Hou, TX Supposedly there is a Vader light saber for sale...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by death_2_dooku, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. death_2_dooku Jedi Youngling

star 1
    My friend said at Deerbrook Mall, there is one of the Lightsabers that was actually used in filming or something like that for $500. If i had $500 bucks to burn, thats where I'd spend it.
  2. Darthmusic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, I can't comment on the authenticity because I haven't seen it but the icons sabers still go for anywhere from 500 to 1000 bucks and those are replicas. I can't imagine a real saber used in any of the movies going for less than a few grand.

Heck the Darth Maul saber which was the actual stunt one used in TPM sold for $75,000.
  3. Pandarsson Jedi Youngling

You know, I once passed up buying an authentic Balabushka cuestick (Balabushka is to billiard cues as Strativarius is to violins) for 150 bucks because I thought no way would there be a REAL Balabushka for less than $2000. Well, pawn shops often don't know what they have and I found out that an acquaintance of a friend bought it and had it authenticated as a true Balabushka.

Of course, this isn't a pawn shop and cases like mine are very uncommon. Still, it might be worth a look, if you know what to look *for*.
  4. Darthmusic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    One of my best friends had a similiar experience with a Selmer Mark VI Alto Sax at a pawn shop. He paid 100 bucks for a 4000 saxophone. Of course he knew what it was but the guy at the shop was clueless.

BTW where is this supposed vader saber at? I may try to check it out if I knew where.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.