main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Survivor 41: Come on in!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lord Revan, May 13, 2013.

1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    That whole Tasha-siding-with-the-men-or-the-women thing really went nowhere, didn't it?

And Spencer ain't looking too good. Physically, I mean. Eat yo rice, Spencer!

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ha!

Last episode showed another example of the lengths the contestants will go to win a challenge, that being almost drowning. Crazy!

I'm liking the voting blocks thing rather than the "alliance voting." It makes the game more wide open and up for grabs.

I see Tasha's strategy though, she just can't really trust the all girl alliance especially with Abi on it as she's been flipping all season.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, I think she was smart to ditch Abi. She had put so much work into schmoozing her along the way, and I'm guessing was just sick of it and not willing to place her game in Abi's hands. Which was the right move.

I fear a little for Spencer, mostly just because there are not many votes left and both Jeremy and Wentworth have idols that no one knows about. His biggest chance is to keep winning immunity at this stage.

But you're right, Cor; he looks physically weak. But is hanging in there. Only a few more days.

My guess is that thing that's never happened in a vote before will be that only Jeremy and Kelly get votes and both have played their idols. I assume the rule in that case would be that everyone revotes but can't vote for those people.

4. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Jeremy, you finally won me over in this very last episode. Great player, great guy, and quite entertaining, too! His finger-wagging at Kimmi was such a great callback to Australia, when Alicia wagged her finger in Kimmi's face and said, "I will ALWAYS wave my finger in your face." 29 seasons later, Kimmi's back on another season, and she gets another finger-waggin'. Awesome.

Spencer... after Jeremey's revelation about a pregnant wife, I don't think Spencer was ever going to win this game. Not with Jeremy sitting by him at FTC. If he could've gotten any votes at FTC, he lost them when he pushed Jeremey around at the final four tribal. Waaaay too aggressive. Know when to stay cool, dude. Also... Woo has more final tribal council votes than Spencer now, hahahahaha.

I have to admit, I'm a bit puzzled at Tasha getting shut out, though. I wonder if there was more that they didn't show us, that Tasha did that angered other players, or if Jeremy was just that good. I'm surprised she didn't get one or two votes.

I also loved Kelly pulling a Greg Buis. God, I wish we could see Greg again. He was almost on the ballot for this season, but had to withdraw at the last moment for work reasons.

5. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    For this Final Tribal:

Tasha had nothing to bring to the table regarding her gameplay. Almost drowning doesn't count. Also mentioning you're from the corporate world makes it seem that you might not need the money.
    Spencer 2.0 Beta Test Complete. Still needs work. Engineers must rebuild from the ground up for future use.
    Jeremy wins based on his decent gameplay and good personality. Takes all the votes with his hidden pregnancy mic drop.

Kelley Wentworth is gorgeous and needs to play again.

jp-30 likes this.
  6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Spencer lost all his support with his ridiculous tribal ultimatum, and Jeremy holding back the new child news until the final question was genius.

No final 3 speeches this year, nor reminiscing nor burning the non finalist torches. Both good moves, I think.

Kat shut out of the reunion show (so far, still watching), LOL.

TX-20 likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I actually have no idea why people were so pissed at Spencer about that. Maybe it's just because my personality type is similar, but I personally think he was 100% right, it's what I was saying he should do, and by the way he probably won Jeremy a million dollars because Wentworth might have won (can't believe Jeff didn't ask people who they would have voted for if it were her instead of Spencer!)

Maybe it's an argument he should have just made one on one with Jeremy back at camp. But had I been on that jury, I would have appreciated that Spencer was saying something true and doing what he needed to to make it to the final.

I think Jeremy is good and I'm not mad he won, but I'm definitely disappointed for Spencer. Jeremy was very smart to hold back the baby news until the very end of FTC. He absolutely knew he was going to get sympathy votes. Without that, I have to think Spencer would have gotten at least some votes for him. I really hope people aren't genuinely so petty that him being straightforward and insistent at a tribal where a million dollar chance was at stake would totally turn them against him.

