Amph Survivor 25 - Philippines

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Well, Sandra wins. I was hoping for Parv, I think she played better / stronger than Sandra.

Nice to see Russell get 100 grand too, he did work hard for it.

2. solojones Force Ghost

star 9
    Parvarti deserved to win so much more than Sandra. Although I do understand that Sandra's siding with the heroes helped her. Was it a smart move? I honestly don't think it was intentional, so I'm not sure I'd say that. I think Tom was right in that a lot of the game is just luck. Her situation somehow meshed well with the heroes and she did try to join them, so they voted for her. Even though Parvarti played an amazing all-around game. I think they did associate her too much with Russell.

What can I say about Russell that I haven't already said. He couldn't even understand why people would be mad at him. No empathy. An absurd level of hubris. He's a genuine sociopath and he will never win.

-sj loves kevin spacey
  3. darth_gersh Jedi Master

star 6
    I was happy that Sandra won. In your face Russell.
  4. Coruscant Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    So I was looking at Lex van den Berghe's (anyone remember him?) facebook page, and I found this interesting conversation... and yes I am friends with Lex. We went to the same high school. The conversation is interesting primarily for seeing one of the Survivor greats, Lex, illustrate why Russell lost twice (Lex's words in bold):

Ky Armsden How right was I? Russell even 'voted me off' his facebook page coz I said he wasn't going to win due to his strategy. hahaha. Big mouth? yes indeed. Anyway I'm happy with last night. Much would have prefered to see Parv take it home but Sandra is good too. Top moment when she burnt Russell's hat. I think if Jerri had made it to the final 3 she stood a good chance too. So now my question for you is, Who would you have like to see win?
    Yesterday at 10:36am · Comment · Like

Michael Marlitt I REALLY didn't like her burning the hat. You don't **** with peoples' personal stuff. Burning a sock is one thing, but I have hats with a lot of sentimental value and I just think it was a classless move.
    Yesterday at 10:48am

Frank Clark i agree michael 100%... BUT, at least he didnt make a big deal about it because he did the same thing to others... the thing is, he does it, so he cant bitch about it when others do the same to him...
    Yesterday at 10:56am

Ky Armsden I think that if something has a lot of sentimental value then you shouldn't take it on Survivor. We all remember what happened in the Amazon with Jenna's Jacket. Ultimately it's just an object. And Russell deserved it :p hahahah
    Yesterday at 11:02am

Lex van den Berghe Hi Ky! Wow...not enough room here to really lay it all out, but I was happy with how it all ended as well (except when Russell got the $100K fan favorite prize). Russell seems so bitter and can't lose with grace. Surprised he didn't try to "buy" the title again with his prize money (most pathetic, sorry move in Survivor history IMO). His idea to have America vote on Survivor is the worst idea I've ever heard. How could it possibly be fair to have people vote based on what they've seen in an *edited* show, especially since the audience only sees about 5% of what actually happens out there. The only people who have any business voting are the players, and they're the only ones who can accurately assess and have an opinion about the other players and their game. Bottom line...when it comes to Survivor (which is a 39-day game in which the victory is 100% contingent on getting the jury to vote for you) Russell has NO GAME. If you judge his game on lasting a long time, then he's alright (although if the other players had seen his first season, I'd argue that he would've been one of the first to go...I would've shanked him first thing)...but if you judge his game on his likelihood of winning, then I'd say he might be one of the worst players ever to play the game.
    I *loved* seeing Sandra burn his beloved hat (a LEGEND move IMO). To Michael's point, yes...it's not nice to **** with people's personal ****, but this is a classic "you reap what you sow" scenario. Russell deserved it 100%. And it was hilarious.
    Who would I have liked to see win? I would've loved to see Jerri, Parvati and Sandra make it to the final 3...and from there I would've loved to see how the jury would've voted. I loved all three of them and all three of their very different games this season.

Yesterday at 11:10am

Ky Armsden hahaha. When Russell said about America voting I instantly thought of you because of my status the other day about Russell and someone saying that America should vote. Totally shouldn't. I agree with you 100% on this one. I think Russell has one of the worst strategies I have ever seen. I know I only see the edited version but still.
    Jerri, Parv and Sandra would make a great final 3 but I like that Parv didn't play with her heart and kept Russell because she knew she could beat him. Sandra did a good job to keep herself in the game thou.
    Ultimately a great season of Survivor. And lets all pray that the rumor that Russell is coming back is only a rumor coz I can't watch that arroga
  5. Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master

star 5
    Sandra sucks.

Also, Russell admitted he was too cocky, and that Parvati should have won.

