main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Surprise Is Everything--H/L One Shot--Old post resurrected, written for First Sentence Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leiamoody, Jun 22, 2006.

1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    This was originally written for the First Sentence Challenge. This is the edited version stripped of the original sentence and the one which now appears at FF.N.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Just what are you doing?" she whispered, trying to squirm out of his embrace.

"I didn't intend for it to happen," he whispered back. But he wasn't about to let her get out of his arms.

"Well, since it wasn't your intention to have me trapped like a gorli in a snare, perhaps you could be so kind as to release me from your clutches." She struggled to get away from him.

"Hey, I'm not gonna bite," he replied, trying to pull her closer.

"I should hope not. You wouldn't have your teeth for very long if you tried it." A strand of hair came loose from her tightly bound bun at the back of her head. "Now see what you've done! My hair's coming apart!"

"Sorry, but I can't see anything when the lights are out."

He brought one hand up to reach behind her left ear. His fingertips brushed against the free strand of hair. Even though the room they were standing in happened to be swathed in darkness at the moment, he had seen her hair enough times over the last three years to know that the refugee strand would be brown, intertwined with vague hints of auburn. If they were standing outside, on some world where the air was warm and the sun hung high and bright in the sky, she might let her hair go free from its constant bonds. If she did, he knew it would shine like newly polished avate. Something he desperately wanted to see...although he knew
    that she would never let anyone, least of all him, see her hair completely unbound.

"Let go of me," she said, putting her right hand on his arm and pulling it away from her body. She attempted to do the same with his left hand, but he used his other hand to grab her wrist.

"Quit it. I'm not trying to hurt you, for Eternity's sake," he said with a slight tone of anger. Just what kind of guy did she think he was? Some back alley punk who did whatever he wanted with women, and did it through force?

She attempted to pull her wrist out of his grip. But he was holding on tight. Not a violent grip, but a determined one.

"I've waited for this moment," he said. "Do you have any idea what it's been like being around all this time, and keeping myself from acting on what I've felt? You sure know how to drive a guy crazy. You don't have to do anything but stand there."

"I'm sorry, Captain. I never mean to make anyone lose their sanity." She stopped struggling. "Although I might suggest you deal with the matter by seeing one of the counselors on base. They're very good at ridding people of any mental tortures that might be bothering them."

"Oh, you aren't a mental torture. Sure, thinking about you keeps me awake at night sometimes, but what's gone through my head's never been torture to me."

She shifted a little, moving backwards a little to put some space between them, but did not try to pull away from him entirely. "Should I be flattered by that statement?" Her voice held a definite tone of indignation, yet underneath of that, he could clearly tell there was a softer emotion trying to get through.

He wondered if now might be the time to take a chance and do one of those many things that had run through his mind.

Han stepped forward.

She did not back away from his advance. Instead, she completely surprised him by edging forward slowly.

"You haven't answered my question," she said softly.

He was so close to her face...a few more inches, and he'd hit the target. "I was just getting around to that," he responded. Closer he came to his intended mark...one millinch to go...

Both Han and Leia blinked at the sudden onslaught of light.

"Well, would you look at that," a voice said from the group of beings gathered at the door. It sounded distinctly like Wedge Antilles, but Han was rather too slightly caught off guard to definitely know for certain who made the comment.

The princess recovered more quickly, since she was able to push Han away with one hand. Then she backed away from him, putting a wide expanse of personal space between the both of them.

"Captain Solo, we recently found out that you were born on this day. So we decided to give you a surprise celebration," she said, pushing the still-loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Han stared at her, then turned his head to give the group at the door an equal appraisal. Some surprise!

He noticed Luke at the head of the assembled personages. The kid had a smirk on his face that irritated the hells out of him. Someone was gonna have to pay for that little gesture later. But for now...

Han finally recovered his composure. He gave the princess one of his famous and patented grins. "Well, Your Highness, let's get this party rolling, shall we?"

teamhansolo, Gemma and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! That is most certainly Han!

