Amph Survivor 25 - Philippines

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    I've been waiting all day! GAAAAAH!
  2. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    Its recording on my DVR right now, can't wait to watch.
  3. Jose-Mourinho Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's possible it was an April Fools joke, solojones.
  4. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow Team Russell did it again. I really think the elimination of Rob is going to lose the Villains challenges. Hopefully the merge comes quick or the villains are going to fall apart.
  5. Jose-Mourinho Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I mean you have to hand it to Russell for going from 6-3 down to 5-2 up but man, they're going to get slaughtered in challenges. They just got rid of their to biggest physical threats and their only mental one. Russell's head is going to explode after getting rid of Rob.
  6. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    Just finished it! So I knew this would be an interesting one... was kinda hoping that the spoilers would be wrong and they'd get rid of Courtney instead, but ah well.

When you think about it, the elimination in this episode was the final result in a long process ever since Jerri got voted out in ASS, when Rob told Lex he'd take care of him if he kept Amber over one of his own. When Coach and Jerri had that discussion in the middle of the episode, and they talked about ASS, that's what they were talking about specifically.

edit: a poster at Sucks took the words from my mouth:

"If Rob wouldn't have been so focused on getting Russell booted, and ****ing listened to Coach, then Parvati would've been voted out no question. But instead, the vote becomes a pissing contest. Why in the hell would Coach force a tie? To hopefully swing Jerri back over? Coach made the right move, and if Rob wouldn't have campaigned for Russell, he'd still be there."

BTW, did anyone notice CBS edited out Rob's "suicide bomber" comment about Russell that was in the preview last week? I guess they did that b/c of the Moscow stuff.
  7. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Courtney was by far the right choice. [face_plain]
  8. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
  9. Jose-Mourinho Jedi Knight

star 3
    I missed a bit of the episode but from what I saw Parvati's name never came up. Coach only mentioned Courtney. Coach should have forced the tie. Sure, there's a chance that he could go home if they draw stones but he's got a lot better chance of going far in the game with Rob (especially with Rob in their tribe at challenges) than with Russell. He should have grown a pair.

Also, Russell telling Rob who they should vote off cracked me up.
  10. Coruscant Chosen One

star 7
    "One of these." :p

And he said it right to their faces! [face_laugh]
  11. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i haven't watched the episode yet but i was compelled to click on this thread. now i don't really want to watch the rest of the season. :(
  12. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    You gotta love Russell. :p
  13. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    I've got to say, I enjoy watching Russell even more each week. He won't win, but he's fun to watch.
  14. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    The best part of the latest episode is what Jeff says in the preview for next's week's show...

wow.

[face_laugh]
  15. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    These people are so stupid. They all seemed to be the ones who magically knew voting out Rob was a horrible choice, but were all completely complicit in it. They deserve to have the Villains tribe torn apart. And God help anyone who listens to JT on strategy. The Heroes might wind up being screwed, too, because they voted out the only smart person in their damn tribe (Tom).

Russell ceased to be amusing near the end of last season. I am thoroughly convinced the guy is an honest to God sociopath. I don't think he has any understanding of other people's feelings. It's why his social game is so awful. He's also terribly paranoid. He has to be the most insecure person to ever play this game.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  16. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    I know, he's great ain't he? :D
  17. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    QFT, he's my favorite survivor in a long time.
  18. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    *Internet Five*
  19. Dark_Lightning Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would have killed russell weeks ago and fed him to the wildlife.
  20. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    I loved to hate Russell late year, but at this point I just honestly think he has a mental disorder and this is only feeding that.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  21. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh]

22. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    But thats half the fun. He's so out there its fun. Plus you've got to admit he plays the politics game really well.
  23. Jose-Mourinho Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wasn't he also the one who thought that the heroes might think there is an all girls alliance if they voted off Coach. And given the fact that JT wants to give him the idol next week, he appears to have called that one.

I really hope he does get the idol, they vote off a girl, pretend that Russell used the idol to save himself, and then use Russell as a spy if they merge the following week. Have Russell find out who the heroes are voting for and then have Russell give that person the idol at tribal. That would be great tv.

Regardless of whether he wins or not, he has made his mark against the best. It just crushes the argument that he got far last time because he wasn't playing with strong people.
  24. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    I think he also hams everything up for the camera.
  25. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, we can thank Tyson for that.

And there's no way JT will give Russell the idol. A nice soundbite teaser for next week though.