main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Supernatural] I Asked An Angel If I Could Fly [one-shot]

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Helen_Taft, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    Title: I Asked An Angel If I Could Fly
    Characters: Dean, Sam, OFC and Bobby
    Spoilers: Very vague for S2?s ?All Hell Breaks Loose? and some general ones for Sam in the new season (S3).
    Summary: A new case forces Sam to look closely at what he is turning into.
    Disclaimer: It?s just fanfic. All characters and premise belong to people who aren?t me. No infringement is intended and no profit made.

Notes:
    (1) The title is from a song by Breed77.
    (2) This is an older fic and one of only a few I wrote for SPN. I hope you enjoy it.

~

?What the hell is going on?? Sam said incredulously. There was a stitch ceasing his side and his lungs burned as he tried to get his breath back after racing up twelve flights of stairs. ?Look at them, Dean. They?ve gone nuts.?

??Freakin? demons are on crack if you ask me,? gasped Dean, bent double with his hands on his knees while he too tried to catch his breath. Peering over the edge of the asphalt, he shook his head in disbelief at the bizarre scene playing out in the sunlit street below. ?Something?s sure got ?em juiced.?

?Sh?yeah. You?re not kidding,? said Sam, worried. ?It?s broad daylight?if anyone saw them just step off this roof and plummet six storeys without so much as a scratch??

?Then World Weekly News will have an all new exclusive,? interrupted Dean, straightening up, ??cause we both know no will else will print it, or believe it.?

Sam was forced to concede he had a point, but couldn?t resist saying, ?It?s Weekly World News.?

?Whatever.?

Unable to reach their quarry, they could only stare down at the otherwise empty side-street below, watching as the pair of demons they?d been tracking tore every car and dumpster apart with their bare hands. The scariest thing was that they seemed oblivious of the damage they were doing to the bodies they were possessing; not to mention the possibility of Joe Public spotting them. Standing far above on the flat roof of an apartment building, Sam was completely clueless as to what was going on.

Damn it!

Personally, Sam hated supernatural mysteries?they slowed things up (and if he was going to save Dean, he didn?t have time to spare) and people had a tendency of dying on him before he figured it all out; hence why he was worried. ?I don?t get it. Are they searching for something??

?Who the hell cares what they?re doing?? Grabbing Sam?s arm, Dean pulled him away from the edge. ?C?mon, we gotta get back down there. If we?re lucky Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will still be around so we can waste ?em.?

Racing back down a dozen flights of stairs was no more fun than pelting up them, and a lot more dangerous when done at speed. Sam leaped the last few stairs, landing with a heavy thud on the spotlessly tiled floor of the foyer. Dean was right behind him and together they flew through a door marked ?Private: Tenants And Staff Only'. Lucky for them it was also a fire door and so left unlocked.

Beyond it was a communal laundry room. Washers and dryers lined the walls and all except one was silent. Sprinting past the bald, spectacled tenant staring owlishly at them over his freshly laundered y-fronts, Sam gave the guy what he hoped was a reassuring grin to go with Dean?s fleeting thumbs-up.

After the laundry room was the utility room. At the far end was a pair of partially glazed double doors through which the midday sun was blazing. Straining to hear over his own panting breaths, Sam couldn?t hear any bangs and crashes coming from outside. His heart sank with the possibility that they were too late and the demons had gone.

Probably thinking the same, Dean picked up speed and surged ahead of him, bursting through the doors into the street beyond with his Colt already drawn. On his heels, Sam pulled out his Taurus and followed. Blinded by too bright sunlight, it was Dean?s explosive curse that told first told Sam they had indeed got there too late.

Still cursing, Dean turned in a circle, triple checking that the demons had definitely vanished.

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    First off: Normal, IL! [face_laugh] I've been in that area - I'm not surprised demons showed up. :p

Dialogue between Sam and Dean was perfect. I loved the little details as well - Dean referring to Maggie as Whoopi and blasting Ozzy in the car. And you had me scared for a second - I thought Bobby was really dead.

Hope to see more SPN from you!

3. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    Thanks for the reply and saving my blushes JadeSolo:D

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the story. I hope I didn't differ from the locale you know too much. As much as I'd adore to, I've not yet had the chance to visit the US, never mind the location I set the fic. It's all guesswork I'm afraid.[face_blush]

I've only written two fics for SPN, and unfortunately I'd have to delete 90% of the other one to make it fit for posting here (The title, 'How Sam Loves A Woman' pretty much acts as a summary too *g*). If I write any more though I'll be sure to post them here.

Thanks again!@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.