main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Surprise!!! H/L Luke, Chewie... etc. Completed on 2/22/04 - replies to comments 6/2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Those critters are dead.

And what does Luke need a saber for ?

cant he just use the force to knock all of them back ?

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Another cliffie. things don't look good for our heroes.

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    _3MD_PsychoSniper - cant he just use the force to knock all of them back ? - hmm. I am going to give a very lengthy reply here, and you probably won't agree with me, but here goes.

I have never cared much for the EU authors version of the Force creating people/beings so powerful, the they are literally SuperPeople. I never thought George Lucas meant for the Force to make people so strong that they could use their minds to push StarDestroyers out of orbit, and millions of miles into deep space, like one book did! If that were true, one or two Sith's could never have wiped out ALL the Jedi. And why would Vader have even needed to get into a Tie Fighter over the Death Star? He could have just sat inside the DeathStar and crushed each X-Wing with his mind! And why did Yoda and Obi-Wan hide from Vader, if they were so powerful? Obi-Wan was in the prime of his life when Luke was born. Shouldn't he and Yoda have taken on Vader if the Force was so powerful? Surely their combined powers could have defeated Vader and then Palpatine. So anyway, whether my version of the Force is right or wrong, I will never make Luke that powerful. I have always liked the Luke of the movies, and most of the books leave me cold. But that is true with Han and Leia in many of the EU books, too. In my stories, Luke will always be far more human that Superman. And that goes for his emotions, as well as his powers. I imagine a lot of readers will disagree with me. I hope you keep reading anyway, 3MD! And I hope I have not offended all you Luke fans. (looks at RebelMom, Kayladie97, and Jedi-2B)

Luke is going to get into yet another sticky situation in this story, too! (if he avoided it by using the Force, that would be soooo boring..) [face_devil]

RebelMom - Another cliffie. things don't look good for our heroes. - Not at this point... :D

4. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
  5. GrandAdmiralKyrrona

GrandAdmiralKyrrona Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Finally, a Luke version that I like... bloody pink boards... *smacks forum operators* PUT IT BACK TO OUR NICE NORMAL GREY!!!

6. StarForce

StarForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    Evil Wookiee. Enslaving other Wookiees and keeping Han as a "pet" (more like a slave too) is not very nice!

Uh oh! Luke, Chewie, and Lowie are in trouble. Maybe Trylaccakk is hunting for a Vrayayyshu and will (unknowingly and unwillingly) save them? Hopefully?

And I agree with you about the Force. It's so much more interesting when the Force can't solve everything in two seconds and we actually get to see the characters' skills.

Great Posts!

7. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Things aren't looking good for anyone in this story. It should be good reading to find out how our heroes get themselves out of this mess. And, I agree with you GreatOne that nobody should be all-powerful in the Star Wars galaxy. Only Mother Nature rules!

8. JainaPadmeJade

JainaPadmeJade Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 20, 2002
    oh no!!

those animals dont sound good

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nope, it definitely doesn't look good for anyone.

Great post!

10. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    A-Windsor - Lots of uh oh's in this story! :)

GrandAdmiralKyrrona - I'm glad you like my version of Luke! And I don't like this pink background either.... LOL!

StarForce - Yes, evil Wookiee is treating Han like a slave! :(

Solo_Fan - Only Mother Nature rules! - Yup! :D It's just like Mother Nature to drop a branch on Han and knock him off that boardwalk! :D :D

JainaPadmeJade - those animals dont sound good - Think of them like Kashyyyk's version of buffalo.... they aren't evil, but there are LOTS of them in a big, rampaging herd!

HanSolo29 - hehe. And things get worse, too! [face_devil]

11. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
  12. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    My poor Lukie!! Poor, falling, in-big-trouble Lukie!!

Oh, yeah, poor Han, too. :p

This story is kind of taking on a life of its own, I take it? Well, that's good, more great stuff for us to read! :D

Actually, I think any Luke fan would probably agree with you, GreatOne. I certainly don't want Luke to be able to get out of any jam with just a nudge from the Force...how utterly boring. And Luke was a rebel operative who went on many missions BEFORE he became a Jedi, so we know he's a smart guy! ;)

Here's hoping that Chewie and Lowie don't have TWO rescue missions to go on now!

Can't wait for more!

:) :) :)

13. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Good post, its was well written.

now for debate :D

I have never cared much for the EU authors version of the Force creating people/beings so powerful, the they are literally SuperPeople. I never thought George Lucas meant for the Force to make people so strong that they could use their minds to push StarDestroyers out of orbit, and millions of miles into deep space, like one book did! If that were true, one or two Sith's could never have wiped out ALL the Jedi.

it wasnt just one or two sith, they had other Dark Jedi working with them (Kam Solusar is one example)

and a single jedi didnt push that fleet away, a gruop of them did, and the one doing it died in the process.

and I didnt mean a use of power that massive, remember in the begining of EP1 when Obiwan used the force to slam back the droids......

