main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Support our beloved Mods!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    In case some of you havent seen it yet. There is a thread over in Comms about the recent BS concerning our mods/admins/gsas/rsa/crs.

if interested here is the thread on the subject. let the highter powers know how you feel!

Damn the man!

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I advise everyone to take a look at the link above and take the time to read it. It's an awful lot to go through but this may have a profound impact on the boards. More to follow.....

3. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Been following it since the beginning.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    This is just very sad. I hope it gets resolved soon.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    So all of this is about the owners of this board wanting the Mods to register their personal information without explanation? That is bad. The Mods should be able to maintain their privacy just like everyone else.

6. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    If I were in their position, I wouldn't have a problem with the information request itself. There are valid reasons for wanting a mod's contact information. Someone brought up background checks in the JC Comms thread. We do have a lot of underage posters in the forums, and I can understand why the site owners might want to protect them by controlling what type of people moderate.

However, the site owners have not given them that reason, or any other reason, and the mods are concerned about the insecurity of the submission of the information itself. Most of the mods just wanted more information about this sudden change, and the site owners were uncooperative and rude. They explained pretty much nothing, and when the deadline for compliance passed they began demoting people. If the site owners needed my name and address, I would want to know why, and how that information would be used. I would also expect to be treated with respect asking them those questions.

This is my understanding of the situation. There has also been discussion of the entire forum portion of TFN being shut down completely. I encourage you all to keep up with the JC Comms forum on the issue, as it affects the entire population of these boards.

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    This is my understanding of the situation. There has also been discussion of the entire forum portion of TFN being shut down completely.

I'm hoping that things will work out and this will all pass. However, if the worst should happen and the boards are deleted we will have a home. I've created an Emergency Message Board for the Rebels and will pass on the link if we need to move there.

To my knowledge we are a far way off from the boards being removed so please try and enjoy yourselves and just keep an eye on things in the Communications Forum.

8. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
  9. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I was keeping up with the thread discussing this for most of last night and some of ealry this morning. It's getting crazy. With fewer mods, people began taking shots at eachother and I'm sure flaming was at an all time high. I find this entire thing insanse, especially since I know some of the mods who were demoted. What's even worse is some people having been sucking up big time in order to replace the mods who have been demoted. I found it disgusting that someone would try and take advantage of a situation like that.

Edit: Okay this is kind of weird, but when I checked the sn's of some of the people I know who had been demoted, some have actually been premoted to manager.

10. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Anybody else wondering why I never want to be a JC mod? [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.