main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Survivor 25 - Philippines

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Feb 11, 2010.

1. World_Cup_Wally

World_Cup_Wally Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2010
    I think so. In the spring I think it might be because of college basketball or something like that.

2. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    lol Losers.

Naonka is all kinds of classy. And considering Dan did nothing to win the reward maybe he should have stepped up with regards to the tarp and rice. :p

EDIT: and has anyone made the jury after quitting before?

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Way back in Palau, season 10, there was Janu the Vegas showgirl. She pointedly asked Probst if she would be on the jury if she quit (he said yes). No one was sure because the jury formation hadn't yet started. I remember Stephanie making a big deal out of possibly going out before someone else who wanted to quit, but wouldn't just because of the whole jury thing. Stephanie got voted out the next week anyway.

edit: incidentally, because the producers probably wanted to keep Stephanie on as long as they possibly could, they may have decided to let Janu be the first member of the Jury, for that reason alone. The precedent for that may have meant that they have no choice but to put Nay and Purple Kelly on this season's jury.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Dan should have gave up on the reward. He's been useless in almost every challenge.

I thought it was an interesting question about what should they do with Purple Kelly's and Naonka's torches. I would love to hear the backstage reunion between Nay, Kelly and the jury, as Marty looked pissed.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The latest episode:

They're surprised when their loved ones appear after the sprint phone advertorial? Really?

Did you see Dan actually leap into the pool during the loved-one challenge? Pity he couldn't climb out of it after recovering his bags.

Poor Fabio, he did deserve to be picked for reward after making that deal.

Boys didn't buy Jane's plan (to vote for Holly and go 3 & 3 at tribal) and hand Holly an idol. Mind you Fabio and Dan didn't buy it either, even though it seemed like a logical move to keep themselves in the game longer.

But worse, Jane voted for Sash, so even if Fabio and Dan had agreed with her strategy and both voted Holly, it wouldn't have worked. Just plain crazy.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

I thought it was kind of weird of all the kisses that Dan's son laid on Dan. I thought Dan comments about Chase being a douche' bag seemed a little extreme. Dan sucks at chanllenges and is selfish himself. However, because he sucks at challenges no one see him as a threat.

I didn't think Fabio would be so emotional. He seemed to be low keyed from most of the season. And I totally forgot his name was Judd. His mom was pretty attractive.

Jane went out in a blaze of infamy. Good stuff. I love the jury's reactions to her comments. Definitely a lot of fire in the old board. And thus the reason why Dan and Fabio didn't want to attach their hitch to that burning wagon.

7. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    I kind of want Dan to win just because he's been so unbelievably useless during the entire season it would be kind of amusing if he won. But if he won I guess there'd be more and more intense son-on-father kissing so I think I'll pass on that outcome.

My order of preference for the winner would be:

1. Fabio
    2. Chase
    3. Holly
    4. Dan
    5. Sash

Although, I'm not to bothered if Holly or Dan switched positions.

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Man, that final episode was great. the scrambling.

Can't believe the $1,000,000 vote was so close though. Ridiculous. Women under the charm, I guess.

9. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    Yeah, great episode. Fabio's come from behind win with the puzzle. Winning the coin challenge after his coins always looked like they would tilt over while Sasha's looked almost perfectly straight. The grovelling. Fabio seeing through it. Playing Chase and Sasha against each other at tribal and then picking the right person to vote out. Sasha not getting any votes. Good stuff.

Purple Kelly wins Marty's award, like, for sure.

Shannon is an knob.

If Fabio still has his million by the end of the week, I'll be surprised.

EDIT: oh, and Dan - 'How many votes do we need?' :oops:

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I thought Dan was a bigger idiot that they made Chase out to be. Fabio surprised me with three straight wins in the immunity challenges. Goofey kid. I'm betting he'll spend the mil before the end of the 2011 year.

Sash was just too slimey to get anyone's vote.

I thought it was funny when Geoff Probst cut off Shannon at the reunion show to see if he wanted to take back his remarks about Sash.

I'll be curious to see how next season's unfolds with Redemption Island.

11. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    It'll certainly be funny if someone who gets blindsided returns to the main game. Although, I'd imagine that it will make the blindsides themselves less funny/dramatic.

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    wtf?

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/13/survivor-boston-rob-russell-redemption-island/

I hope they get voted out immediately. They have no place in a non-All-Stars season.

13. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    I look forward to hearing about the time Phillip travelled down the Amazon waterboarding natives until they told him where Coach was being held.

I don't know who the favourite to win is but he must be the favourite to slit someone's throat in the shelter during the night.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Or be the first to have it done to him - what a fruitbat!!! 8-}[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

15. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Amazing first episode!

EDIT: although I hate the "what if" moments. I think they're overselling redemption island.

16. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I've decided Phillip is an idiot. Making things way too easy for Boston Rob to manipulate everything now.

My money is on Russell getting eliminated quick too.

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm sure that was a tough decision to make 8-} If this guy was a federal agent, he clearly never got out from behind some computer in some office anywhere. Because he has absolutely no people skills.

But man he made that tribal council hilarious.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    Perhaps there is a reason related to what we witnessed at that tribal council as to why he is no longer a federal agent.

19. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Nah you can be a lunatic and still keep your job. In today's world it would be considered discrimination to fire crazy people.

20. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Go Boston Rob! And Phillip is an idiot.:oops: Why? Why would he say that?

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it made for an entertaining tribal council, but the results of the vote would have ended up being the same and their entire strategy would have been revealed anyway. too early in the game to try to pull something like that, though i suppose they couldn't have suspected that boston rob would already guess that they had an idol and would be wary enough to split the votes.

i must have missed it but did they reveal when someone from redemption island would be able to re-enter the game?

22. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    No they have not. While watching Amazing Race last night there was a comerial for Survivor. It was highlighting Philip being a loon. And Boston Rob said "Let that be a lesson. Government jobs - very stressful.";)

23. World_Cup_Wally

Jun 27, 2010
    I'd imagine it would be when they merge.

24. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    The poor guy seems very insecure... reminded me of some bits Will Ferrell usually plays. "I AM A GROWN MAN. I NEED TO EXPRESS MYSELF! I WAS A US FEDERAL AGENT. I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!"

25. PirateofRohan

Dec 11, 2009
    Great. Now Will Ferral is yelling at me inside my head. Just what I needed.:rolleyes: :p