Also, I wouldn't mind if America had a vote actually. I do think the jury system is flawed, because jury members tend to be sore-losers.
  6. Coruscant Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yeah, well, Russell sucks.

So there. :p
  7. Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master

star 5
    Russell is part of the reason why this was such a great season. It doesn't matter if he wins or loses--he's entertaining. Sandra was annoying.

Edit: times infinity...bleeeh!
  8. Jose-Mourinho Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Russell seems so bitter and can't lose with grace.

Didn't Lex go insane with bitterness when Boston Rob voted him out?
  9. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    They do, and Russell got $100,000 because of it (and another $100,000 from the previous season's Fan Favourite vote).

Not related to the above, but he also gets somewhere between $80,000 and $100,000 for making the final 3 I understand, so he's probably made in the order of $400,000 in the last year or so playing Survivor. Pretty good return, I'd say.
  10. Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master

star 5
    Yeah, I know about that. That is a pretty good return, also considering, he didn't really stop playing between seasons (he had very little time between). He was pretty happy about getting most popular player again.

I feel bad that Parvati didn't get much of anything for playing so well. She may have gotten 80,000 or 100,000 for being in the top 3, though, like you said. That's cool.
  11. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Sandra wasn't a horrible choice (unlike Natalie from last season), but the clear choice should have been Parvati. When they're talking on day 1 about how they need to get rid of her because she's such a huge threat and she STILL makes it to the end, you know that she has played a masterful game. She truly is one of the greatest players of all time.
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    OK, here we go again.

Young'uns against Old folk!

:D
  13. Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master

star 5
  14. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Thank God they voted that annoying woman out.
  15. World_Cup_Wally Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think they put her in just so Jimmy Johnson would be guaranteed not to be the first one voted out. It was probably in his contract.
  16. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Good call.

The oldies don't-use-Medallion strategy seemed good (don't show weakness, not a particularly physical challenge), but then the kid said "it's all about winning right now, worry about tomorrow tomorrow" and all the oldies went "Oh, yeah".

17. World_Cup_Wally Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, I'm kind of torn over whether or not they should have used it. For the flint and fishing gear it's a no-brainer (i.e. give up the MofP) but for the challenges I'm not sure the oldtimers idea was such a bad one.

EDIT: although I suppose you could agree that they should use it in the more even challenges to try to ensure victory instead of using it in the challenges where they're at more of a disadvantage in order to even things up so that they at least have a shot.
  18. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Yeah - hard to know what the best strategy is. I guess it's obvious in hindsight.

That guy Shannon is a knob, I like Fabio though - he makes me laugh like one of the Stooges. The crab pincer was priceless. I assume he'll be evacuated out by the medics sometime fairly soon due to self inflicted injury.
  19. World_Cup_Wally Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Shannon, the other Jimmy, and Marty are the three that I dislike the most at this point.

EDIT: also, in Probst's blog about the episode he included a link to a pic of the clue to the hidden idol so viewers can try to decipher it. Without spending too much time, I'm guessing it's along the lines of X is 80 yards West/East of a cave under/in a tree with visible roots. Or possibly in the cave 80 from a tree with visible roots.
  20. dp4m Chosen One

star 10
    Honestly, some of the reality shows I get to see why someone was so respected in their field.

I mean, I'm a Cowboys fan and loved Jimmy Johnson from basically that but really didn't ever get to see any of his work, other than his announcing stuff which is "eh." However, his talk with the Old Tribe which ended up with the black guy "I just got a pep talk from Jimmy Johnson!" was supremely awesome.
  21. Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master

star 5
    When she started talking--you could literally see virtually every person there deciding her fate at that moment. It was pretty funny.
  22. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    [image=http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/photos/Hidden_Immunity_Idol_Clue_1/s21_hidden_immunity_idol_1.display.jpg]

Uhhh.
  23. World_Cup_Wally Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh, X Cave Eight. :oops:

Wasn't that bitchy black girl on the show a couple seasons ago with that other jackass (Ben?)? She needs to go as well. And soon.

Group meeting. I took your shoes, filled them with sand, and put them in the ocean. 8-}

Wearing $1,600 shoes. 8-}

Wearing $1,600 shoes to Survivor. 8-} 8-}

Is there anyone likeable other than the one-legged girl? Really hoping she wins.
  24. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Yeah, $1600 shoes were gonna get destroyed one way or the other, and I guess this way they weeded out another bat**** crazy contestant.

I do like a few of the oldies, and to be fair a few players have had almost no screen time yet, so who knows. All the under 30 women are hot too, so that always helps. ;)
  25. Nevermind Jedi Knight

star 6