main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Supernova 2006

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MarvinTheMartian, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Those not staying overnight FRIDAY night are advised to arrive early to avoid missing out on the sugary-brekky-goodness.

I imagine everyone to be gathered/fed/dressed BY around 9am to avert rushing to make the 10am start at the Con.

Those returning to teh Boon for mid-saturday costume change, will leave the Con at 1pm, to return by 3pm, Browncoated and ready for food/movie afterwards.

meh .. I'm going to post a new thread purely with the suggested schedule for the weekend!!!

2. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    My costumes are almost done, even though work is through the roof this week [face_tired].....will be going as Simon on Saturday and Han (anh) on sunday. not sure what to wear on friday night.

having a place close to crash would be handy but i'll have to see[face_thinking]

3. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Ok that makes the main loungeroom taken by the girls, and Lukeski will be on the lounge in the 'second' lounge/tv room. There's still a single mattress & a double one if needed...

4. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I'll be skulking home Friday and Saturday night. I've got drinking duties with various parties after Supanova each of those nights, which preclude me from joining you all back at HQ.

Oh yeah, grumpy captain Saturday morning... You have been warned.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    SHE CALLED ME WASH

[face_love] [face_love]

6. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    awwww, that's the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Good for you murder sambo!!

7. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Just so long as he doesn't start squeeing...

I assume Summer called Sambo Wash?

8. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I assumed the same. It reminded me of when virginia hey though neech was the best thing she'd seen all day (conquest 200?) and that was cute as all hell.

9. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Well, it happened exactly like this:

All of us who were in costume went over to Summer's booth, just as she was leaving. Our crew had everybody we need, except for one : River Tam ( and shepard too, but im not counting him). We started saying things like "*sigh* We don't have a River in our crew *Sigh* if only we could find a replacement.." She looked up at the group. She went back to her signings, but then took another look at us. Me, actually. She addressed Goobs first. "It's Badger" She said.

She looked at me next. I looked at her. Our eyes met and time stood still. We we're two people connected, by the eyes. For that one moment, we were the only two people standing in the room. "It's Wash!" she said gracefully. I smiled back coyly. For that one moment, Summer and I...we had a connection.

Then she looked at everybody else, and pretended she liked their costumes more than mine. I knew she was just saying that to them, but she meant it to me. She went back to talking to her security guards, as we couldnt get a photo. I said "Bye Summer!". She pretended not to hear me. That's just her way. I know how she felt about me. We both knew that we couldn't be. She's a beatiful movie star with money and grace, whereas I am just a simple 16 year old, with so much to learn about the world. The public would not be able to except the way we feel about each other. I left with the group. But I know, that a part of me, is still with her, as is a part of her with me.

It's probably best it ended this way. I'd probably just break her heart. But someday, somehow she will be mine again. Oh Yes. She will be mine again.

10. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

That story is better than all the chick flicks I have seen in my life EVER. Even that girl interrupted/erin brocjovish double feature @ gaythorne.

MS You are the cutest thing EVER. Don't ever change.

11. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    ............you go get her tigger she is lusting after you if I have ever seen it , its here and now !!

;)

12. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I only have eyes for one girl and they're now with Summer. and I'm pretty sure i'd break her heart.

13. Fampa

Fampa Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2002
    Um, so how did you guys go at cosplay ?

I have booth duties most of the time and couldn't catch it.

14. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    We didn't cosplay. If we'd had more preparation time we probably would have, but all the time was spent just getting all the costumes together in the first place.

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    We didn't have an inara remember (I was off listening to the sci-fi writers) *sigh* and then another *sigh*.

I almmost seat jumped to talk to her at the movie, but then could get over the seat due to my stupidly long skirt. That could potentially been embarrasing! :p

Oh well.

Kithera

16. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    In a few years he'll be just as bitter and cynical as the rest of us.

17. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    About next year...

[image=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j284/kezzaa83/eyebar.gif]

18. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    forget about it. Have you ever been with a warrior woman?

19. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Fun few days!

My one day turned into 2 days and 2 nights and I enjoyed myself. Way too much I didn't understand or people dressed up as things I didn't know, but I loved costuming up with everyone and hanging out with hundreds of other people just as freaky as us.

I would however have to say that we should call ourselves browncoats now as we were the most vocal group when Summer was around.

The costumes were great..ours I mean :) Thanks to Narelle of course on everyone's behalf for her help and devotion to us all even at cost to herself. Appreciated muchly.

VERY TIRED NOW..and I didn't even stay up with you guys til 4am each night! Crazy.

Oh just uploaded some pics- don't go to the supanova album. I'm sleepy. Didn't put em there. Crap it's 10pm. SNORE!!

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/kahlan72/?sc=1

20. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    As long as you do understand of course that now - as our pfficial zooie - you will have to officiate MS's transition (as our wash) into manhood.

My best wishes are with you.

21. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Are you drunk K?

22. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    I am having some trouble with my fngers and the keyboard...

23. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Kahli, did you even read what I said before?

I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR SUMMER

ME @ SUMMER > [face_hypnotized]

24. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I would however have to say that we should call ourselves browncoats now as we were the most vocal group when Summer was around.

Seconded. Someone suggested Fanforce QLD should officially change its name to Jedi Browncoats, or something of that nature. Works for me. I was expecting heaps and heaps of people to be in Firefly costumes, but barring a smattering of hawaiian shirts that probably didn't actually have anything to do with Wash (R.I.P.), we were basically the only ones, which made us quite popular, not least with Summer.

Sorry I wasn't able to come on Sunday. I slept pretty late and had things to do, so I wouldn't have been able to make it in for any more than an hour or so, and given it's like a half-hour commute either way that seemed a bit pointless. Hope you guys all had fun, though.

25. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    What about.....'Colonial Jedi Browncoats' [face_love]
    ZOMG spoylerzZ!!!!1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.