main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Supernova 2006

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    It was without a doubt the most fantastic weekend ever. I don't know when I've ever had so much fun, or had so many pictures taken.

I'm afraid I didn't get Summer's Autograph, but she did LOVE my jacket (yay!). I had many people admiring my jacket, and an offer to buy it off me ^_^ I also got a photo with Richard Taylor, and got to talk to him! woot! That was incredibly exciting!

Sunday I think was one of the best days. Dressing as PRincess Leia, I have never had so many people take my phto. Especially when posing with members of Novus Ordo, one person would take a photo, and then all these other people would. At one stage there was a group of us: Darth Vader, Boba and Jango Fett, Anakin and I, and we were seriously standing there for about 10-15 mins with all these people taking photos of us, there were so many flashes, it was incredible! I loved every minute of it!

And now back to real life ~sigh~ :p

2. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Seconded [face_laugh]

And heck yes Chaelly, it was a pretty good weekend - It was certainly a pleasure to meet the few of you I hadn't met before - I'm still trying to make forumname-irlface connections, but I'll get there ;) hah

I wish I had an interoscetor(sp?) :eek: the General Lee was pretty cool lookin, although insanely orange - and my sources tell me (*cough*Chael!*cough*) that a certain jedi was somewhat attractive [face_thinking]. I did so want a thundercats shirt though :(

And getting a photo with Richard Taylor was groovy =D As was getting a photo with that nightelf xD lol Those bumblebees were infuriating though... and Boss Beat should be incinerated :mad: That film made me want to cry [face_worried]

But all in all it was a great weekend :D
    If I didn't have to go to an exam veeeeeery soon, I'd probably be sleeping :p hah
    As the chicky at Novus Ordo said, it's not a convention if you sleep! ;)

(speaking of Novus Ordo, whilst walking home today I saw a truck with a big "Novus" on the side ;P heh)

3. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Goob's Tidbits:

Friday night: Matrix owned! Nobody costumed as good as us. We saw a bit of a Fan Film called Reign of the Fallen, and it looked awesome!

Saturday: Summer is as hawt as she is a nice person. She was genuinely emotional at the level of respect and appreciation of her work, and enjoyed telling us about things she has seemingly told people at other cons. The WETA stand was awesome. Those Superman things were the MASTER COPIES of the limited edition run. I hope to win them! (The winner gets #1 of 1500 of them) But the winner won't be drawn until after they display at Wellington and San Diego the next few weeks.
    The Allosaur head the size of a car was awesome. Richard Taylor's segment was great, good stories, great "showcase" video.
    The cosplays weren't too bad, although a little too Anime heavy but that's to be expected I guess.
    Oh and Summer noticed us standing there in costume (As M_S has said with some exaggeration) and really seemed plesantly surprised to see that a whole group of people were custumed in FireFly stuff together. The "we need a River" line made her laugh, and kudos to LC (and IC) for the work on the Kaylee jacket that Summer complimented her on.

Bruce Spence was interesting! God to be able to ask him a question and have him respond to all of them very thoughtfully.

Saturday night, apart from the waiting, sitting a row or so BEHIND SUMMER for the Serenity screening was awesome. That was a great night, the singing made it fun too. :D

Sunday: Despite both LC and I asking Summer questions (she talked to me for a few minutes!! wOOt!), the Saturday Q&A with her was better. She spent virtually ALL her time there just signing stuff! I hope she did get some time to shop and stuff.
    The Star Wars costumes were great, and there was a fantastic Zombie costume there. Lots more dressed up iirc on the Sunday. Good to bump into Fampa in her armour, and omg you have a trading card!!
    Maybe they will have a costuming comp next year IC? There were a few great costumes but a lot of average ones, but the important thing was that there were a lot of people getting so involved in it.

4. Fampa

Fampa Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    I think someone was looking for a photo...

[image=http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/974/novasunday037large0vn.jpg]

It looks alot better when you click on it...trust me.

5. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Thank you Fampa! That's fantastic! And it was really nice to finally meet you!

6. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    They are awesome costumes :D Great work!

7. Jamesolo

Jamesolo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    Walking back to a friends apartment in the valley around 10ish on Sunday night. I crossed paths with Miss Glau and the fat dude from supernova. Summer is really just an amazingly elegant woman! I told her I was with the people who dressed up as the crew. Yes, she did remember and told her I was dressed as the guy who the reevers killed, which she thought was rather amusing. I spent 5 minutes talking with her, about herself, her time in Australia and serenity oh and...working my charm ;) . It really was just an amazing experience I never would have dreamt happening to me.

8. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    This isn't anger. It's envy.

Dang you James. Good on you James.

9. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    You bastard. :p

10. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    MS will have you for tunin' his best girl James...[face_mischief]

But seriously, way to go!

Did she have any bodyguards by the way?

11. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
  12. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    James, I am jealous as HELL!!

13. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
  14. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    For the last time...Those Damn Bees!

I actually found the website of one of the bees. According to her blog, they got a lot of criticism on the day. Gives me some hope that Good Taste still lives.

Of course, that coffin will get nailed shut with Snakes on a ************* Plane!

Supanova was fun. Thank God it's only once a year though ;p. I'll leave it in Goobs capable hands to get the photos out that I took amongst the others.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. MarvinTheMartian

Mar 31, 2002
    By the way, the browncoat was great...I wore it during the serneity screening. Damm hot though. I bet they kept those independents warm during cold nights

16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I think I beat you all in some ways....for sheer embarrasement that is..

As I predicted, a kid came up to me at school today (very excited) and went....

S: "Miss, were you at Supernova...?"
    M: "Yesssssss?" (*Oh God, Oh God we're all gonna die!)
    S: I thought I saw you there
    M: Uh huuuuhhhh... (*Not as Inara...not that'd mind much...just I don't want to cement my rep as a complete nerd teacher*)
    S: Yeah, you were watching Bruce Spence
    M: (*internal sigh*) "Cool in my fruity Oaty-Bars t-shirt!" (*Wait! She knows who Bruce Spence is!*)
    S: Yeah.......
    M: (*Damn, I said that aloud didn't I....*)
    *Awkward silence*
    M:"Hmmm....I'd better get a key for this room"

{M= me and S= student - just, you know, in case you hadn't worked it out)

Kithera

17. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I actually found the website of one of the bees. According to her blog, they got a lot of criticism on the day.

Woo! :p

Come on, Cain, hurry up with those pictures.... *Is impatient*

18. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Cain?

Just waiting on the photos from the guy associated with the Novus Star Wars group. He got a lot of the Matrix and FireFly costumes. All other pics from attendees have been compiled and I am in the process of making the CD (possibly 2!).

19. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    ~drools in anticipation~
    Bring on the photos =)

actually, that reminds me - Very small world it is.
    My ex (who was not present at Supanova) is actually good friends with the guy who cosplayed Where's Wally :eek: So I had a nice little chat to him about art techniques and stuff last night.

Here's his gall'ry with this year's Supanova pics - our matrix group is in there somewhere ;)

http://www.randomsin.com/Supanova06.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.