main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Surprise!!!" A round robin {New interlude up}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns the recognizable characters, but the rest of the characters belong to the authors writing them.

Summary: Obi-Wan's fellow Padawans decide to throw him a surprise party to celebrate a "special" occassion. Chaos ensues...

NOTE: Thoughts are in These are my thoughts And bond speak is :This is my bond speak :D

Participants:
    CalaisKenobi Poster extraordinare and co-organizer.

dparis Cohort of CK and creator of the fabulous Dei Tinomeril.

Just_Jill Proud author of the talented and gifted Jahzea Mahl.

Master_Neos_Padawan Namesake and current writer of the crafty N'erak.

Flashbacca The Resident Wookie expert... as displayed by Padawan Urkdt.

Cicci Our favorite Swede, and originator of Soren Wydda.

Sheleigh Writer and creator of future Knight Aileah.

Master_Comedy_Kitty Author of the sarcastic but loveable Aurora Drenot.

Padawan_Travina Poster of the talented future Healer, Travina

Master_Jador Creator and writer of the telekinetically gifted Jador Halkon

Arldetta Proud creator of the dynamic duo of future Knight-Healers MysAri and her twin sister MiraCyn

2. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Entering the small room that stood unobtrusively among the many training sallés, Bant could barely contain her excitement. She had waited many years for this day to arrive, and now that it had finally occurred she found herself practically vibrating with anticipation. The frenetic energy within the small room told her that the other Padawans also shared in her eagerness.

?Does everyone remember what they have to do?? she asked, coming to stand in the center of the circle of Padawans. As each of the eleven Jedi nodded, Bant smiled. ?Good, then we are ready to begin.?

Turning to address the member of their group closest to her Knighthood, Bant laid a hand on the young woman?s shoulder. ?Are you sure you are up to this Jahzea?? Receiving a grin in response, the Mon Calamarian knew that her friend was more than ready to take on the task of distracting one of the most troublesome and difficult Masters of the Order. ?Remember, you need to keep him busy for most of the day,? Bant instructed, before addressing the entire group again.

?Six of the Council Members are off planet, so that makes our job a little bit easier,? she explained, ?but we still need to be very careful not to alert the remaining Masters. We also need to be certain that our own Masters don?t expect anything either.?

?Each of you know what you need to do, but please remember to keep Dei and I informed of your progress,? the Padawan continued. ?We will need to know if you are going to deviate from your assigned location, so we can keep Obi-Wan from suspecting anything. And remember to contact N?erak if you run into difficulties.?

?Are we sure that Obi-Wan is going to be available for this today?? N?erak asked as he leaned casually against the doorway, making certain that no one outside the room would hear their plotting.

?Dei and I will make certain that he is,? Bant said, ?and we will also be sure to keep him away from the Healers!? she added, causing each member of the group to laugh.

?I guess it would kind of defeat the purpose of the ?Congratulations on returning from a mission without going to the Healers? party if Obi-Wan ended up spending the day in the Healers ward,? N?erak quipped, grinning widely.

?Yes, yes it would,? Bant agreed, as she stepped from the center of the loose circle and made her way toward the door. Turning just as she reached out to trigger the door opener, she studied each of her fellow conspirators. Apparently satisfied at their expressions, she grinned. ?Now if everyone is ready, let?s get this party started!?

?That went well,? mumbled Dei as Bant closed the doors behind them. ?I?m surprised anyone showed at all.?

Bant smirked, fixing her large eyes on the younger learner. ?You?d be surprised at the size of his fan club these days. You would think he?s attractive or something.?

Dei strangled a laugh as they headed for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon?s living quarters. ?My bet is that he?s sleeping away his morning. All that not-getting-hurt must take a lot out of him. What should we tell Master Jinn anyway??

?I overheard that Master Jinn gave Obi-Wan the day off to rest and catch up with the rest of us, so I?m just going to say that we?re taking him out for a day to relax. He deserves to act his age for once, don?t you think?? Bant asked, glancing at Dei, who shrugged.

?Jahzea sure has her work cut out for her,? added Dei. ?I?d rather face a Sith than Master Jinn, much less distract him for the day. I would fear for my life. Anyhow, if something goes wrong, we?ll know.? She articulated her statement by turning on her comm. link, setting it to a low volume, then shoving it back into one of her many utility-belt compartments.

Bant gave a quick nod, then motioned Dei to her side as she hit Obi-Wan?s door chime. The towering form of Qui-Gon Jinn stood within. His commonly emotionless face broke into a warm smile when he saw the two Padawans. ?Bant, Obi-Wan will be delighted to see you. And Padawan Dei, if I remember correctly??

Dei simply ga

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Wonderful start! I especially liked the second part that hinted ever-so-openly about the Star Battle (I think) movie being the SW movie - and the old white man being Obi. [face_laugh]

Aunecah

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    WHOO!!!

Let the mayham insue....Great start...

PT

5. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    And the beginning is here! Great start CK and dparis!

I loved the part about Dei rather would face a sith than Master Jinn! Great!

?Forget the whiner, that old man looked like he could?ve been quite the looker a few decades back."

Are you implying something? 8-}

Oh...I'm even more excited now we're off!

6. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    ROTFL!!!

Oh gosh this is gonna be GREAT!!!

Can't wait for more!

7. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    takin' a breather.....

8. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    oh my....lol!

9. dparis

May 21, 2002
    upping....because it feels so wonderful to do it....

10. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Jahzea Mahl paced nervously in the corridor, her right hand rubbing her left, trying to work the feeling back into it. It was a useless activity, but Master Healer Ashthoret had said that it wouldn't hurt, either. She'd discovered she did that when she was nervous, or when she was thinking about Obi-Wan - which she definitely was right now.

