main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Supernatural] Crystal Visions -50 Sentences Challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by TheMacUnleashed, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Author: TheMacUnleashed
    Title: This part: Know that I'm Proud
    Warnings: SPOILERS for all of S5
    Summary:50 snapshots of Dean as he battles the apocalypse and deals with a changing relationship with Cas.
    Characters: Dean, Cas -implied Dean/Cas, but could be read as gen.
    A/n: This is my 50 sentences thread -it's just SPN for now, but I'll change the header to "multifandom" if that becomes the case. :D

[b]01. Verse[/b]

Dean used to think that poetry was all "Roses are red" crap, but Castiel has taken to intoning verses and snippets from Paradise Lost to him, and yeah, he doesn't always understand it, but he appreciates the medium a lot more that he used to.

[b]02. Visualize[/b]

He remembers watching a movie in which positive thinking was supposed to keep a bridge from falling, and he likes to imagine that maybe he can do the same for Cas; maybe thinking that he'll be there when Dean needs him can keep him from falling into his 2014 self.

[b]03. Vocalize[/b]

Sometimes things go unsaid, but they both know what they are, so it's okay.

[b]04. Veil[/b]

Cas still hides whatever he's thinking behind that stoic, head-tilt of a veil, but Dean's gotten a lot better at knowing what he's keeping to himself.

[b]05. Victim[/b]

Sam, Cas, Bobby, Lisa, Ben -there's no way in Heaven or Hell he's letting the Apocalypse claim any other lives.

[b]06. Volunteer[/b]

"It's charitable," says Castiel simply as he ladles out soup, and Dean rolls his eyes; he's never received a paycheck for hunting, but it wasn't like he had any other plans tonight, so he just grins and bears it.

[b]07. Vicissitude[/b]

Relationships change when the world is about to end, and maybe that's for the better.

[b]08. Vocabulary[/b]

"Whilom demons would never dare affraye, but agon are those times," Castiel says thoughtfully, and Dean just stares.

[b]09. Vociferous[/b]

He ignores Castiel's pointed glare and bangs out Moby Dick in time with John Bonham on the Impala's steering wheel.

[b]10. Vitrine[/b]

There's glass and blood everywhere, but Castiel just stands up and keeps on going until the demon has been exorcised.

11. Veteran[/b]

Heaven has fought more wars than this, Dean knows, but the way Cas goes about everything with a frighteningly cold sort of professionalism never ceases to amaze him.

[b]12. Vestige[/b]

Cas says something, and before Dean knows it, he's laughing, and he didn't even know that he could still do that.

[b]13. Value[/b]

If the world ends, it'll lose a lot of nice stuff, but even though Dean isn't one for crappy Hallmark-esque inspirational quotes, he knows that he'd rather burn the shirt off of his back than give up Sam, or Castiel, or Bobby.

[b]14. Visor[/b]

"I was told it would be sunny," Castiel replies, irritated, as Dean snorts at the angel, in his usual trench coat and tie, but with a visor perched upon his head.

[b]15. Volt[/b]

Love is supposed to be electrifying, but he knows that it's impossible to measure what he feels.

[b]16. Vogue[/b]

"You are sick, Dean; and sick people read magazines;" he sort of appreciates the gesture, even if all the store had was fashion magazines.

[b]17. Veneer[/b]

Dean wonders what Castiel's true form looks like, but he remembers what happens to Pamela, and he doesn't want to know what he's covering up.

[b]18. Vanity[/b]

The one good thing about the apocalypse is that he no longer feels pressured to go out and look damned great; now, he does it because the world could end any day, and he wants to go out in style.

[b]19. Vanilla[/b]

"It is far superior to chocolate," insists Castiel, licking the vanilla ice-cream cone; Dean rolls his eyes and takes a slurp out of his half-melted double-fudge with sprinkles.

[b]20. Villain[/b]

It used to be clear cut and simple -monsters bad, people good- but when Angels get involved and make his brother the villain, well, nothing's what it used to be.

[b]21. Visit[/b]

As Castiel's search for God progresses with increasing frenzy, he doesn't stop in as much as he used to.

[b]22. View[/b]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "You are sick, Dean; and sick people read magazines;" he sort of appreciates the gesture, even if all the store had was fashion magazines.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

These were very good, and very moving. I've never seen Supernatural, but this makes me want to!! :D

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! These were lovely! Very sweeping, very epic. [face_love]

I'll admit that I know next to nothing about Supernatural, but there sure were an incentive to learn more. I'm finding that that's the case with many of the replies to this challenge.

If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Verse and Vice. I adored the irony of Milton's verses being used when one has a tangible appreciation for it; and Vice was a nice compare and contrast sort of role reversal. [face_thinking]

Very well done! =D=

~MJ @};-

4. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    NYCitygurl: Thank you! :D SPN, at its best, is really good -I'd encourage you to rent the DVDs, if you can.

Mira_Jade: Thanks for commenting! I was actually introduced to SPN through fanfiction, oddly enough -some of my favorite authors had turned to the fandom, and I was curious enough to rent and watch it. :p Actually, it's been that way for almost all of my fandoms besides Star Wars.

I'm glad you liked the contrast in "Vice;" that's definitely what I was going for.

5. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    16. Vogue

19. Vanilla

"It is far superior to chocolate," insists Castiel, licking the vanilla ice-cream cone; Dean rolls his eyes and takes a slurp out of his half-melted double-fudge with sprinkles.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

If I had to pick some for my favorites, it would have to Vindicate, Variable & Vendetta.

Great Job with them all!!

6. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Kailene: Thank you! "Vanilla" was probably my favorite sentence to write. As soon as I saw the prompt, I knew what I wanted to do. I'm glad you liked it! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.