main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supporting JP-30!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Darth-Seldon, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    JP-30 has been our moderator here in this forum. He has been our guide and a true leader of this forum. His threads and posts have really shaped this board into what it is today. I really could not see this board without him.

THIS THREAD IS TO EXPRESS OUR SUPPORT FOR JP-30

He took a stand for what is right and now he is demoted. I know we will all miss him. And I want him to know our support is with him and all of the other moderators.

They stood up for what was right!
    and they deserve a new respect for it.

Darth-Seldon

(The 3NS Forum has similar threads for a moderator, so I thought it would be allowed for me to make this one here.)

Locking at jp-30's request. Consider it an act of him modding from beyond the 'grave'.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I am with you 100% on the idea of showing our support as a forum group ;) :D . What happened was down right dirty, and cruel. Many other users are disappointed and upset with the decesions made yestrday. Over what? Addresses!?! :mad:

Those were and still are great Mods, no matter how you look at them, they do not deserve to be treated in such a manner as they were... :(

And, they will be greatly missed! :_|

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Would someone be kind enough to inform me as to what has happened?

4. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    i support all the moderaters who were cheated by the ownership and lost thier titles.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Gobi-1, this is a complicated issue to find out more you should go to communications.

Basically according to me the following happened....

Philip Wise (JC owner) demanded to have all the moderator's home addresses and that this info would be posted in an unsecure locatation where hackers could get it. If the info was not supplied the mod or admin would be demoted. Darth Sapient and 13 others refused to do this. They were demoted. JP-30 and several others resigned in protest (I could be wrong but that is what I heard). ALl the moderators are angry about this and so many changed their colors to black and gray with a strike through the name. Many JCers have dropped their icons in protest. VIP's like Amazing B asked to be dropped from that status.

Go to communications to find out more.
    I don't know all of it.

Seldon

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Hmmm, nice banner in here.

I agree Jp-30 is a great mod and he will be missed. :(

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks for the kind words, but I stepped down voluntarily in protest. It was my decision (though I'd have been forceably removed if I'd stayed on another 24 hours).

Anyway, it's been a pleasure modding this forum, and I hope the mod(s) who look in on this place in future help keep it alive.

I'll still be posting here, so it's all cool. :)

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's a shame you were forced into such a senseless thing.

9. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    I love me some Jaepee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.