1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:QLD Supernova 2006

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    So who's going when?

Is there a big dinner on or anything that people are going to?

2. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will be going to both days, because it seems to be a good excuse to get out of work for the weekend
  3. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Correction, my dear - I have your ticket - it just arrived in the mail. :eek: Very quick delivery ;) So now you need to remunerate me for teh purchasing of zhe ticketses o_O
  4. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    woohoo! I'll shall reimburse you next time I see you mi dear! Yay! And there was much rejoicing. ~waves flag~

I'm going to be there all weekend, if you buy the weekend pass you get to go to the firday night too, though I'm not sure what the deal is with the friday. But it would be nice to work out what fandom we want to do on what day
  5. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    Alrighties so I jsut checked the website. And they have a competition thingy that I thought we might want to enter. You can enter as a group, so I was thinking. We could enter as a firefly group on one day, and as Star Wars group the other. I don't think you have to have a skit, but you can if you want. I reckon it would be fun! Who's up for it?
  6. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    Shiny! I could stand to hear some more.
  7. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Knight

star 3
    SO did LC, GF or SOMEONE get my SN ticket?
  8. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    If Chaelly girl had mentioned it I could have arranged your ticket when she made me purchase hers...
  9. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    Getting it Monday.

I guess this means IC hasn't been blown away to OZ in one of these few dozen Tornadoes the southern US has been getting this month.
  10. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm presuming you guys are talking about weekend tickets yeah? There'll be day ones at the door won't there?
  11. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe so.

Hey Casual, is that Shirt Shop in Noosa Junction open on weekends?
  12. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    So I figure, seeing as how the Special Screening of Serenity is on on the Sat night (I did a separate post for this) perhaps we should do Serenity/Firefly costumes on the Sat, and Star Wars on the Sunday? What do people think?
  14. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    To the weekend pass people, what are you guys doing in the way of cosplaying on the Friday night? I myself am lacking in ideas...
  15. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    So what days are we all going? I can only go for one, so I'll need to know soon, so I can tell work and buy tickets.

Also for the T-Shirt
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/murder_sandwhich/AdamaGuevaracopy.jpg]

Opinions?
  16. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    CosPlay... //shudders.

Generic maid outfits are always good. ;) Seems to be the latest trend here for the CosPlayers - You could be on the fashion cusp!!! :eek:
  17. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    Neech, I believe that is called lolita, or if it's black, gothic lolita!
  18. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe... I don't pay that much attention. I just know that a new Maid Cafe has opened up near where I live.

Junken Otaku (Paper, Rock, Scissors Geek) Heaven!!!
  19. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Can weekend passes still be purchased for this? I'm running behind, i know, but I've been busy.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  21. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    AGH! WTF!? The colours on my laptop must be different to the ones on my laptop, because I couldnt see the huge change in colour around adamas head.

Any thoughts on it? Any? [face_worried]
  22. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    How many people will be able to tell it's Adama? I didn't work it out until you said it just now... then again, maybe I'm thicker than 2 short planks.

It's definitely a cool idea for a shirt but it might be lost on people (and I gather that if you're putting it on a shirt, you want people to stop and say 'that's a great shirt, where'd you get it... dude!')
  23. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    So if it is FireFly Saturday and Star Wars Sunday, I guess Trinity V Agent might happen on the Friday night... Fundage means I'll be doing one costume only. But customised T-Shirts the other times. So I might be doing my Agent thing again, or something else... bah! Any group ideas for the cosplay Friday, since FireFly is Saturday?
    I'd love there to be a squadron of Viper Pilots, but thems' fracking hard costumes to make!
  24. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    OKay I'm going to ask.

Someone want to explain what Cosplay is?

( some days I just don't think I'm up to the same geek standard as the rest of you :) )
  25. Grieyls FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 6
    Dressing up in Costume of some character from any pop culture related video game, Anime, Movie or whatever and acting it out in public. That is it in a jist, though what's it doing in there I don't know :p :D

Ahem.... There is a group in Brisbane that do it on a regular basis. You can find an advert for them at Ace Comics on the Mall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.