main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Surviving a Hoth Blizzard (ESB, OT, drama,vignette) Han and Luke await rescue in emergency shelter

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dancing_star, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Title: Surviving a Hoth Blizzard
    Time Frame: during ESB
    Characters: Han, Luke
    Summary: Han and Luke fight to survive the night on Hoth in an emergency shelter.
    Disclaimer: George Lucas owns all. I also borrowed some lines from the ESB Radio Drama by Brain Daley.

This is my first fan fic. [face_worried] I hope you enjoy it. The movie never showed what happened that night -how our favorite characters braved that bitter Hoth storm. Anyway, I've always been interested in that scene, and not much attention has been given to it, so I thought I'd give it a try and write it like it might have happened.

Enjoy!:)

Time: right after Han had got the shelter up

Han rubbed at Luke?s arm. ?Hold still Luke,? he instructed the barely conscious youth. ?I?ve gotta give you a stimshot,?

Luke was unresponsive, except for a small whimper.

?I know kid.? Han put a bandage on Luke?s arm and rolled back down his sleeve. ?There. That should take hold and bring you around in a second or two.?

He picked up his comlink and turned it on, hoping and praying that somehow it would magically work this time, though he?d already tried it twice before. They were too far out of range, he knew, but Han Solo wasn?t the type to just give up.

?Hoth Base, this is Solo. Command center, I don?t know if you can read me, but I?ve got Luke.? He looked at the youth, who was beginning to stir. ?He?s alive, but my Tauntaun?s down for good. We?re in an emergency shelter, do you copy? The storm?s gettin? pretty bad. Just come for us as soon as you can. I?ve got the homing beacon on.? He turned it off and focused his attention back on Luke.

The kid was beginning to come around. Han took his hand and held it.

Luke opened his eyes, looked at him dazed. ?Han?? he asked hoarsely.

?Hey pal,? Han said gently. ?Take it easy now.?

Luke looked thoroughly confused and frightened.

?I found you kid. You?re safe now,? he assured the youth, putting his hand on his forehead. ?Settle down kid. What?s the last thing you can remember??

Luke, shivering, fought to think back; everything was all still a blur. ?I remember Ben,? he managed.

?Ben?? Han asked. ?You mean Ben Kenobi??

?Yeah,? Luke went on. ?I saw him. He said I should go to Dagobah and, and learn from Yoda,? he said shakily,

Han was both perplexed and concerned by the youth?s gibberish.

?Take it easy, kid. It was probably just a dream.? He took the pillow beside him and set it on his lap, then gently moved Luke so he could rest his head on it.

Luke just lay quiet for a moment, soothed by Han?s comforting touch and presence.

Han held him protectively and stroked his forehead, watching the youth calm down visibly.

?Where are we?? Luke asked quietly.

?Emergency shelter, north side of the glacier field,? Han told him.

?Are we gonna have to stay here all night??

?Yeah pal, it looks like it.? Han glanced around, hoping the shelter would hold up that long. When he looked back down at Luke, the kid had his eyes closed.

?Luke, you can?t go to sleep,? he said, an edge of worry in his voice.

Luke opened his eyes, drowsy. ?But I?m so tired.?

?I know kid. You can sleep all you want tomorrow, but tonight you?ve got to stay awake for me, you hear??

Luke nodded, not understanding exactly why he couldn?t go to sleep, but wanting to listen to Han because he trusted him.

?What happened to your face, kid? How?d you get hurt?? Han asked, trying to keep him talking.

?A wampa ice creature,? Luke said. ?I think it killed my Tauntaun too?

At least the kid?s memory was okay. ?How very rude, as Threepio would say,? Han mimicked Threepio?s voice when he spoke, got Luke to smile a little.

?Wasn?t a very fair fight was it? Those wampas are twice your size.?

?I got him back though,? Luke said, a little proudly.

?You did?? Han was amused. ?What?d you do??

?Cut off its arm,? Luke replied m

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nicely done! You certainly captured their personalities quite well! =D=

3. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Thank you very much! That means alot to me! [:D]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice.

I loved see the protective, caring side of Han come out.

Great job of capturing both characters.

=D==D==D==D=

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Sweet. I love the Han/Luke friendship. :)

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?Luke, you can?t go to sleep,? he said, an edge of worry in his voice.