How Bant had decided that she would be the one to get Master Jinn out of the Temple, she would never know. She barely knew Master Ravenna's Mon Calamari Padawan, although she had met her before. The idea of celebrating Obi-Wan's return from a mission without ending up at the Healer's was a little strange, but then, the Jedi were a strange bunch. And Obi-Wan's friends seemed even stranger. She shook her head fondly, remembering the fourteen year old that had talked her out of her suicidal funk six years ago. They'd spent some time together after that, since her Master and his were friends.

Maybe that was why Bant had asked her to get Qui-Gon out. Of the bunch she'd barely met, she seemed to be most aware of his movements, simply because he and Master Windu was such good friends.

Her comm buzzed. "Jahzea, he's coming your way," Soren said softly. "He just passed me."

With a jerk, Jahzea straightened her tunic and nervously ran her hand over her short hair. She was at the far end of the hall; the timing on this had to be perfect. She started toward the intersection, and hoped she'd hit it at the same time he did, bracing herself for some pain. Master Jinn was a big man, and she was more slender than Obi-Wan...

She collided with him and was knocked off her feet, landing hard on the floor. There was little acting in the surprise on her face when she looked up at Master Jinn. "Oh, Master Jinn, I'm sorry," she said, and scrambled to get to her feet. He reached down, took her elbow, and helped her to stand. "I was distracted."

He nodded slowly. "As was I. I apologize, Padawan Mahl."

"As do I."

His head tilted to the side. "You already did. Is something wrong?"

"Um... no?" she hedged.

"Is something wrong with Mace?"

"No, Master Jinn. My Master is well." At least, she amended silently, he was when I left him three hours ago. "Are... are you busy?" she asked hesitantly.

His lips curved slightly. "It depends. Is there something I can help you with?"

She let out a sigh of relief. "There is a friend of my Ma... Of Delios' not too far from the Temple." It still hurt, if a little less, to refer to her first Master by her first name. "I have a birthing day gift for a friend, but she lives in an area that Master Windu suggested very strongly that I not go in alone. He took me the first time, when I went to tell her of Delios' passing," she cleared her throat to make her voice go back to normal, "and again when I asked her to make this for me. He is busy right now; could I prevail upon you to accompany me?"

Fortunately, she didn't have to say much more. There was compassion in his gaze, and she had to look away to keep from bursting into tears. Six years! It had been six years since Delios had hidden her, and then been torn apart before her eyes by the inhabitants of... whatever planet they'd been on. She didn't remember, and the mind healers said it wouldn't hurt her not to know. In spite of all she had tried to do, there were times when the grief was just too much.

:padawan?:

She stiffened slightly, still turned away from Master Jinn. He was kind enough to give her space. :Yes, Master.:

:Are you all right?:

:Yes, Master. Thank you.:

It was comforting to know that her current Master didn't see her as too much of a distraction, even if he was on the Council. She took a deep breath, and turned back to face her duty again. "I'm sorry, Master Jinn."

"I understand," he said, and there was enough empathy in his voice that she knew he did. In their line of work, almost everyone had lost a cherished friend.

Clearing her throat - she hadn't expected that to happen, and hadn

11. Cicci

Jul 16, 2002
    Wow, Jill! What a post. It was excellent.

Tell me you didn't try to get rid of your Master at least once when you were a Padawan."

"Once a month, at least, and sometimes more often,"

Wonderful interaction there!

12. Just_Jill

Just_Jill Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2002
    [face_blush]

Thanks, Cicci. I'm glad you liked it.

Just Jill

13. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Master_Dar_Sala-at Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    OMG! THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!

14. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I'm not sure, Master, but I believe Travina will be...

See that me..WHOO....I was mentioned in Jill's post...WHOOO!!!!

BTW Jill that was a great little post..leaves the rest of us a high standard to follow...but its cool...

:)

Good job once again and thanks for mentioning me..WHOO!!

PT

15. dparis

May 21, 2002
    so it seems I've been deemed Response Girl....Though, since, most of you are writing in this, respond freely...

Aunecah - That was a CK idea, I must admit. We couldn't help it.

Cicci - Now where would you get the idea I'm implying anything...it is kinda weird watching the OS; it just doesn't seem like old Ben and young Obi-Wan are supposed to be the same...eh. i should think less often.

Felica - Welcome...Welcome..Now run away before you get hurt. This thing might get scary...;)

Meanwhile, I'm working another joint post, so it could get up early..who knows.

Get ready, MNP...

16. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    *rubbing hands together and grinning wildly*

Yes, Master_Neos_Padawan, get ready....

And have a blast with this!

Just Jill

17. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! [face_jumping up and down with joy] It's begun!!!!!

:D That was a great post Jill. :D

18. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Hey, all, Question for you.

Would anyone mind if I downloaded the posts of the story and put them up on my own web site? This is going to be great fun, and I'd really like to. Would all authors please let me know, either here or in a PM - if even one says no, I won't do it.

And Flashbacca, thanks, [face_blush]

Just Jill

19. dparis

May 21, 2002
    As for me, I don't mind.

-_dparis

20. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    No problem with me Just_Jill :D

21. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Donkey Shorts to both of you.

*bows low*

Just Jill

22. Master_Jador

Master_Jador Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2002
    I love how this story is going! Great work all!

BTW, Just Jill, I have no problem with you putting the story on your website. That's fine with me!

23. Cicci

Jul 16, 2002
    Putting this on your website is fine with me, Jill!

24. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Fine by me too.....if you don't think it will scare anyone (no guarantees on my writing :p I do better tearing things up [face_laugh])

25. Just_Jill

Jul 17, 2002
    Donkey Shorts to you all!

*bows low*

Just Jill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.