main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Superstar (Face Loran / Wynssa Starflare)... No Joke...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Barefoot_XO, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Okay folks. I don?t own Star Wars, any of the characters except those I make up, or the song Superstar. They belong to George Lucas, their creators and the Carpenters respectively...

This is a sad story. The question I?m trying to answer is what would happen if fourteen-year-old Garik Loran (The Face) and sixteen-year-old Syal Antilles (Wynssa Starflare) were paired together in a holovid? How would it affect their lives forever?

~~

Superstar

They had been practising the scene for days. Jonnal, the director wanted it to be a realistic and touching scene, showing the Rebellion in all of its evil light by showing that they would stop at nothing to stomp out even love as pure as this. Face played the lovelorn Imperial officer, who had dared to love the daughter of a Rebel leader. Wynssa played that daughter, who had bravely defied her family to join the Empire and be with her love...

Face looked deep into Wynssa?s eyes as the sounds of blasterfire raged overhead. "They?re coming for us, Aliana... They?ll be here any minute..."

Wynssa stared back, tears streaking her lovely face. "I know, Garrett. Promise me that my father will never take me."

He kissed her forehead gently. "Never, my love. I would go to the depths of Corellia?s ninth hell for you." At this he produced a plastic capsule. "And now they will never have you."

She smiled at him gratefully. She opened the capsule, producing two pills, apparently filled with poison. She handed one to him. "And so we die this day, in defiance to the cruelty of the Rebellion that would not allow our love and in service to the Empire that gave us the strength to resist them for this long." She popped her pill in her mouth and swallowed it. "To the Empire."

He followed her example, swallowing his own pill. "Indeed my love, to the Empire." And with that he leaned over and kissed her. It was a passionate kiss, desperate, almost frantic in its urgency. As the kiss built, rebel troops could be heard ramming against the door. Finally, as the kiss tapered , the two young lovers lay down together on the ground, dying together.

The director had tears in his eyes. Only Loran and Starflare could have achieved such powerful realism, he thought. Their service to the Empire is truly blessed.

Long ago and oh so far away
    I fell in love with you before the second show

Garik entered Wynssa?s room after they had accepted the wild applause of the triumphant cast and crew. She was sitting there, in a dark corner, brushing her hair in the mirror.

"You were spectacular, Wyn. You know that."

She turned to smile at her handsome co-star. "Thank you, Rik. You truly lived up to your reputation today."

He looked at her in semi-confusion. "Does that mean you liked my acting?"

She smirked at him. By the Gods he loved that smirk. "Yes your acting was good. But I was referring to your other reputation.

His eyebrow arched. "And what reputation is that, pray tell."

The smirk... that smirk... widened. "Your reputation for being the best kisser in the business. They say Tetran can?t hold a candle to you and that is why he left acting."

He met her smirk with a smirk of his own as he leaned over and kissed her again. This vid had been special to both of them because it had brought them together. Just as they began working together on the various love scenes that this movie, Scarlet Sunset, entailed, they had discovered that the love that they portrayed was not that of Garrett for Alaina, but of Garik for Wynssa, and vice versa. Thus had begun their month-long relationship behind the scenes of their month-long vid production. Now it was coming to an end. Garik would go on to star in Win or Die, while Wynssa would go on to star in The Moff?s Daughter. And so they kissed that same kiss that they had portrayed on the vids. The kiss that screamed at their desperation to be together and yet their knowledge that fate was irrevocably tearing them apart.

"I?ll write you every day. I?ll try to

2. Jaina87

Jaina87 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    That was beautiful! =D= :_|

3. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    *snif*

*snif*

*snif*

Oh, that was sad! :_| :_| Poor Facey-poo! And poor Wyn. And so close to canon! :_| :_|

*snifle*

You wrote that so well. And Face always loving Wyn...Makes sense. :_| And poor Syal...being married to someone that she didn't love.

Great fic.

~Myra

PS - When I first read the title, I thought that you meant Syal Antilles, Wedge's daughter. :p

4. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    *sniffles* That was lovely, Jasper. Very well done.

I thought you meant Wedge's daughter, too. :p

5. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    THAT WAS GREAT!!!!

6. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Just when you thought you had seen the most unusual pairing on the boards . . .. ;)

Fantastic job with some seriously overlooked characters. I'm waiting for a full length fic - this would make a great epic AU. :D

7. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
  8. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Gah. That was sad!!!

*Holds up a sign that reads "every good love story is based on romeo and juliet"*

9. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Hmmm... that definitely puts a spin on things. Very interesting concept. Good job.
    :)

10. Wyn-Fel

Wyn-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I never really thought about those two together. it was good though.

11. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    grrrr... the post from Wyn_fel is really from me. Wyn-fel is my sis and I keep forgetting to log on to my name. that's the third time I've done that. I'm going to have to try to remember next time. sry for the mix up

12. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    That was so sweet, so sad ... wow

Well done

~Mag~

13. Barefoot_XO

Oct 19, 2004
    I'm glad to see that this is being so well received...

14. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Aww... cute, touching, smart, sneaky...

I'll have to ramp up my own Syal/Luke 'fic, I guess... o_O :D :p

- The Imperial Ewok

15. Barefoot_XO

Oct 19, 2004
    *snickers*

I knew you'd like it McEwok...

Jasper