main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Supernova 2006

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    When is the Serenity screening and how do I obtain tickets to it?

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It's official, I will definitely be attending on Saturday, and going to the Serenity screening. I will not be going on Sunday. So finally I have a concrete plan.

How should I go about getting a ticket? I can get them at the door, right? Or will that cost more?

3. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    They said today they still had tix, but were 2/3rds sold for the session.

4. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    That is fantastic news! Glad you could make it! The tickets for sat only can be bought at the door, they're $20. I doubt they would charge more to pay at the door, well not from anything I've read. IT's gonna be awesome! yay!

5. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    I'm unfortunately gonna have to pull out of this Summer shindig...
    poor planning on my part has much to do with it.

Remunerations are in store for the 'Booners' in regards to my pre-purchased ticket.
    Thanks IC and Goobs, and I'm sorry for pikin' out.

Of course if anybody still needs a ticket to the Serenity screening...
    do get in contact with the Boonistas first.;)

6. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    What time is the Serenity screening? I'm working all weekend and can't do Supanova at all, but I might be able to do the movie if times work out favourably...

7. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Considering I don't have a costume, have already seen Serenity, have no money to buy merchandise and am not in love with Summer Glau; me thinks I will not be attending.. 8-}

8. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Chalk me up for Hambo's ticket. I'll get cash to whoever is responsible for it ASAP.

9. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    That'll be the good people at the Boon docks Cargs...;)
    Ain't it great how things just pan out?
    Say hello to Summer for me.

10. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Okay, I've had a thought. Yes. I know!

Inspired by the amazing Zoe vest IC created for me last night, I figured we'd have some chance of doing okay in the Saturday cosplay. Cosplay for those of you who don't know..goodness how silly are some people*..is either an interview in character or a small less than 5 minute skit or something representing the costume you wear.

* I had no bloomin idea what it was til a few days ago. Me silly.

I thought if there was enough of us, then we could do the joke scene where Mal asks Book to be put front and centre and Kaylee to ge the kid who's taking a dirt-nap etc etc. ANd our 3 Kayless could stand together and answer LOL

Or just stand up in one of the poses in the promo shots and look menacing, or do our favourite quotes of that character.

IC wasn't sure if anyone'd want to, but hell we've got these great costumes! And being the day of the Serenity screening, we've got to get some favourtism.

And only Magnus would raelly have to say too much LOL ;)

As I said, just a thought. But we would need to preregister, by like..tomorrow I think. Anyone in? Well do we have enough going on Saturday pm to do it? Or anyone want to go in individually. I reckon IC should witht hat amazing dress.

11. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Sorry, cosplay is where I draw the line.

Besides, my accent is atrocious.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    You know I was going to get all positive and encouraging, but really, I'd probably just get nervous or embarassed and stressed anyway if we started organising. Better that people say to us..."you guys look great, you so should've gone in the cosplay!" than go in and look like fools :D

13. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    So we're all meeting at teh boon, on saturday morning, are we not?

14. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Don't get nervous kahlan - just remember: "we're very private people"

15. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Thing is I kinda love to act..just have trouble faking outgoingness ( which should be the same thing! ) Anyway, I probably just outlined a character trait of 3/4's of us, so I'm not too special :)

16. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I think you'll be surprised how healthy your self esteem will feel once everyone gets an eyeful of you in that vest.

(ummm... I am not coming on to you)

17. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Awwww... damn it!:D

18. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    shush you!

19. casual-jedi

May 6, 2002
    Who me???[face_batting]
    //The Todd.

20. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Good! I thought there was too much drool in the loungeroom for just the boys...

21. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I just figured as we have the room for sleeping bods, and everyone will be coming and going in more or less the same group back and forth to the Con over the weekend, that it would be a logical case of whoever would like to crash at teh Boon over the weekend is welcome to! Would make syncronizing meeting/travelling much easier.. and if there's a pre-con costume 'malfunction' we have most things on hand for emerency repairs before heading to the showgrounds each day.

Just rock up with whatever you think you'll need to cover you the length of the con and pick a space to sleep/dress!

But please bring own towel/washer/soap/toothbrush&paste!!! :DD

p.s. is anyone thinking of heading to The Globe Friday night when the Con doors close at 10pm, so we can catch the Rocky Horrow Picture Show Shadowcast?!!

22. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm working late Friday night, so I'll be showing up at Teh Boon on Saturday morning. What kind of time will the rest of you guys be heading off then? As in, what time should I get there?

23. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    For those who are staying at/coming to Teh Boon for Brekkie on Sat, I'm proposing I make my Fruity Oaty Pancakes! And if we ask nice, IC might make her wonderful butterscotch sauce to go with. Give us a Shiny start to the day!

I've already reserved two lounges/sleeping spots for Morgan and I! Just confirming our reservation :p

I am currently working on my Leia belt, She will be finished tonight! (I hope!)

24. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    W00t! I'm going as Wash now! Huzzah!

25. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Yay wash =)

And yes, I bar one of those comfty lounges ;)
    And I need a headsup of essentials I need to bring... Sleeping bag maybe, yes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.