main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Supernatural] Burden of His Past (One Shot)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by ShiriKeiCelisoe, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Title: Burden of His Past
    Time Frame: After season 5.
    Summary: Twenty-six years after the death of their mother, Dean still feels the sting of the loss.
    Genre: One-shot
    Disclaimer: I do not own Supernatural. I just love writing it. :D It's a little spoilerish if you don't follow the series and short, but it came to mind as I was working on my chapter Supernatural story.

Pale streaks of moonlight shined their way through the curtained hotel room windows. Soft and gentle guitar notes came through the old speakers of the stereo. He sat alone on the old couch that sat in the right hand corner of the room. He looked at his watch. It read 3:30 am. He sighed and shook his head. It was another night that he would not sleep.

He laid back on the couch and looked up at the old ceiling. He knew why he couldn't sleep. It wasn't because of the images of Hell. It was because of what that night meant to him. It was the night that his life was changed forever. He couldn't remember the details. All he could remember was his father putting his baby brother in his arms and telling him to go outside. Not long after that, the house was on fire.

He remembered his father running out of the house and grabbing him and Sam. He grew up without a mother. He was raised a solider. He even raised his little brother. He went into the family business, but not as a mechanic. He had often wondered about what life would have been like if his mother had survived that night. He had often dreamed it, even wished it. But every time, something seemed different or wrong. It was almost like it was meant to happen. The thought alone scared him deep inside his heart. No more tomato rice soup when he got sick. Hey Jude still brings tears to his eyes.

And now, twenty-six years later, he and his brother are the only Winchesters left. He wasn't sure what they are going to do. The Apocalypse is looming over them. There's pressure from everywhere to say yes. He sighed and looked out into the darkness of the room. He could hear Sam's soft snoring. It must be nice to be able to sleep whenever. He chuckled and decided to at least try to sleep. He closed his eyes as a single tear rolled down his cheek.

?I miss you, mom...? He whispered.

2. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= Beautiful fic. Dean only knew his mother for four years, but that's certainly long enough for him to miss her.

3. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Thank you. My brain often comes up with little one shots while I'm trying to write the bigger story. Some of it, I can use. Some of it ends up little stand alones, like this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.