Story [Supernatural] Classic Rock Bin (Sam, Dean) - no iPod, but I can still shuffle(unofficial entry)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by brodiew, Feb 1, 2012.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. brodiew Force Ghost

star 5
    Author Note: I don't have an iPod. But I still wanted to play. Instead, I decided to list the first five songs I heard on my local Classic Rock station. Enjoy!

Dancing in the Moonlight

It was a warm Fall night in Lawrence, Kansas; the kind of night that brought families out into the yard to catch the last breath of Summer. John Winchester held his son, Sam, tightly in his arms as he sat in a chair on their small patio. He talked to the baby, all the while making silly faces, hoping for the satisfaction a smile would bring.

Dusk leaned toward night, but John could clearly see his wife and other son, Dean, dancing in back yard. Mother and son held each other's arms and leaned slightly away as they laughed, spinning carelessly in a circle. It was idyllic; what family was supposed to be.

No one noticed the pair of glowing yellow eyes staring at them through the laundry room window.

Blinded by the Light

The cemetery was like many they had visited as children; run down and virtually abandoned. There were no fresh flowers on any graves and the grass grew untamed.

Sam heard a noise in the trees and turned his light in its direction.

"Would you mind pointing that thing somewhere else," said Dean, raising a hand to block his eyes from the direct beam of a Maglite.

"Oh!" replied Sam, apologetically; turning the flashlight to the ground. "Yeah. Sorry."

"I realize you're a little out of practice, but come on," Dean said.

"Give it a rest, Dean," Sam sighed wearily. "Let's just get this done."

"Seein' as how you're so eager, I'm happy to give you first dibs." Dean tossed the shovel to his brother, folded his arms, and planted himself on the headstone.

Rambling Man

On most days, Dean didn't mind the motels, the bars, and the one night hook ups. On most days, his life was an adolescent fantasy. He killed monsters, saved lives, and got the girl. But most days weren't today. He was tired. Not just in his bones, but in his soul. Today, he hadn't been able to save the innocents. Today, people died. Kids died.

Sitting in the end of a soft motel bed, he stared at red shag carpet.

"I want to go home," he said.

"I can't argue with that," Sam replied wearily. "Bobby's would be the perfect place to recuperate."

Dean shook his head. "Not Bobby's. Home."

Sam raised his eyes in surprise, but had no energy to challenge the logic of the comment.

"Okay," Sam replied flatly.

"'Okay'. That's all you got? Aren't you going to ask me why?"

"I think it's obvious," Sam said. "I'm just not sure what you expect to find."

"Let's just say I'm going to my happy place. Literally."

Fame

When Chuck called and invited them to another 'Supernatural' event, the Winchesters politely declined. Given how the last one turned out, staying away only made sense.

"Come on, Guys," Chuck pleaded. "This one is supposed to be twice as big. We actually have a sponsor."

"This is supposed to encourage us?" Dean quipped.

"It was creepy enough the last time," Sam added. "I'm not just referring to homicidal ghost kids."

"On second thought, how did you get a sponsor?" Dean asked. "Having people die at your little show would be a pretty strong deterrent don't you think?"

"True," the prophet replied, conceding the point. "But, the sponsor is a private citizen. An anonymous benefactor if you will. He wasn't concerned with the unfortunate business at the last convention."

"Are you kidding me?" Dean barked in disbelief. "Who is the guy?"

"I said he was anonymous," Chuck answered, nervously. "What's the problem?"

"It sounds like a set up, Chuck," Sam said. "Did this guy ask you to invite us?"

"No," Chuck declared. "Forget about him. I have an offer you won't be able to refuse."

"Give it your best shot, Bathrobe Boy," Dean jabbed.

"The Ghostfacers have already signed on."

Down on the Corner, Out in the Street

Dean stared wide-eyed at the shot gun blast just t imbedded in the car door next to him. Taking advantage of the
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    These are great!! I liked the Winchester boys :)
  3. karebear214 Force Ghost

star 4
    Great job! The classic rock is a huge part of why I love this show! The boys, of course, being the other part, and you've really portrayed all that delicious drama very nicely in a small number of words
  4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    And that is a GREAT way to participate in the challenge. =D=

I have never really watched this show, so I'm afraid that I don't have anything truly constructive for you - just that you hit a wide range of emotions rather seamlessly with your writing - again. I particularly liked the guilt of 'who I couldn't save', and the humor in the last one. :p

Well done, as always! It is always good to see some new fic from you! [:D]

~MJ @};-
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl