main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Supernova {NJO, TK/J} [updated 7/16! It's NOT dead!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rogue_Even, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Even

Rogue_Even Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Supernova
    by Rogue_Even
    ~*:*~

Note: I'm taking a bit of a break on my other TK/J fic, Out of Breath, seeing as I ran dry on ideas for it, lol. I'm hoping to get that one going again soon, but for now, here's my latest TK/J, cuz I just can't stay away from them. :D

A lean figure stood on a balcony of the Hapan Palace, hair matching the color of the setting sun floating out behind her as she stared into the last fading rays of light.

Rather symbolic, she reflected as a familiar wave of pain crashed down on her heart. Things fade, they drift away...but I know the sun will rise again. I have no such knowledge of whether I will regain what I have lost.

The fingers of her one hand gripped the railing tightly as she let her eyes drift shut against the light, fighting against the darkness lingering within her.

He had been her light, bringing out emotions in her that she had never before felt, bringing a smile to her lips.

And now that he was gone, he had left a whole new onslaught of emotions, none of which she was prepared for.

Grief, loss, abandonment, anger, betrayal...and still yet, love.

When he had left, he had taken that light with him.

And now, she knew darkness.

This was different from when she had believed Jacen Solo to be dead. If Tenel Ka reached out even faintly in the Force, she could feel him, his presence tantalizing her, a dazzling glimpse of the light she had once cherished.

But the light was no longer hers.

When she touched Jacen, she also found another presence near him, basking in the light she had once reveled in.

Her.

Danni Quee had stolen Jacen from her and caused Tenel Ka to crash down into an unfathomable world of swirling ebony.

Stronger together. The words echoed in her mind, a bitter taunt.

What was she, then, alone?

Tenel Ka had always been a fiercely independent woman. She could take care of herself. But Jacen had worked his way past her defenses, earning himself a place in her heart that could never be erased.

She felt it keenly, like a vacuum in the center of her chest, pulling in all other positive emotions and rendering them to dust. It trapped all light, leaving her to walk a constant path of darkness.

At the end of the path, she could plainly see light, but the more she rushed towards it, the more it pulled away from her.

Tenel Ka realized that it no longer wanted her.

Where she had once been light herself, the center of Jacen Solo?s universe, his sun, he had suddenly retreated and found a new star to orbit.

And now his deserted sun was going supernova.

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Ohh...this is a very good start...I'm slowly starting to read Jacen/Tk stories....and this is quite good....

Up!

3. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    AH!

[face_shocked]

I haven't read it yet, but I saw your name and I saw "TK/J" and forces beyond my self-control guided my cursor to the title... [face_devil]

I'm such a sucker for TK/J. :D

Read later, until then, you're my hero! ;)

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    nice job Rogue! :D very nice look at TK's emotions....poor TK! :_|

stupid danni :mad:

but look at it this way...in SW, guys always seem to fall in love with billions of other girls before they marry one...girls only get to fall in love once...and TK's in love with jacen...so, unless the authors plan on completely deserting TK, jacen and tk HAVE to hook up again [face_stubborn] that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it...

~TJF

5. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    C3SoloP0, I'm glad you're starting to get into TK/J; it's one of the best pairings out there! ;) Thanks for your reply! :)

_Tenel_Ka_, I hope this fic lives up to your expectations! Hehe.

TJF, I think you summed things up perfectly: "Stupid Danni." lol! And as for your theory...YES! That's what I'm going with! Haha. Thanks for the wisdom. ;)

Expect the next part later tonight! :)

6. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    *sigh* I know EXACTLY how she feels. Abandoned for a blonde girl... And people wonder why I relate to Tenel Ka.

Now I've read it, and I must say how beautifully symbolic it is. The references to lightness vs. darkness are interesting!

Can't wait for more!

7. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    And here's the next post. Hope you like! :)

And just for the record...I am NOT happy with the direction in which NJO seems to be going. So, I attempted to offer up my own explanation of things, lol.

While the sun was setting on Hapes, darkness had already fallen on the world of Mon Calamari. Danni Quee was nestled firmly against Jacen Solo as he held her in his arms, both of them looking out at the brilliant night sky.

"Beautiful," she breathed, taking in the sheer beauty of the stars.

"Yes, beautiful," Jacen agreed, though his mind was not on the stars on Mon Calamari. In his mind, he suddenly saw the night sky of the planet Ryloth?possibly the least hospitable place in the galaxy, but he had managed to find beauty there.

Memories rose, until he felt as though he was transported back to another time.

Suddenly, it was not Danni he was holding in his arms, but a stunningly gorgeous young woman whom he had admired - and indeed loved - from the day they had first met. Red hair floated into his face rather than blonde, and he stared up at an entirely different array of constellations.

The sky was beautiful, surely, but to Jacen, nothing could have compared to the girl he had held in his arms.

He would have given anything to hold her there forever, but had known, had always known, that he would have to let her go. She was brilliant, her Force presence shining so brightly for him that it was though a supernova had just exploded if he so much as brushed against her. She had amazed him, entranced him, from the moment he had first laid eyes on her.

And from that moment on, he had known that he didn?t deserve her.

To Jacen?s own shock and delight, they had grown to be friends, till they were almost inseparable. Tenel Ka had known him and understood him with a depth that even his twin Jaina did not.

Though they were polar opposites, the attraction between them had been undeniable, and Jacen had to admit that since they had left the academy on Yavin 4, he had missed her so fiercely that he still bore a constant ache in the center of his chest.

