main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supernatural: New Episode Tonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by SlytherinHouse, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-10PM The CW, TV-14

Supernatural

"This 100th episode of the spookfest features a lot of heavy-duty stuff that it would be a sin, or at least a bit naughty, to reveal. But it's no spoiler to say the show is stolen by Kurt Fuller's angel Zachariah ? a boozy traveling-salesman type who just wants a little respect, and to make blood pour out of people's mouths. B"

2. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Wow.

Castiel was absolutely amazing, and the ending? Perfect! That's what I've been wanting to see from Dean.

Adam coming back was somewhat of a surprise. I was hoping for John, but they managed to play his part well. It's interesting seeing the real Adam, as compared to who the goblins portrayed him as.

Still hoping for a reappearance from Father Winchester, though.

I wonder if Cas is okay, or if the sigil would have killed him/sent him back to Heaven again... I hope not... [face_worried]

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Close
    Supernatural

Episode: Hammer of the Gods (NEW)

"Sam and Dean are kidnapped by a group of gods and held hostage as bargaining chips to stop the apocalypse."

9:00 - 10:00 PM CW

4. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Wow... Just wow... I'm sadden and upset about dear old Gabriel. I really wasn't expecting that to happen. Well, actually, I was, just not like that. :(

5. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I know. :( He was one of my favorite characters, and while I suppose I didn't expect him to make it out, it's still a bit depressing.

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Supernatural

Episode: The Devil You Know (NEW)

The demon Crowley promises to help Dean and Sam find the remaining Horseman rings so they can trap Lucifer.

* NEW

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    We're down to the final few episodes of the five-year plan, huh. And what a ride. They're really whittling down the supporting cast quickly, aren't they? Almost as if they're trying to get it back to just Sam and Dean for year 6, huh? Who wants to bet Cas dies locking Lucifer back up (or gets locked in the prison with him), and Bobby gets to nobly sacrifice himself as well?

8. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I could see that happening, although I hope not. From the start, they've had at least a few recurring characters. Can't deny that they've been upping the death toll recently, though.

Gabriel. :( One of my favorites.

9. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Y'know, the next two episodes better be really intense. So far Season 5, the one about the apocalypse, fer cryin' out loud, has been the least intense season of them all, with the least intense buildup to its conclusion. Less badassery, less desperation, less of that all-out last-ditch feeling, even less humor. I can't help but feel like they've really fumbled a bit this season, with too many standalones that detracted from what should have been a huge story, and the big story episodes mostly being not as satisfying as they could have been.

10. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I just feel there rushing it. It's the apocalypse for crying out loud, for only 22 episodes, and even some of them are stand alone episodes just isn't enough time for them to cover all the ground.

I also worry about next season. The apocalypse are the highest stakes, can't really top that intensity wise.

11. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Yeah, I agree. The standalone episodes haven't been bad (or at least the ones I've seen; I've only been watching regularly since January) but it's surprising that we've seen so few apocalypse episodes. I thought that they might carry the arc into the sixth season, but I guess not.

I just hope that they manage to not jump the shark in the next season.

12. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    Tonight is it, guys. We get to see who wins in the fight. It's been a long season. We've had a lot of hellatuses. So, get some popcorn and relax.

[face_cowboy]

13. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I wonder if it'll be a two-parter (I'm thinking no, since it was unsure from the start if there would be a sixth season, but it seems hard to wrap up the Apocalypse in 40 minutes.)

Regardless... this will be awesome. :D

14. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm kind of disappointed. I'm okay that they went for an elegiac rather than epic tone, I'm glad the Impala got the spotlight, but on the whole it just felt too easy and too small. Kind of like the season as a whole. There's an apocalypse on, and it's all happening off camera except for a little rain? Pfft.

I don't like the way they've cheapened death so much. I thought it was way too easy for Sam to take back control and keep it. And I thought the little twist at the end should not have been there.

I didn't hate the episode, but it didn't, for me, hit the emotional high note it was shooting for, nor did it achieve the epic white-knuckle levels of previous season finales in the show.

15. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I enjoyed the episode. It wasn't the best, but it could have been so much worse.

Pros:
    -The Impala getting the spotlight. She's the third star of the show, and it's about time.
    -Chuck's narration -"...and the fans will always bitch about it..." let's face it, he has a point. SPN has some of the most hardcore fans I've found, and often they can be just as selective about what elements they like, and what they don't.
    -Castiel, being unable to lie.
    -The "Wayward Son" montage in the beginning.

Cons:
    -The flashbacks felt way too drawn out. I shouldn't be able to have a conversation with my sister about how the flashbacks are too long during the actual flashbacks.
    -Castiel's exit. I hope that Misha is signed on for S6, because that seemed astonishingly anti-climatic for his character.

And, Mastadge, if you're referring to the twist that I think you are, then I partially agree. Chuck as God? That's... odd. Still, it was unexpected, and I think that something like that was necessary to add a bit of a flair to the end -while the final shot of Sam watching Lisa and Dean was well-done, we knew it was going to happen. There wouldn't be a sixth season without Sam.

16. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I wasn't referring to Chuck as God. I'm not sure I buy that explanation, but we'll see if they do anything with it next season. I was referring to Sam beneath the light. I think the season should have ended with Sam gone, presumably locked up forever, and Dean beginning/trying to get on with his life. Cap it as if it was the end of the series, as was intended. They could open next season with Sam showing up, but they should have let this season end without a cliffhanger.

17. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I didn't perceive that as too much of a twist. I mean, the streetlight going out might signify Lucifer having returned, or some form of demon!Sam, but as I said before, we knew that he would be back at some point. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a sixth season.

Actually, I think that the whole reason that the scene was stuck in there was because of the sixth season. Otherwise, this would have worked perfectly well as a grand finale, and I think that the producers wanted to show that yes, there is something to come back to for next season.

18. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
  19. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I love the finale. It was a lifetime of love within the car that allowed Sam to take control. Lucifer is all about "I loved God too much..." Love is Sam and Dean. It's sacrifice, it's duty, it's synergistic. Lucifer has never know that. I think that was the message of the finale. In a way, the car is part of that as well. The question is will Sam be able to leave Dean alone?? How did he get out and did he bring L back with him? Did Sam teach L anything about true love?

20. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
  21. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Interesting news, but time will tell. At the moment I still think that S5 would have ended perfectly if Cas & Bobby has stayed dead and Dean moved on to "retired" with his new family. I would have ended so perfectly like that. I'll keep watching, but I jut hope the show doesn't end up like The X-Files, going 3 years too long ...

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    9-10PM | The CW
    Supernatural

"Grandpa Samuel (The X-Files' Mitch Pileggi) is alive! No attempted apocalypse can keep Skinner down."

23. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001

9-10PM | THE CW
    Supernatural

Sam and Dean come across a shape-shifter who wants to kidnap a baby.

24. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Supernatural

Episode: You Can't Handle the Truth (NEW)

"Sam and Dean investigate a rash of suicides and discover that someone is invoking the Goddess of Truth to drive the victims crazy."

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Supernatural

Episode: Family Matters (NEW)

Dean is suspicious of Samuel's (Mitch Pileggi) motives; a hunting trip goes horribly awry.