main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Survival :: A Novel of the Purge -- Updated with Chapter One

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EagleIFilms, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Title: Survival
    Summary: A Novel of a Jedi's fight to survive during the Great Jedi Purge
    Category: After Ep III, as in-universe as I can make it
    Date Started: March 20th, 2003
    Author: EagleIFilms
    Notes: I will try and update this as often as I can, at least once every other day.

Prologue

He dropped into the cockpit of his ship, heart racing.

She darted forward, her lightsaber a flash of blue light.

With a whir the ship came to power, and with the skill of one who has performed the same task countless times, he set it into motion.

Droid after droid crashed, split into so many pieces onto the ground. After a flourishing whirl, she surveyed the damage. Ten. Good. But there were more. She felt the Force guide her arms and legs in perfect harmony, her mind detached from the task at hand.

Above the plaza, he looked below. She was skillful; there was no doubt of that. But no matter. He softly chuckled. Placing his war-roughened finger on a single button on his console, he pressed.

The roar of the ship above could not distract Sasha from her quarry, but neither could it help her. Who it was in the ship, she could only imagine. But there was no time to stand around guessing about irrelevant details. She sliced another droid through its midsection, then leapt upwards, higher than any human could, flipped her body ever so gracefully, and dropped behind the five, maybe 7 in the squad, her arms and legs deftly absorbing the force of the fall. She turned her head towards the droids, and just then, just for a moment, time seemed to slow to a crawl, and then the force of many gigantic blasts sent her flying upwards into the air, as if weightless, until she crashed into the ground once again, with no graceful limbs absorbing the crash.

The thermal detonators he had implanted into his robotic soldiers had done their job. The blasts from all around the Jedi had rendered her helpless, even with those powers she possessed. A pity, though, that so much beauty had gone to waste on a lawless, anti-Republican Jedi as she was. That thought distracted him for long enough.

Her body, though almost broken, was not defeated. She looked up at the still hovering ship, and felt the evil emanating from it. This was the bounty hunter. Focusing with all her mind power, she conjured up enough strength. Yes, she could do it. Activating her lightsaber again, she leaped high, high in the air, and with pinprick precision, she sliced through the hover pad cables on the bottom of the ship, then dropped down, down to the plaza floor once more.

He felt his ship lurch, then the loud bleeping of the warning klaxons, and then his ship dropped, as if the floor beneath it had been ripped away.

The ship exploded in front of her with a mighty roar, metal and fire and gasses flying upward and outward. Sasha breathed a sigh of relief. Another day, another attempt at her life, but she was triumphant.

To be continued...

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Great work there, Eaglet. I like how you give the suspense and insight into Sasha's character. I can't wait to see more "attempts on her life"...

This is kickin'.

More, please? :)

3. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Finally, some good work done on this time period!

Great work :)

-~Aanix~-

4. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Thanks for the kind words. :)

Now, don't get spoiled by how fast this update was put up, I just had a lot of time today. :) Expect another one tomorrow or Saturday.

One

Taceria. From space, it looked like a brown, desolate planet, with little splashes of blue sprinkled here and there. But that is not how Jedi Knight Sasha K?Preel saw the planet now. On the surface, in the main city of Tacentia, Sasha stood, motionless.

The plaza was empty of Tacerians at this point, the sudden battle had sent them scampering. The final echoing from the explosion had finally subsided, and Sasha could hear nothing but the wind, blowing slowly through the city. Her long, black hair waved ever so slightly, and she slowly breathed in, and out.

What had brought her to this place? The Great War to end all wars was still raging, on other planets than this, Jedi after Jedi being killed. But the Great Purge, as it was being called on the Holonet, was just beginning. After the Chancellor?s order that the Jedi be hunted and destroyed, it seemed that everyone had become a Jedi hunter. Today?s bounty hunter was just one of many she had met in battle. They had, however, gotten smarter about trapping her.

The early attempts had been futile, almost humourous in their colossal failures. Eager bounty hunters, unfamiliar with the prowess of the Jedi, had simply confronted their quarry with a blaster in hand. But lately, they had gotten smarter. Maybe it was survival of the fittest, and thus only the smarter hunters had made it this far. Or maybe it was, as Sasha believed, that there was a growing pool of the scum working together, sharing information, and the money they got from their escapades.

Either way, Sasha didn?t like being hunted. She mused on this as she climbed into her starfighter. When was the last time she?d done real good in the galaxy, rather than just running from yet another bounty hunter getting near. She was one whose job it was to enforce the law, yet she was being chased like a common criminal. She sighed. She had to hide everywhere she went, concealing her lightsaber, for the very sight of one would make half the populace run in fear, and the other half gang up on her in malice and hatred.

Lifting off from the surface of the planet, Sasha saw the inhabitants slowly moving back into the plaza, shouting after her like she was some fleeing criminal. Some of the police force even shot their handguns at the ship, but then realized the futility of the act, and stopped.

Shaking her head once more at how backwards it all was, she set the starfighter on autopilot, and let herself drift off to sleep.

to be continued...

5. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I love the background you're setting up here, Eaglet. Everything is just so amazing. You almost get to the point where you don't want her to sleep; almost as if you know something's going to happen.

More? :)

6. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    I love this character, she's very straight forward and precise... and the way you describe action is impeccable, it's clean and accurate. Well done :)

-~Aanix~-

7. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    Great intro to the story so far. I enjoyed the background information and exciting fight in the opening. Is there a set date to the story, or is it just roughly around the time between Episode 3 and 4? I want to read more, this story seems to be going somewhere great!

8. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Is there a set date to the story, or is it just roughly around the time between Episode 3 and 4?

Since I don't know a whole lot about what happens in that time period, I'm just going to say that when we finally find out when the Jedi Purge starts, this is a couple months after that. :)

More to come tomorrow, hopefully!

?Eaglet

9. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Very nice, Eagle. Cathy would be proud.

I'm sorry! I had to say it! :p

10. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *giggles at Cathy comment*

Anywho . . . :p Very nice story you have here. I like the way you write, and there aren't many stories set during this time-period, so I'm looking forward to more.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.