But things were better this way, he reminded himself for the seemingly thousandth time. He loved her so intensely, even now, that he was afraid it would tear their friendship into tatters. He didn?t want to frighten her. She was a Queen now; she would marry someone who befitted her station.

Someone who deserved her.

Someone who Jacen Solo would be eternally jealous of.

Tenel Ka was his. She always had been, and always would be. Stronger together. That was just the way things worked.

But he knew that if he really loved her, he had to let her go.

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Someone who Jacen Solo would be eternally jealous of.

:) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D

Tenel Ka was his. She always had been, and always would be. Stronger together. That was just the way things worked.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:eek: :eek: :( not...good... :eek: :(

great post Rogue :D and so quickly after i read the first one...admit it, you were just waiting for me to show up :p ;)

~TJF

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    this story has a fitting title thats for sure.

10. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    TJF, actually, I have a bunch of this written already, just waiting to post. I miiiight put up another lil bit tonight...if you want it, that is. ;)

11. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    Ah man!! You just have to say "MEN!!!"

I mean come on Jacen!! If you love her..go and TELL HER!!!! Ah!!!!!

12. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful wonderful. Can't wait to read more of this story. :)

~~Jilly

13. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    I'm debating whether or not to put up the next bit...hehe.

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    we need more!!!!! i might get kicked off anytime now, but we DO need more...even if i might have to read it tomorrow morning/afternoon :p ;)

~TJF

15. Rogue_Even

Jul 22, 2002
    Okay, here's some more. 8-}

"Jacen?" The quiet voice jolted him back down to reality, and he forced a smile.

"Yeah?"

"You seemed a little distracted - like you were daydreaming." Danni smiled up at him. "Am I boring you?"

He quickly shook his head, smiling again. "Of course not." He gently pushed a strand of hair out of her face. "I?ve just been overloaded with things lately, that?s all."

Danni smiled sympathetically, turning around in his arms to give him a warm hug. "I bet you have. Is there anything I can do?"

Jacen kissed her cheek. "Not really, but thanks. I just wish this war would end, you know? I?m getting so sick of all this fighting, killing?"

Danni nodded, attempting to show that she understood, but Jacen knew that she did not, not fully. She couldn?t comprehend the choking feeling in his chest whenever he was forced to kill another sentient being, how he felt the pain he inflicted upon them in his own body? These were things that Jacen kept to himself, not wishing to discuss them, and Danni didn?t share a bond strong enough with him to understand what he did not say.

As that thought ran through his mind, he felt a strong pang in his heart. He missed Tenel Ka more than he could even articulate. They had understood each other so completely that she would have known what was troubling him before he himself even fully realized it.

He wondered what would happen if she was here now. Would she see how much he missed her, yearned for her? Or would she not see through the flimsy barriers he had drawn up against her, in a vain attempt to keep his true feelings from showing?

More importantly?did she miss him too?

When Jacen and Danni returned back indoors, they were greeted by Jacen?s uncle Luke.

"Jacen? Can I talk to you for a few moments?"

"Sure, Uncle Luke. What is it?"

Luke nodded towards Danni. "Would you mind allowing us to discuss this in private?"

The young scientist smiled at Jacen and nodded. "No problem. See you later, Jacen."

Jacen smiled back, giving her a quick hug. "Bye."

Danni kissed him briefly on the cheek, then turned and walked off.

Once she was gone, Luke looked at Jacen gravely. "I just got a comm."

Jacen raised an eyebrow. "From who?"

Luke sighed. "Jacen, we?ve received word that we?ve pinpointed the Vong?s next target."

Jacen tilted his head slightly to the side. "And it is?"

Luke bit his lower lip for a moment before replying. "Hapes."

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    ooo...yes! :D :D :D :D :D jacen's going to hapes...sounds like fun [face_devil] [face_love] awesome post Rogue! :D liked the look into danni (ugh) and jacen's...um..."relationship" ;) :)

~TJF

17. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    EEK! More!

~~Jilly

18. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You should see the Danni Quee Hater's Society that me, JF06, and Jedida have started on her thread.... p

NO!! JACEN, YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG! DROP THE BLONDE BIMBO, NOT TENEL KA!!!! :eek: :( :_|

Awesome story-----

DANNI QUEE IS WANTED DEAD OR NOT-ALIVE BY JEDIDA, JF06, AND SABER-OF-LIGHT [face_devil]

19. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Danni is an very cool charecter!!!

My faverite line of her's is when she gives Jacen the 'lets be friends' talk!!!! ;) :D

20. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    This is very good. I'm looking forward to the next post.

21. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Totally awesome! Can't wait for more!

~Rogue

22. C3SoloP0

Dec 10, 2002
    I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!! Jacen is going to Hapes!!!!

More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!
    More!!!!!!

23. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

THRILLING!!!!!!!!!!

JACEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARG!!!!

MEN!!!!

Poor Tenel Ka...............

Drat you Jacen!!!!

If you drop TK I, I, I don't know what I'll do but you'll be wishing I wasn't doing whatever it is that I'm going to do to you that I haven't figured out yet.................

Rogue Even?

Have Jaina in love with Zekk and then have Danni marry gag!!!

I'm gonna have to come up with one for Danni now.........................................

*Jaid goes off to think*

24. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Have Jaina in love with Zekk and then have Danni marry gag!!!

I'm gonna have to come up with one for Dani now.......................................

What!? :confused:

25. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    gag = Jagged Fel

Jag is his nickname but Kyp and I are convinced that his name is *gag*.

See?

It what happens the minute you realize who he is!

But I STILL can't figure one out for Danni...........................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.