Luke opened his eyes, drowsy. ?But I?m so tired.?

?I know kid. You can sleep all you want tomorrow, but tonight you?ve got to stay awake for me, you hear??

Luke nodded, not understanding exactly why he couldn?t go to sleep, but wanting to listen to Han because he trusted him.

?What happened to your face, kid? How?d you get hurt?? Han asked, trying to keep him talking.

?A wampa ice creature,? Luke said. ?I think it killed my Tauntaun too?

At least the kid?s memory was okay. ?How very rude, as Threepio would say,? Han mimicked Threepio?s voice when he spoke, got Luke to smile a little.

?Wasn?t a very fair fight was it? Those wampas are twice your size.?

?I got him back though,? Luke said, a little proudly.

?You did?? Han was amused. ?What?d you do??

?Cut off its arm,? Luke replied matter-of-factly. Joking about the situation made it seem a little less scary.

Han laughed. ?Well, way to go kid. I?ll bet he learned his lesson then.?

I think you captured them very well - nice banter and a nice missing moment.

7. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Thanks so much! :D Your comments are greatly appreciated.
    Han is tough on the outside, but when it comes to his best friends he can be such a softie ;)

8. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Thanks! Me too. :)

9. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Valairy_Scot: I think you captured them very well - nice banter and a nice missing moment.

Thanks so much! :) I'm glad to hear that I got their characters right! [face_dancing]

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Aww!! Yumness!! =D=
    Luke was so vulnerable and Han was so ... ooh!!!! Just wanted to :* :* :* em both all over!! :D :)
    Woot!!! Thanks for sharing this with us. :D :)

11. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    You're very welcome! :) And thank you for the nice comments. Glad you liked it! :D [:D]

12. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I loved every moment of this dancing_star, the characterization and the interaction between Han and Luke was nothing less then perfect, and Han's overview of the situation, gorgeous.

Well done and congratulations on a brilliant vignette. =D=

13. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Aw, thank you so much! [:D] :D Your comments made my day! :)

14. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Hey! I usually don't come around the Saga often but after finishing "Sink or Swim" I had to find out if you wrote anything else. You have this amazing talent for picking up on cool little titbits and details that most of us (at least I) never think about while watching the movies. I honestly never really thought about the cold night the two would have had to spend together in the storm. Your characters are so realistic and work togther wonderfully. I can't wait to see another fic by you!!!:)

15. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Thank you so much! [:D] You made me happy! [face_dancing]
    I'll try to post more stories soon if I can think of any ideas. [face_thinking] :)

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwwww that was so sweet, you captured their personalities well! For a first fanfic, that's definitely a very good job! =D=

17. Ewok-Kenobi

Ewok-Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2006
    great story.
    how about doing one about anakins feeling as he killed the younglings ect.
    (im into purge ATM)
    and if you dont do PT, then do chewies feelings after han was frozen in carbonite and taken by boba fett.
    oh, and pm me if you do either.
    Ewok out.

18. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Thank you so much! [:D] Your comments mean a lot to me. :)

19. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Ewok-Kenobi: great story.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :)

how about doing one about anakins feeling as he killed the younglings ect.
    (im into purge ATM)
    and if you dont do PT, then do chewies feelings after han was frozen in carbonite and taken by boba fett.

Hmm... [face_thinking] Think about this I will. ;) Thanks for the ideas.

oh, and pm me if you do either.

Okay. :)

20. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    hey hi there

great missing scene!

well done and quite interesting

hope you keep at it... fanfic that is

epithree

21. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Thank you so much! [:D] You made my day! [face_dancing]

22. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    hey hi there

no problem!

epithree

23. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    That was one long night! =D=

24. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Can't believe I missed this! Great story! You've got the characters down very well. Dialogue is very sweet and believable. Nice to see you reference such obscure characters as Dewlanna. =D=

Keep writing fanfic, it seems you got a knack for it! I'll be looking out for your stories! :)

25. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Chewie-Fan: That was one long night! =D=
    Yes it was. :) Thanks so much for reading and for your comments! :D

Darth Muis: Can't believe I missed this! Great story! You've got the characters down very well. Dialogue is very sweet and believable. Nice to see you reference such obscure characters as Dewlanna.

Keep writing fanfic, it seems you got a knack for it! I'll be looking out for your stories!

Thank you so much! [:D] Your comments brightened my day. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.