Oceania SURVIVOR AFRICA DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by epic, Oct 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    I watched the first episode last week, and the person who I want kicked off next isn't Clarence, but that freaking old guy who just WOULD NOT shut up about the stupid can of food. I can understand everyone having a problem with it, and Clarence knew it, apologised... what else is he meant to do? But no, this old geezer can't stop rubbing it in his face for the rest of the show.

Go away, old man.

Of course, if Clarence screws up again, then there's reason to complain...

I think the soccer player guy, that tattooed guy look good... they could stick together and go far.

And Jessie is hot.
  2. Sith-Gecko Jedi Master

star 4
    Reality TV is evil.

... sorry.
  3. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    you mean we aren't finished watching other ppls lives on tv yet? isn't there enough drama and crap in your own?
  4. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    The old guy was 100% redneck-enough said.
  5. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    That goatfarmer guy was a classic! He could be Survivor3's answer to Rudy
  6. Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Master

star 4
    Survivor 1 was not necessary. Survivor 3 is just plain overkill - TV's equivalent to mutually assured destruction.
  7. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Gah! I missed the first episode cause they changed it to Tuesday night! NOT HAPPY JAN!
  8. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    The last SURVIVOR left me mentally scarred for life.

I say 'no thanks' to this one....
  9. Bob marley Jedi Knight

star 1
    I missed the first episode because I was at work :(

So does S3 look like it's going to be any good?
  10. Darth-Tom Jedi Master

star 4
    It's funny, if ya don't like reality Tv shows then why click on this thread??? craziness!

Anyway i watched it. At least you get to see the African landscape etc. better than some stupid office sitcom. I think clarence got a bad rap actually. That bird that got kicked off probably lied about clarence in order to turn people against him because she new that she was most likely gonna get kicked out.

Anyway, i prefer the other bunch, they seem nicer.
  11. Jayd Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree about that old redneck guy. I want him kicked off FAST. I feel sorry for Clarence. He shouldn't have opened that can of beans, but then again, he must have been SOOOO hungry. It would have been so hard for me to resist, I don't think i would have been able to after a while.
  12. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    They seem like total wimps. One day, if that and they are stealing food. First one off says "I didn't know it would be this hard" hello it takes place in Africa-the most hardest place on earth, no Big Mac's around the corner....what a loser.
  13. Darth-Tom Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Antartica would be harder. But yeah Africa is definately the hardest yet.

I wonder how protected they actually are? I bet the production crew has put big perimeter fences around their camps and what not.

I totally agree that this bunch are total wimps. The ozzies series had a fair few toughies in it, most of these are just oldies or prissies.
  14. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Jessie! NooOooOOooo...
  15. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was sad to see Jessie go, she was nice :)

I like the way Silas is basically playing both sides of the fence at the moment, the upcoming weeks should be intriguing
  16. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well there you go, the tables are turning, boran won both the challenges and are really beginning to pull as a team. I bet that boran is thanking their lucky stars they didn't vote off clarence, without him they would have been stuffed
    It was a pity to see the old guy Carl go, if he had remembered a bit more from the survival guide then it could have been a different story, with Lindsey gone instead of him

Will be nice to see how the split in Samburu is affected, now it's 4-3 difference and it all seems to hinge on Silas, if he jumps ship then it could change everything
  17. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    oh who watches this crap!!!

....me LOL

Gees the Sambora team really have some troubles huh. I wish Frank had gone instead of Carl though, or that lady who keeps talking about mother Africa and the goddess. LOL. The water reward was good though. They both should be given water though I reckon.

Until next week.... :)
  18. Jayd Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wish Frank had have gone, coz hes an a$$hole, but they couldn't vote him off because he's actually pretty good for the team. I was so annoyed that Lindsey didn't get voted off because she is such a snob.

I am totally going for Boran. The other tribe is full of REALLY annoying people.
  19. LostOnHoth Chosen One

star 5
    It's interesting how quickly the 'game' mentality develops after 2 series. The first Survivor series they were pretty much in holiday mode until the tribes merged. Same thing in Survivor 2. Now, they're right down to it after the first day.

I hope the 'Mother Africa' chick gets booted as well, annoying as hell.

20. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    Where is the Mole--much more fun....
  21. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    What an episode! That whole 'switch' thing was genius

I was so happy to see Silas get the boot. His whole "I'm going to win" mentality really irked me. Hopefully, now, the three lazy slobs on Samburu will get the same ol' heave-ho.
  22. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was genius but it had to happen or else samburu was going down the drain pretty quickly, with the young folks not being bothered doing any work, and the old folks not bothering as they knew thye'f get voted off soon.

Mark Burnett couldn't have thought that the Samburu would screw themselves by sending off the two old folks. So not much changes really

But Silas is gone, damn good to see, the other three weaklings are about to get a lesson in running a camp the proper way, they just couldn't be bothered getting out of bed, and getting water or firewood

I don't see any of the young samburu folks lasting very far past the merger, especially if the "true" boran keeps the number advantage after the merger.
  23. Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA

star 6
    Very interesting episode!

If the Boran members of Samburu know to vote for Lindsay (I wonder if Ethan will tell them she's got 4 votes?), then she's gone. Then it's a matter of them picking of all the Samburu members one by one.

P.S. Ethan's a babe. ;)
  24. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Really good episode. I really don't think there's going to be a merger after what was said at the end.
    I too am glad Silas is gone. I NEVER thought I would hear myself say it but I was happy Frank got to hang around. He semed really impressed with the other camp.
    Nice to see Brandon having something to say too, although I am worried that that big red-neck may try to kill the "queer" in his sleep.

I wonder what they'll do if there's no merger??

...and I very much agree about Ethan mmmm ;)
  25. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Looks like Brandon is gonna try and get the ex-Boran guys to vote for him... but, even if they do, it'll still most probably be 3-3 (if Sambura lose the Immunity challenge). And, seeing neither Brandon or any of the Boran guys have any votes, it might be another quiz or something. Of course, if they DO vote for Lindsey, she's gone.

But even if Sambura do go into the merge with their 3 weaklings intact, the two remaining ex-Boran members will rejoin with their ex-members, and with Frank and that other old lady on their side... the 3 young Sambura members are pretty much out guarenteed to lose eventually.

But, yeah, interesting episode. The producers had to do SOMETHING, or else it would have been too predictable.

I'm still sticking with either Lex or Ethan to win. Probably Lex.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.