main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Supreme Chancellor Appointment: Vertical

Discussion in 'Communications' started by chitwood, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    Vertical has been promoted to a newly reinstated position here in the Jedicouncil:

Supreme Chancellor.

After careful consideration of the administration of the JC and our current structure, I feel strongly that the time is right for a strong leader who can have the authority to take us into Episode III. For some time, the structure of the Jedicouncil hasn't been condusive to effectively working for solutions, making items of priority be lost in committee, and no one ultimately has the final word. This will help influence our current structure toward quick resolution to situations and rule implementation, as well as give a definite ending point to combat endless negotiations.

Vertical is now that individual. He will work closely with myself personally to continue to improve the Jedicouncil and continue to make it the best forum on the Internet to talk about Star Wars. The team model of course is still very much in affect, the JC administration is still very much working out solutions together - I've just felt for some time a final authority has been needed.

I will be working daily with the team to ensure your experience here will be excellent. Long live the Jedicouncil.

Josh

Older News.

2. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Wow, sweet! This is really great news. The JC could use someone to end all debates instead of everything being 'users dont like whats happening/mods are forced to defend it.' And about the JC becoming the best forum to talk about SW...uhm, it already is.

Oh and congrats, Vertical.

edit: and jedi council is two words. :)

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Congrats, Vertical, and good luck! I'm sure you'll do a great job.

4. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Congrats Vertical and may the force be with the Jedi Council ;)

5. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I call for a vote of no confidence in Vertical's pants.

wow, first he gets married then he gets to be head JC mod, this is a year he'll probably never forgive.

I mean forget, yeah.

o_O

6. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Congrats to Vertical! :D

Now maybe some things will work smoothly.

7. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

So does that mean Staff are no longer at the top of the food chain?

8. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Vertical loves democracy.
    Vertical loves the boards.

He was the natural choice ;)

9. Bono

Bono Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Everybody knows Gundark is at the top of teh food chain.

10. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    so vert ~= darthcleo?

not a bad choice... though i've only had limited contact with vert, the one time i had to deal with him because i did something wrong [face_blush] he was very fair.

11. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Using my vast mod experience it's quite clear Vertial swallowed Carter whole and turned into Vertical level 3!

Power level 1 million?

12. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    I just wonder who he's going to clone for the grand army of the republic. ;)

13. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Although now that I think about it I could be wrong....

;)

14. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Supreme Chancellor Appointment:

Not to nitpick, but don't they vote on the Supreme Chancellor? :confused:

:p

15. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Congrats Vert.

Just a couple of questions though (no drama, just questions :p)....First, let me make this clear though that I respect Vert, and like having him returned to the top of the heap, so to speak....but the questions:

I thought that the Administrators were supposed to be doing what your SC position looks like? Are they now redundant? Have less responsibility?

Also, do you have more time here now? When you strepped down from Admin, you had a lot of commitments, and didnt have the time to dedicate to everything. Have you got more time now, because I would imagine that this would take up more time than ever?

16. Bono

Bono Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Oops! It's a loophole Lucas would be proud of!

17. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Congradulations Vertical :D

18. eclipseSD

eclipseSD Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Padme Bra: The Advisory Council will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that Vertical has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old JC have been swept away.

Kadue: That's impossible! How will Vertical maintain control without the bureaucracy?

Padme Bra: The mods now have direct control over their forums. Fear will keep the users in line. Fear of this ban button.

;)

Congrats Vert!

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Congratulations Vert!!! :)

I can't think of anyone better to head the forums!

Long live Supreme Chancellor Vertical!!! ;)

Kithera

20. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Does anyone feel sorry for LB?

I mean he's not the brightest bulb in the bounch and the way vert tricked him into this, it's so sad.

21. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Good going, Ryan! :)

You're the best person for the job, and I know you'll do well. Good luck, and enjoy your new position! :)

GO 'CLONES!

22. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i'd like to congratulate vertical on his promotion...i'd also like to commend the continued spirit of unilateralism that this forum is built on...and finally i'd like to announce the creation of a new JC feature, once a week i shall select a particularly wise saying of Vertical, and place it in teh new thread "Vertical's Words of Wisdom"

suggestions welcome

23. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Wait, so if we're comparing Vertical to Palpatine... then who's Jar Jar?

EDIT: Wait, farraday beat me to it. Good stuff.

Rick McCallum loves you!

24. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Thanks, all.

Dagsy, in answer to your questions (totally valid ones, and quite good) -

The current folks who have 'Administrator' status will continue in their roles, providing addition people with 'administrator' access for the rest of the team, and being the 'Head Admin' replacement when I'm unavailable for whatever reason.

We're currently discussing how they'll function from here on out, but it likely won't change too much. To some degree, yes, that's redundant, but having a 'final call' Administrator should hopefully alleviate some of the red-tape (although I will always discuss things with the mods and managers and admins first, if possible).

Regarding my time online, yes, I have more time available now, and plan to be here as often as I can to help.

Vertical

25. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Vert, as Supreme Chancellor, I think we can finally bring this to the right person:

JCC Banner.

That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.