main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Supershadow: Why Old Timers Are Skeptical About Rumors

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    That is why I am skeptical of everything that is not officially released including the concept art. People say and make stuff up all the time I don't know why though I guess they get jolly's out of it.

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Just a thought. I think it'd be really funny if Supershadow were lurking in here... Even funnier if he was posting! (Having learned his lesson and posting under a different name, that is)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Supershadow is the owner of MakingStarwars. Trying to make up for his crimes.

:p

JediFan215, DarthIshyZ and Dak Oolron like this.
  4. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Of course they do! Devin must still be recovering from the endorphine overdose he got from reactions to the hand rumor.
    Times change, trolls don`t.

5. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I will atone! I will atone! I will atone!

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    don't even joke about that. yuck.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That would be all sorts of awful.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. hocash

hocash Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2014
    I don't care if 99.9999% or even 100% of these rumors are fake. It's fun to talk about and we've been waiting years for new movies so why not make up a bunch of crazy rumors and talk about them. All in good fun. Who gets hurt? It's like the ASIOF (Game of Thrones) subreddit. Crazy theories based on the random passages in the books because GRR Martin takes 155 years to write each book. It's either go with crazy stuff or let your passion dwindle. I VOTE FOR PASSION.

dekaneas and Rookhelm like this.
  9. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I think SS was 100% legit. The fact that his site is down now as Episode 7 is being made isn't just coincidence, I believe it's because he's on set, supervising JJ, and doesn't have time to maintain his phenomenal website. I'm looking forward to when he returns. I wonder if he's been "scoring at will" with Daisy. Probably.

Echo Base and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    As a more recent user, I have to ask: What was the reaction to the legit leaks, if there even were any, and what were they about? When did they show up? What was the "best" leak (e.g. one of the earliest and most outlandish rumors that actually happened, or was going to happen, in the PT)

11. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Apologies if I have missed this. But was it ever determined who Supershadow actually was?

12. Bran Kenobi

Bran Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

13. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

I didn't start following spoilers until ep 3, but the one that sticks out to me was the existence of Darth Plagueis. People thought it was the dumbest name and that in no way was a character like that going to be talked about in ep 3.

14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Mickey Suttle.

TK327 likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I always found Supershadow hilarious.[face_laugh]

Bob Octa and Bran Kenobi like this.
  16. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Supershadow is an object example in two things:

1) People on the internet will hustle for eyeballs in whatever ways get them the most eyeballs
    2) People on the internet don't like to read anymore than they absolutely have to.

Supershadow was a hustler making coin off suckers who didn't know any better, and never learned. And when people finally did start knowing better, he just started goofing on everyone for the fun of it.

If you've hit 2014 and you still fear the spectre of Supershadow, chances are that you're not a person who applies a lot of critical thought and/or research to your particular pastime of choice. If it's 2014 and you still think something like Supershadow can happen the way it happened back in the early 2000s, or that if it DID happen that you couldn't sniff it out - that's not a Supershadow problem. That's a YOU problem :)

He was never that slick. Even he realized it at a certain point. Which is when he switched over to just spoofing the whole damn scene. There's absolutely no need to take him seriously, or invoke his name in any other way but the punchline it obviously became. He's not a cautionary tale.

If there's a cautionary tale, it's for people who find themselves after a decade straight still trying to play a game without having developed a b.s. detector even slightly more sophisticated than "GOTTA BE TRUE" or "EVERYTHING IS A LIE."

Bob Octa, TKT, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.
  17. J.J.Abrams

J.J.Abrams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2014
    I believe most of the concept art we've seen is fabricated.

Beat by beat, every image runs parallel with rumors/leaks which came before..

• The AT-AT on it's side
    • the Skellig Michael set
    • the villain
    • the cyborg and his leg
    • Chewbacca and his arm
    • the stormtroopers
    • Han Solo's duster outft
    • Billie Lourd
    • ships spotted during filming

All these things were rumored for a while before the art came out, it's more than likely just a group of pranksters from Deviantart who are posing as multiple sources.

18. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    I doubt it's fabricated, but I don't believe it's going to be anything close to what we see in the movie. If you look at the concept art for the prequels, you'll notice that almost everything is different/altered from the images.

That being said, who knows.

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    *Was not around for PT rumors, is just as skeptical as everyone else*

20. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

that's because the concept art was being circulated and reported on (hence the rumors) prior to it leaking. There's a reason they match...the pics informed the rumors, not the other way around.

Krueger and Artoo-Dion like this.
  21. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    You should know. You are the director, after all. ;)

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    lol

23. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    The concept art seems too inconsistent yet underrevealing to be fake, at least for the most part. Specifically some of the larger rumors, which could easily have been incorporated by sticking Luke's face in the cyborg's eye hole or Daisy's face in the cyborg's arms. In my experience fan art usually oversells the rumors rather than undersells them. More to the point, the rumors are clearly based on the concept art and not the other way round. That's why the speculation that Kira turns to the dark side is always tied in with that picture of her held by the cyborg.

starocean90 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  24. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    The only thing that always annoyed me about SuperShadow was that he tended to come at the top of the list in most search results, if one was typing in something along the lines of "episode 2 spoilers" or "prequel trilogy leaks". It was annoying that a non-legitimate site was capturing so much traffic and wasting time for those of us hungry for real spoilers.

bobbyroberts likes this.
  25. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Who is to say that some of that concept art isn't fan art that was sent to the sources as supposedly legit?

I mean, some of it was based on rumors and leaked sets from prior, and it does seem to me that there may be a few images that do show bearings to being true. However, many of them seem more fake.

So it could be a mix, who knows.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.