1. Welcome, Guest

All the best for the Holiday Season!

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (20th-22nd April), Gold Coast (27th-29th April)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (9th-10th June), Brisbane (22nd-23rd September), Sydney (29th-30th September)

FF:QLD Supernova 2006

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeecH Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it was started in Japan by teenage girls as a way of getting attention because they weren't considered to be as attractive as some of their schoolmates.

It's kinda like Goths in Brisbane, I guess but now it is hugely popular at Game shows, Comic and Sci-Fi cons all over the world.
  2. Grieyls Jedi Knight

star 6
    Check with Geek HQ, it is one step closer to world domination. [face_mischief]
  3. Last_Chael Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was just talking to Tim about the Viper pilots last night. They're definately very hard to do, so I'm thinking that might be a project for next year!
  4. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    IC, Magnus and I have our tickets.

Now to get the friday off of work...
  5. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I still don't have a costume to wear for any of this....*sigh*

Kithera
  6. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks for the ticket Goob, you're a prince.

I'm gonna need a new gun holster...

Is there a program/schedule for the weekend yet? or are we flailing about blindly still?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  7. Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Kit, my padme costume'd probably fit you maybe a little big now) if you really want to go all out. I dunno when I'll get there over the weekend so it's yours if you want it. But Firefly generic is always easy, and it was easy doing Zoe, with the brwon pants and shirt and leather strip around your neck.

Or that nice asianish crossover shirt you've got kinda looks almost firefly verse anyhoo!
  8. Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I just re-read that last post to Kit.. I mean the costume might be a bit too big for you, seeing as you're a skinny cow, not that you're too big for it.

*hopes Kit didn't read it the other way and has crossed me off HER Christmas card list*
  9. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I understood Kahlan :D No need to fret.

Looks like I'll be coming on the Saturday, so I think that's a Firefly costume for me. Of course, it means I have to actually get the time of work first!

You can buy tickets at the door right?

Kithera
  10. Last_Chael Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yup you can buy tickets at the door!

Yeah, just making sure that we're all on the same page, Saturday is Firefly/Serenity day (mainly due to the fact that I think ost of us will go to the movie afterwards) and Sunday is Star Wars day. Just so we all match well and stuff. But then of course there are those people who are doing more than 3 costumes :p hehehe

From what I understand, those going on Friday night, it's a little anything goes. I'm doing Alias, I believe IC and Goobs are doing MAtrix, dunno what everyone else is doing.

Anywho, that was just what I thought, but I'm not dictating what people wear, just trying to get organised ^_^
  11. Fampa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just a reminder to those with younglings (ie under 12s who are free entry) that we are running a star wars costuming comp on the sunday afternoon at the conclusion of the cosplay. It's a $5 registration fee with all proceeds going to the Starlight Foundation.
  12. ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well so far I'm planning:

Friday Night - Trinity
    Saturday AM - not sure
    Saturday Late Arvo/movie - changing to Shindig Kaylee
    Sunday AM - Padme'/Lake Dress
    Sunday Arvo/?Cosplay - well, secret!

13. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4

Even I am not privvy to that information!!
  14. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm sure between you, me and Abi we can get it out of her...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  15. Grieyls Jedi Knight

star 6
    I know a Penguin that can help :p
  16. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *Insert random Burgess Meredith noises here*

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  17. Grieyls Jedi Knight

star 6
    No, I don't think you will.
  18. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight

star 5
    I think I may possibly just go on Saturday, as i really need to work sunday or i dont earn any money that week [face_money_eyes]
  19. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm currently not sure I'll be going at all. The tickets are cheap, but money just keeps getting tighter for me every bloody day, and I just cannot afford a single frivolous bit of spending anymore. :( Because it wouldn't just be the tickets, no doubt everything worth doing or getting inside the thing will cost money. Meh. Maybe one day, I'll see. I will be going to the Serenity screening, as a kind soul has already hooked me up with a ticket, but the actual con may be out. I'll see. The whole money thing is seriously stressing me out right now...
  20. GoobaFish Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Swung by Cyber Room today and there's a stack of SupaNova advertising mini mags. Guess you'll be seeing them in your regular haunts around town, but I've grabbed a few of 'em.
    Any podcast listeners, there's a page up at www.supanova.com.au/podcast with highlights from last year's series of SupaNovas.
  21. Fampa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Sorry, plugging my costume comp again.

I'd like to publicly thank Mr Toys in the mall for providing the competition prizes.

Thank you.

...End transmission
  22. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight

star 5
    Can we organise a F/Force group visit to Supernova?
  23. Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Read the thread Paulie
  24. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight

star 5
    Can someone cut and paste the thrust of this thread?

25. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight

star 5
    You just like saying the word thrust dont you, you sick devil! :p

Basically....We have decided to dress up as firefly characters on saturday, and star wars characters on sunday....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.