool.

Maybe a post on there forums too would be helpful.

After Halloween Weekend I will be putting alot more time into Supermegafest..don't worry we will have plenty of time and I have quite a few things for both days for baskets.

I will have a list of some stuff soon.

3. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have the tickets... just need to disperse.

Chris
    Jim
    Brian

All get one as they will be there all day, both days.

How to get them to you, with everyone's crazy schedules? That's another story. LOL

I have the contact name at Autism Speaks and will be contacting her this week.

No worries.
  4. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Apparently, from the website, they got Ray Park to come back. Also, for those of us who are also ST fans, Brent Spiner (Data from TNG) will also be appearing.
  5. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey guys,

I've sent the email along to the contact at Autism Speaks.

I will let you all know when I hear back from her.

PS - Kevin, I don't think I thanked you for your donation... Thanks a million and more!
  6. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Beanie, the Jodo Kast figure is on its way to you in a Priority Mail flat-rate box; let me know if you receive it safely. :)
  7. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    I did receive the figure today. Thanks it will go nicely with the basket. :)
  8. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey,

I've heard back from the contact at Autism Speaks and she sounds really excited about the fact that we are raising money for their organization this year. Here's her response:

Hi, THANKS so much! If you have a flyer or more details on this event I'd be happy to help promote it! I would love to send you informations/materials to display to help provide autism awareness and perhaps myself or another staff person can attend!?? I could give you our special puzzle piece pins for top donors ($10 value). You can send donations to me at the address below.

Again, thank you!!!!!

Should we offer the 4th ticket to her so she can be there with you guys?

Thoughts please...
  9. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Glad to know she's so happy! But if we give the fourth ticket to her, then someone would be passless...
  10. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not necessarily Brian. At the moment, only you, Chris and Jim are planning on working the table all day, both days.

That leaves one ticket.

It's my thought that if we have a rep there from the organization we're raising money for, we just might make more!

Chris... what do you think?
  11. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    But I assumed that you would be using the fourth pass. You're not?
  12. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not this year my friend.... :(
  13. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Awwww. You can't go either of the days?!
  14. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    To answer an old question I have the table banners.

I did ask Aaron if he wanted to go and help out but have not had a response just yet.

Was at the Sheraton Saturday night and stopped in Molly Malones and saw the ballroom/convention area...got excited thinking about SMF.

15. WifeofVader Jedi Knight

star 3
    ... Trying to locate the tickets I know I received and moved while doing some unpacking last week...

Ugh.
  16. DeathProof Jedi Knight

star 1
    I may be able to swing by one of the days with both or one of my kids since their mom works seven days a week and I work Sunday during the day now.

What kind of items are being raffled. I'm not a collector anymore, for some time now, but can donate a Rob Zombie related item,a signed CD case from Ozzfest and I still have that game used Worcester Ice Cats jersey I wanted to raffle off a couple years ago for you guys. Let me know and I can make arrangements to get them to Chris and Jim.

Aaron

17. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Could use some candy for the table. Almost forgot can anyone pick up some for Super Megafest?

by this weekend I should have a list of some items for the basket
  18. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I don't know how powerful our passes are, but now the convention is offering different entry prices for different levels, some having autographed pictures from old SMF guests, some having exclusive seats at Q&A's... hm.
  19. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't think our passes will get you into the concert(s) and autographs that they have offered.

That kind of pricing is at alot of conventions I have gone to over the years.

That way the people that want to go the shows early and get the extras can assure they will get them and so forth.

Can't believe they have James Marsters as the big name here.

I liked him on Buffy alot, but over guys like Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork of the Monkees , Brent Spiner, Ray Park?

Never heard of James Marsters band before have to see if I can hear some of there stuff online somewhere.

Picked up some extra candy fro the table and will be listing some stuff for the basket soon.

If anyone has anything to donate please list it here.

I do have the Jodo Cast figure from Richie so far.

20. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I can bring some candy for the table. They added Vincent Pastore from the Sopranos Saturday only, looking forward to that, although another Star Wars actor would have been better. I have some extra dvd's of some of the prequel movies, does anyone think that would be worth adding to the raffle?
  21. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Anything you have to donate would be greatly appreciated. :)
  22. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Does anyone have "baskets" ? If not where would you recommend we get some?

I have posted a thread on the Northeast Regional Discussion forums.

Also mentioned our efforts on Sandtroopers.com and on Rebelscum.com forums.

I will be posting something up on Star Wars Action News as well.

Any other ideas for this event?
  23. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I can call Star Wars Action News on Skype asking for them to mention us on the podcast again. Just let me know what information I should tell them. Should we do that "Mention Brian or Chris, get a free ticket" thing again?
  24. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes that is good I did post a thead on the SWAN forums but a mention on the podcast would be cool. Have them mention Star Wars Action News forums to us and then they get a free ticket. That way we know where they saw us mentioned.

25. Darth_Beanie Jedi Master

star 2
    Going to need some large computer generated signs for table and for for walking around with telling people what the raffle is fro with raffle ticket prices.

Can anyone help out with this
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.