And why would Vader have even needed to get into a Tie Fighter over the Death Star? He could have just sat inside the DeathStar and crushed each X-Wing with his mind!

He had that power, but they were not perceived as a threat, and Vader has been a pilot his whole life.

he went flying for the fun of it.

And why did Yoda and Obi-Wan hide from Vader, if they were so powerful? Obi-Wan was in the prime of his life when Luke was born. Shouldn't he and Yoda have taken on Vader if the Force was so powerful? Surely their combined powers could have defeated Vader and then Palpatine.

it wasnt just ader and palps. they had other Dark Jedi working for them, and as for why they hide, we wont find out til episode 3.

So anyway, whether my version of the Force is right or wrong, I will never make Luke that powerful. I have always liked the Luke of the movies, and most of the books leave me cold. But that is true with Han and Leia in many of the EU books, too. In my stories, Luke will always be far more human that Superman. And that goes for his emotions, as well as his powers. I imagine a lot of readers will disagree with me. I hope you keep reading anyway, 3MD! And I hope I have not offended all you Luke fans. (looks at RebelMom, Kayladie97, and Jedi-2B)

no, U havent offended me, and I agree that Luke WOULDNT use those powers. (although I think he has them)

thats the thing for lightsiders, they avoid use of the force, when not nessacary. (to varying degres, depending on the person)

14. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great postie!! :)

15. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    Your so good at updating! Great post.

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I see you are branching into Luke torture now. Make it better now.

I agree with Kayladie. You are doing just fine with Luke.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This keeps getting better and better. Now Luke is in for it! [face_devil]

Great post!

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    And I hope I have not offended all you Luke fans. (looks at RebelMom, Kayladie97, and Jedi-2B)

Nope, not at all! I'd much rather read about Luke doing ordinary things than superhuman impossible stunts. Although I did wonder how a vine that held Lowie's weight would then break under Luke's. Lowie weakened it? ;)

Poor Han. I hope those big beasts that charged by aren't what that crazed Wookiee is hunting!

19. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I've been so bad about posting. :-X Sorry.
    I'm really eager to see how Leia will react. lol. That's what I'm most looking forward to with this. Luke and Chewie are SO gonna get it.

20. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    kayladie97 - Luke IS in big trouble... hehehehe. And that is the reason I never have Luke using the Force excessively.. BORING! :D

_3MD_PsychoSniper - I think we are going to have to agree to disagree... I don't believe the Force is as completely powerful as the EU authors have made it. Why didn't Vader sense Han coming over the Death Star? And when Han shot Vader's Tie, why didn't Vader use the Force THEN to crush Luke's X-Wing and the Falcon? It wasn't like he was unconscious. I don't know too much about Ep 1 or Ep 2, so I can't argue with you there. I have only seen each movie one time. (can you tell I favor the OT?) I think the EU authors have made the Jedi TOO powerful, so now they have to invent ways to "neutralize" it, like the Yaslamiri (sp), and the Vong. Thank you for reading!! :) :)

LaYa - Thanks!! :D

starsailor721 - I try to update everyday! Thanks for reading. :)

RebelMom -I see you are branching into Luke torture now - hehehe [face_devil]

HanSolo29 - Now Luke is in for it! - What?? - *face innocent* - You don't think Luke will like visiting a big, hairy, spider?

Jedi-2B - Although I did wonder how a vine that held Lowie's weight would then break under Luke's. Lowie weakened it? - Oh... sometimes things just let loose... vines, big old branches.... LOL!

RogueSticks - Luke and Chewie are SO gonna get it. - After everything they're going through to save Han??? :eek: (and Luke isn't going to admit anything!! ;) )

21. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    uh oh.......................................................................

22. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Luke spider food. Thats not good, seeing as though Han is bait for another animal as well. No wonder the Wookies live so far up. It's hell down there!

23. StarForce

StarForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    While I feel sorry for them, it's also funny.

How in all the hells of Corellia do I get myself into these messes? Han wondered wearily.
    It's just that luck you keep bragging about Han. :D

It seems that Luke and Han are in similar positions. At least they've got Wookiees to help them, although Luke's are far more caring. But then, he's in a spider-web. (I really hate spiders, especially ones bigger than Banthas).

Can't wait for more!!

24. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    A-Windsor - LOL!! UH OH!

starwarsfan68 - No wonder the Wookies live so far up. It's hell down there! - :D For sure! I would hate it too ... ;)

StarForce - While I feel sorry for them, it's also funny. - Ha! You only think it's funny because I'm not an evil author who kills off characters.... Now if this was RogueSticks or LP, you'd be worried! :p

25. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.