He brought one hand up to reach behind her left ear. His fingertips brushed against the free strand of hair. Even though the room they were standing in happened to be swathed in darkness at the moment, he had seen her hair enough times over the last three years to know that the refugee strand would be brown, intertwined with vague hints of auburn. If they were standing outside, on some world where the air was warm and the sun hung high and bright in the sky, she might let her hair go free from its constant bonds. If she did, he knew it would shine like newly polished avate. Something he desperately wanted to see?although he knew that she would never let anyone, least of all him, see her hair completely unbound.

This passage here was so telling, that Han knew exactly what her hair would look like even though he couldn't see it at the moment. [face_love]

Beautiful =D=

teamhansolo and Gemma like this.
  3. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    I think I read this a while ago at FFN, but terrible me I didn't comment....

So I will now! Funny. I just love little scenarios where H/L are thrown together. You know deep down inside she really likes it.....

Gemma likes this.
  4. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    H/L [face_love] Always a classic...

I love the way you worked the sentence in there!

Gemma likes this.
  5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    This was originally written for the First Sentence Challenge a couple of months ago. But unlike some of my other responses, this actually qualifies as a stand-alone piece.

That's no true there missy. I've enjoyed all your First Sentence Challenge entries. They can stand on their own IMO.

As for this, again my favorite part is how you took the sentence and broke it up to ease into the viggie.

And poor Han. Just as he was getting to her the lights went on. [face_laugh]

Great job. =D=

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, I wanted to see them kiss!!! Darn!!! :p :p

That was quite nice leiamoody.

Gemma likes this.
  7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Loved it there, and love it here! Nice work, such fun to have Leia in on the surprise like that!

Gemma likes this.
  8. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    They always get interrupted! :mad:

LOved the story though.[face_love]

Gemma likes this.
  9. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I've got a couple of Han and Leia fics I wrote back in the day that need to see the light of the latest day...this one, for example, rises to the surface...;)

Gemma likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEE! Wonderful Han/Leia snark and almost-happened dynamics, - they just turned the light on too early! [face_rofl] =D= Thanks for sharing! [face_love]

Gemma and leiamoody like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I am going through everything you ever posted and since I still need to read two of the more demanding stories, you are making it harder for me with all these bumpity bumps, because I always have this fear that you will delete things. Then again, this one has a far wider target audience...not that there is anything wrong with that. :p

Anyway, was this inspired by Hardware Wars in any way? The Muppet thing that is supposed to be Chewbacca does bite the bun off the Princess Anne Droid's head...but as far as I can remember, it's an actual cinnamon bun. XD

Love the twist ending, too! And since Leia had a special hairstyle, she TOTALLY KNEW ABOUT THE BIRTHDAY PARTY.

leiamoody likes this.
  12. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Thanks for reading...and now for replies. :D

I imagine the first three years of their interactions with each other (until that kiss on the Falcon) were "almost-happened" situations, and interruptions were probably the norm. Poor them. :p It probably could serve as its own saga. ;)

So I should stop writing or upping old stories until the 84th century? I didn't plan on hanging around that long. o_O (And those two demanding stories are just the beginning...there are other demanding stories I haven't even written yet, mwahahaha).

No, I don't recall this story being based on Hardware Wars. I would've included a toaster that shot lasers otherwise...oh, and Leia did obviously know about the birthday party, because I think she planned it (personal opinion, she never told me for sure).

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, well, that's one way to get him to a surprise party. I enjoyed this quite a lot.

leiamoody and Gemma like this.
  14. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This was great - I wanted to see them kiss. If you've got more H/L - please post it here.@};-

leiamoody and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Thanks for these newest replies. :D

It was less obvious than sending an invitation droid. :p

Kissing might have been interesting, but I set this story in the three years between ANH and ESB, and my headcanon says there was no smooching until the Falcon and the asteroid. But that's just my view, so...

I do have a few more older fics to post, and will do so eventually. :)

16. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Excellent! =D= Loved the interplay between Han and Leia.

17. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Thank you. :D

18. Kat-Arva

Kat-Arva Jedi Padawan

Apr 7, 2013
    Have been looking for a nice H/L fic and there I find it! That's a delicious piece and I've got plenty of pleasure reading it. That almost-happening situation with Han admitting his affection and the surprise party... Thank you for that.=D=