main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Support Our Troops - Adopt a Soldier!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by -Fettish-, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    I found a neat way to support our troops - adopt a soldier!

Many soldiers in Iraq have nobody to send them letters or packages. Imagine how hard it must be for some of them to sit and watch as others open mail from family and loved ones.....while they receive nothing. These men and women need to know that we all care about them and support them!

The following website is a legitimate organization, even endorsed by the USMC official site. I am planning on adopting a soldier myself, and sending care packages to him/her. Perhaps we could all chip in and adopt one in the name of the club! There is a $10 donation fee. Visit Soldiers' Angels to learn more:

Soilders' Angels

-Fettish :D *will have more detailed info at meeting if anyone thinks this is a good idea*

2. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    ............am I to assume we think this is a dumb idea? :(

-Fettish *pouts*

3. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Not saying it a dumb idea fettish. Personally I just dont have the time and resources to be sending gifts off to soldiers. =/

-Dot

4. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    They recommed we send personal care type items, not "gifts". Such as Q-Tips, chapstick, lotion, ect... Things one can purchase at the dollar store. However, if anyone doesn't have the resources to do that, then by all means it's fine. Believe me, I understand not having money. Mike and I had to drop half our house insurance due to unforseen financial burdens...

Anyway, if some of us want to do it, and others do not, I don't see why the willing parties couldn't proceed with the idea... It's a charitable cause, not something that requires mandatory participation...

-Fettish :)

5. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Just forget the whole stupid idea for now anyway. Just found out Mike and I are flat broke with negative balance in checking account...

-Fettish *hates her life*

6. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    It's not a stupid idea. I was a recipient of one of those care packages in the gulf war. I can tell you that it was greatly appreciated and NEEDED.

Fettish, I will adopt a soldier on behalf of the Outlanders' Haven if okay with you folks. I'll purchase what's neccessary for the care package or make a donation, with the name "Outlanders' Haven" of West Virginia Fanforce or whatever you folks want put on it.

It's no problem for me and I know it's appreciated by them.

In fact, I'll post a similar thread on my boards in Pittsburgh and make mention of it on the Cleveland and D.C. boards (at least a PM to Krash (mid-west RSA) and stateless (D.C.'s CR))

-Sal

7. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Awwwwww.... You are such a sweetie! :)

But I was thinking of going ahead in the next couple of weeks and adopting a soldier myself in the name of the club anyway. I can afford it the first week or so of June, just not right now...

But please do go ahead and post the link on the other boards. I think it's a good idea and a worthwhile cause...

Soldiers' Angels

-Fettish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.