Once again, though, I was sitting there thinking that I could write much better arguments for people. Because I don't think anyone was even aware of the fact that literally EVERY time they swapped, Spencer wound up on the bottom and Jeremy wound up on the top. Yes, Jeremy created shields for himself and all, but he was never really on the chopping block until that one crazy tribal where he played his idol. He was pretty comfortable. Meanwhile, Spencer was on the chopping block constantly. If he was shifting loyalties, it's because until near the end he never had people who were loyal to him.

I just thought it was a disservice to how great this season was that, even with what I thought was the strongest final three ever, it was a sweep. Pretty much solely because someone played the sympathy card.

Because I thought Tasha would get a vote or two, too. I think there's always some sexism in the fact that many women cannot be the Alpha whom everyone listens to and this gets counted against them. When has a woman ever been the main instant leader? It doesn't happen because such women will always threaten some chauvinist. Instead, Tasha did some things that were hugely beneficial to her alliance on a social game level, things the men could never have done, like wrangling Abi. That was massive. She also is right in that she had a chance to go with an all girls alliance but didn't, and thus is largely the reason Spencer and Jeremy even made it to the end. Women always get devalued because they didn't lead the big moves, but that's often because men won't listen to a woman's pitch for a big move. Often what happens is that woman just gets herself voted out for being "a problem".

jp-30 likes this.
  8. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

TX-20 likes this.
  9. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    New season on Wednesday night!

It's Brains versus Brawn versus Beauty 2.

You can see the cast here. Tai looks pretty entertaining.

jp-30 likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm looking forward to the premiere episode tonight. I know one of the castaway is from Big Brother.

It typically takes me a few episodes to figure out who'll I'll be rooting for.

11. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    As opposed to figuring out who you won't be rooting for... which usually takes just one episode, correct? :p

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  12. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Thanks for the reminder!

Coruscant likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Ha hah ha! Yup!

14. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Beast Mode Cowboy! I wonder which female castaway he'll become uncomfortably obsessed with?

15. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    Ha ha, Tai is all, "Trees are living beings with feelings, why are you hurting that tree?" And then five minutes later, "**** you, tree, I want an idol!"

Sith_Sensei__Prime, TX-20 and jp-30 like this.
  16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I said the same, but he did replant them. Also, stupid vote, even if I like the eye candy.

17. Coruscant

Feb 15, 2004
    My favorite player so far is Earwig Woman. And yes, she's my favorite, but I forgot her name.

Tony would be slapping these brawn idiots around for getting Darnell out instead of Alecia.

18. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I think the lesson here is that taking a dump in front of people is not cool.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Rule No. 1 when diving, hold on to your mask! I don't ever recall a Black person doing well in water challenges on the show.

Man, that bounty hunter dude really got a bad case of sun burn.

And yeah, the bug in the ear thing was gross. It reminded me of Wrath of Kahn.

I still really not a fan of the three tribe format. I prefer the classic two tribe method.

So far, I'm not liking the woman on the "Brain" tribe that talks a big game like being able to start a fire without flint and then we see her trying to start a fire by rubbing the two sticks together. That was horrible.

TX-20 likes this.
  20. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Quitting is for Quitters. Luckily talking yourself out of the game is much more respectable.

#JennyIsDumb

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Jenny got what she deserved. Although, I'm not liking Jason running his mouth and not even caring to learn Alicia's name.

I finally looked up Scot, because I couldn't remember which NBA teams he played for.

I want the Brain team to lose next to see how big the cracks are.

TX-20 likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    There was quite a bit of drama with the hidden immunity idol on the brawn tribe. Kind of Lord of the Flies moment. I really dislike Jason. I don't see him going far in the game because he's going to rub alot of people the wrong way.

Kaleb is definitely playing a different game than the one he played on Big Brother. He's not going all beast mode or doing the infatuation thing with any of the female players. So far so good. There are lines being drawn in the sand here, so it's going to be interesting to see which side Kaleb lands on.

The brain tribe definitely has fractures.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Last night's episode was probably one of the most dramatic episodes ever!

That's the thing about watching Survivor from the comfort of your home, is that the weather conditions and lack of food and water doesn't really translate, but it was clearly translated last night.

I really did not like the consequences of the the reward challenge.

24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    *Pours one out for Beast Mode Cowboy*

Come back to Survivor whenever you want. Also, you and Tai should run the Amazing Race together.

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Brutal.