main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [ Supernatural ] Unbroken

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Kailene, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Author: Kailene

Title: Unbroken

Characters: Dean, Bobby, Sam

A/N: So...I have a new obsession, Supernatural, which I have to send big [:D] out to Ceillean for introducing me to. Aahhh, those Winchester boys [face_love]. Anyway, I decided to take a step away from my usual SW Jag & Jaina stories and try my hand at Supernatural.

This takes place after 6.11, Appointment in Samarra. It started out as a short, simple one-shot, me needing some brotherly love between the boys, because as we all know, it's long overdue. Well, it kinda got away from me :p and this will end up being two maybe three chapters.

A/N2: I own nothing. Supernatural and, unfortunely, Sam & Dean belong to Eric Kripke

Dean?s eyes snapped open, his hand already gripped tightly around the hilt of the knife that he kept underneath his pillow. Despite his brief yet exhausted sleep, well-honed hunter?s instincts had alerted him that something was wrong. His mind and body instantly awake, he held himself perfectly still in the darkened bedroom, eyes scanning the periphery of his vision for any movement, any shadow out of place.

Every fiber of his being was screaming at him to take action, to move now before it was too late. He took a deep, steadying, quiet breath, slowing the rush of adrenaline coursing through him that was very quickly increasing tenfold by every passing second.

The Salvage Yard was protected by every ward, sigil, devils trap and anything else they could think of to keep just about any being out. Except maybe for those blasted rogue Angels. But Dean knew that even that wasn?t the case.

No, it wasn?t that something was wrong that had woken him, he realized with sudden clarity.

It was that something was missing.

The old house was about the closest thing they had that the two of them thought of as a home. He knew every creak and groan that it made. It was the absence of one noise in particular that stopped him cold. That one missing sound had woken him from a dead sleep.

A lifetime of sharing rooms had made it a normal, expected part of everyday life. Dean would never admit just how hard it had been to adjust to the silence during Sam?s stint at college; or that even the whiskey that had gotten him through the days and having Lisa tucked by his side at night hadn?t been nearly enough to fill that void, or ease the horror of his nightmares while his little brother had been trapped in The Cage.

The simple sound of hearing your brother?s deep, even breath while sleeping nearby gave each of them a sense of security and safety from the chaos that was their lives.

And that sound was suddenly missing.

Dean?s over-protective-big-brother-mother-hen mode, which had already been working in overdrive this last week, kicked up a notch. ?Sam?? He sat up quickly, swinging his legs out of bed and sitting up all in one motion, head swiveling around in the dim room looking for signs of where his absent brother could be.

He looked across the room, even though he already knew what he would find. Or wouldn?t find in this case. Sam?s bed was empty, blankets tossed carelessly in a heap to one side. ?Okay Dean, you?re being ridiculous. Over reacting. It?s 3am, where could he have gone? He?s probably just in the bathroom.?

His frown and worry only deepened when he glanced out the bedroom door and took in the darkened and silent bathroom across the hall. Willing down the rising dread at what he knew he would see, his gaze slid to the chair in the corner of the small bedroom that they had shared since childhood. His little brother?s jeans and hoodie were gone. Boots that had been discarded hours earlier were no longer there.

Dean cursed vehemently to himself. Where could he have gone? He growled low in his throat, running a hand roughly through his short hair. ?What am I thinking? This is freakin? Sam where talking about. God only knows what?s going on in that ginormous brain of his. He could be an

2. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I've been meaning to read this all week -I'm glad that I finally got a chance, because I really enjoyed it. :D

You captured Dean's worry and over-protectiveness of Sam perfectly. He's always the older brother, no matter what. Besides that, I loved the bantering between Dean and Bobby. It flowed easily, and sounded quite natural.

I'm very intrigued by this -where's Sam going? Has the Wall broken? I hope you update soon. [face_peace]

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    ?His body was wandering around for over a year without him, Bobby,? he said, continuing his rant. ?You know as well as I do that we can tell him till we?re blue in the face that he?s not responsible for anything that happened while he was soulless but he?s still gonna turn every little stone over in his mind and blame himself. Beating himself up for every little thing that happened. I can?t let him do that. I won?t let him do that.?

I think this was my favorite part. Because it's soooooooooooooo true. So very typical Sam.

I loved how Dean is so over protective. Who knows, maybe eventually he'll realize that he doesn't have to be that way with Sam.
    And you had Bobby down pat. [face_laugh]

Isn't idjit just an awesome word?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.