main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Survivor 25 - Philippines

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Russ, yelling at God, and calling Probst "Lord" isn't the greatest strategy.

2. cipe

cipe Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    No eye candy on the jury then. :(

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    There's still RC and Abi-Maria, potentially.

4. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    So did Jeff Kent play baseball?

5. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    That was a cluster****. Malcolm made a good move with his bluff. Lisa was correct to think about who she should go to the end with, but she tried to make her big move several days too early. I was initially surprised and disappointed Skupin was the fifth vote that got Kent out, but then I realized he's a returnee and Kent wanted him gone right after Penner. And, of course, Skupin has to be loyal to his only ally, Lisa, who was voting Kent. Abi is a terrible combination: big mouth, tiny brain. And Pete thinks too highly of himself. Mastermind? Yeah ****ing right, keep telling yourself that, Petey.

6. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    OMG. Since the merge, and especially after the last two episodes, this season has leaped up into amazing territory. Let's hope it stays there.

Skuper Duper!

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well then, I liked all the final 4. And the top 3 did the sensible thing in voting out who they did.

I think Penner's speech revealing Lisa's past cost her $1,000,000. Or at least $900,000.

Good season, but not great. Next up, Fans v Favourites. Lisa coming back, you think?

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    25? Holy crap.

9. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the only 2 in the final 4 impacted by who got voted out were Malcolm and Denise. I don't think Skupin and Lisa had a chance. Interesting that Denise would have bet Malcolm (at least according to the jury at the reunion show).

I hope to god that I never hear Lisa talk again. I couldn't wait for her to shut the hell up. Doubt she'll be in F vs F since it was filmed back to back with the Philippines, IIRC (cost saving measure, I think).

Decent season though.

10. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    So, I always got the vibe that most of Tandang did not like Skupin very much and I wondered why. There was the goggle-shattering incident, of course. But I didn't think that was it and wondered all season long what CBS didn't show us. Artis finally spilled the beans on twitter:

[​IMG]

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    non-chalet, indeed.

12. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Unfortunately for Tandang, Skupin assured they would have a non-chalet.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Holy crap, I've never heard a grown man sound so much like a teenage girl writing a facebook rant about someone at school she doesn't like.

Seriously, even if the guy built something that fell down, 400lbs was not going to KILL someone. Artis just comes off as a bit nuts there tbh. That rant makes me understand more why they thought he was unpleasant than why he loathes Skupin so entirely.

And I liked that final four as well. I don't think there was any way anyone but Malcolm and Denise were going to win though, revelations about Lisa's past or not. I'm surprised she got one vote. She's sweet but totally unreliable and stabbed everyone in the back at some point, though out of wishy washyness instead of malice. Was really shocked she won fan fav over Malcolm.

But ultimately I think Denise deserved it the most. She and Malcolm were in the same boat, except she didn't have the advantage of being an attractive, charming, 24 year old man. Let's face it, most intelligent older women in this show get voted off early because people are threatened by them. And she was as physically fit and competitive in challenges as she could possibly have been. I like Malcolm too but I really admired what Denise did out there.

14. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    [face_laugh]

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So the favourites returning for season 26 have been leaked...

http://www.homorazzi.com/article/survivor-26-cast-spoilers-caramoan-fans-favorites-sequel/

Pictures and profiles at above link to jog your memory...

Erik Reichenbach, Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites
    Corinne Kaplan, Survivor Gabon
    Brenda Lowe, Survivor Nicaragua
    Andrea Boehlke, Survivor Redemption Island
    Francesca Hogi, Survivor Redemption Island
    Phillip Sheppard, Survivor Redemption Island
    John Cochran, Survivor South Pacific
    Brandon Hantz, Survivor South Pacific
    Dawn Meehan, Survivor South Pacific
    Malcolm Freberg, Survivor Philippines

16. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    So, pretty much, they're saving the big guns for the next All-Stars/HvV or whatever they call the next all-returnee cast.

And Malcolm, really? He was a good player, certainly, but I didn't find him all that memorable. I guess they had to bring someone from Philippines.

I also read that Francesca, a first-episode boot from her season, is only on the show b/c of Probst.

The two returnees I'm most excited about: Erik and Cochran.

17. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    Other than Malcolm, were any of these people actually favourites? i.e. in a good way.

So sick of the sight of members of the Hantz family on Survivor. And Cochran.

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Nah, most of those coming back are Villains, definitely not Favourites. They should do a returnees show where everyone was the first kicked out of their tribe.

I do like
    Andrea and Brenda
    though. Should be fun to watch.

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I may be in a minority, but I still love

Cochran

But as much fun as villains can be, I really didn't ever want to see

Phillip again. I think he might be the only certifiably insane person to be on this show. And to me that was more baffling, annoying, and sometimes a little sad than entertaining.

Also I hope Brandon is voted off first.

jp-30 likes this.
  20. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
  21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Lol.

Also, new, clean pink undies for Phillip. It's like he's respawned

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The best bit tonight was the preview of the Hantz freak out next week.

23. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
  24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Omgomgomgomg!!!!!!

25. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    What an idiot. lol