main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Survivor -- 2 years after ROTS -- OC/Yoda... and others I haven't decided upon yet. Prologue up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kyeinisjames, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyeinisjames

kyeinisjames Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2007
    Title: Survivor
    Author: kyeinisjames aka James Daniel Spears
    Timeframe: Two Years after Revenge of the Sith
    Genre: Memoir/Adventure
    Summary: Two years after Revenge of the Sith, a former Jedi Knight, branded a coward, begins finding that heroes come from the most unlikely situations.

-----
    Dramatis Personae
    (Characters will be added as they appear.)

Le'lorinal Iilan, Bothan male (former Jedi Knight)
    Yoda, unknown species male (Jedi Grand Master)

Prologue

From the Personal Journal of Le'lorinal Iilan

I don't enjoy being awake anymore. Not really.

All the cold sensations that shoot straight up my back when I touch the Force make me nauseous. I feel helpless... not that I haven't chosen to. Who would have though, Le'lorinal Iilan, Jedi Knight, would choose to live on some Force condemned ice ball in some hidden corner of the galaxy than fight against the new evil Empire. Hell, I decided this before the war was even over.

In Palpatine's Republic, desertion was as good as suicide. In his Empire, the silver hilt that still hangs on my belt like some kriffing joke is worse.

I've been a dead man since Boz Pity. I just keep on putting it off.

But I'll still say that leaving when I did was the best decision of my life. Thirty years I served an ideal that I didn't even sign up for. I served something that I could barely comprehend, simply because I could FEEL it. It's a fragging miracle that I was even chosen as a Padawan. Even a greater miracle that I was Knighted. And why? So I could stand on a battlefield with nothing but a set of robes and a single blade to defend me from the hail of blaster-fire? Kriff that.

"If the Force is your ally, not even a lightsaber would you need," Yoda would say. Silently, my response would be "You can shove your Force up your little green butt."

This was of course the same day a boy ran up to me on the Coruscant street and told me how much he wanted to be a Jedi. It was all I could do not to hand him my lightsaber and say "Have at it kid. You wanna go risk your butt on the front lines, I won't stop you." Nobility is a load of Bantha manure. I'd rather kriffing survive than fight for a galaxy that doesn't even want my help.

It's not that I'm a coward, or anything like that. Hell, if you're listening to this, you probably think that those thirty years of Jedi training were wasted on me. All that Republic-funded training, paid for by your tax credits, were completely put down the drain when it came to me. I dare you to see what I saw and not turn tail and hijack the nearest starfighter and get your butt the kriff out of there. You wouldn't even bat an eye. Especially if you were a Knight that probably should have been shipped off to AgriCorps. Especially if the other younglings used to laugh at your lightsaber technique when you were five fragging years old.

Yeah, I want to hear your noble "A Jedi's life is service" shavit.

My life is survival.

I'd love to get feedback, suggestions, etc.

In case you didn't guess this is going to be Shatterpoint-esque, along with a healthy dash of Chuck Palahniuk's writing tossed in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.