main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Susan G Komen RACE FOR THE CURE

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jan 20, 2007.

1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I am making frames as well.. if anyone wants to come and help us out at any time that would be GREAT AND WONDERFUL!! Either way it will get accomplished within the next 11 days .. cause raceday is 12 days from today!!

I learned from your accident and I am wearing plastic gloves as often as I remember so as not to burn the tips of my fingers. Looks weird I know.. but oh well :)

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I sincerely regret not being able to do this event, as I lost my mother and grandmother both to breast cancer...among the countless others that have also. I work on the weekend and asking for a day off, is like asking for a million dollars. I just feel really bad about not being able to do this.

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    You are ther ein spirit bro, thats all that matters.

4. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    So rather than reading this whole thing like a good boy should, could some1 tell me please where exactly this is and when we have to be there?

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Due to a pulled hamstring, I am only a "possible wookiee" for this event.[face_frustrated]

Anybody want to be a wookiee for a morning, complete with wookiee smell?:D
    I should be able to wrangle, no sweat.

6. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    4.15.07 Reed park at 5:30 am. By the Rose garden, change in the bandshell dressing rooms. Fill out Cat's paperwork or they won't let U in for the event. I will drive if anyone wants a ride.

7. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    5:30 am? That should be illegal.

Heck, if you think it would work (with my body type), and you'd be cool with a kid being in a 25-year-old costume, then I'm game. It's not like we need any more Jedi...

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Mike.. where is your waiver with your mom's signature.. I need to get that turned in this week. Bring it by my house :) Pretty please :)

9. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Just for the record, ONLY the mask, the bandolier, and the bowcaster are twenty-five years of age.
    The main body suit and stilts are all from THIS CENTURY. - Historically Accurate Hank

10. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Mmkay... Ill probably do that today.

11. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    And if we don't have to get into costume what is the absolute latest I could be there???

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    The roads close at 6:15am, if you are walking in though The event begins registration at 6:30am and we will need volunteers as soon as possible to keep things running smoothly. As close to either of those two times is preferable.

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    If you would like a place to donate for Susan G Komen RACE FOR THE CURE, Luke Skywalker is collecting donations for the race. See this link and please give generously :)

http://sazraceforthecure.kintera.org/faf/r.asp?t=4&i=219337&u=219337-171524396&e=1032728147

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Cat- I didn't get to see any of the other events in the kids area, how did it go?

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    AWESOME SUCCESS!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!! YOU MADE THIS WHOLE LAST SEVERAL MONTHS SO WORTH WHILE!! YOU ALL ROCK!!!!

Now I shall crash for several hours ..possibly days

16. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Great event today! I had a good time with the inflated obstacle course [face_monkey] and the kids seemed to enjoy it a whole lot, too
    And of course, great job Cathie in organizing the whole kids area!!

17. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Good Job All!! I know that the people in costume and of course Cat are all wiped out. The reason that I know that is because I am zonked out and I am quite sure that me in my shorts watching was no where NEAR as difficult as what ya'll were doing!! Many Kudos. All in all I think a great event. Some cute pictures floating around too.

18. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Well congratulations to Cat, Jake, Katherine, and Cheryl for all the hard work and pre-event work. Not forgetting Amber for doing a great job wrangling. Most of the time I think us with helmets or robes on have it easy compared to all the other hard work going on around us that (speaking for myself) sometimes is taken for granted. We could not do this stuff with out you guys.

I guess what I trying to say is we may get the pictures taken and the attention but it?s all the background work that?s really the ?star? of these events and that I really appreciate all the work that goes into making it happen.

UGH! I think I need to take a nap. None of that came out like I mean.

19. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Congrats to any and all involved in this event. According to the news reports there were over 13,000(WOW) at the event this morning.

And here is hoping EVERYBODY gets some much-needed sleep tonight.

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I had a nice nap.

Cat, Can you give us periodic updates for Luke's donation page? Also, if you can post the same information on the Mos Everett board, that'd be great. Breezy started a thread over there.

http://boards.theforce.net/everett_wa/b10555/26557122/p1/?1

21. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Well now that I still have not had a nap and worked for 6 hours tonight and I am a cranky guy wheres my kudos for wrangling$^#!@&$#%*&$ hahaa ots ok I know I am a rookie at it but I did have to flex on some kids and some kids that were messing with Sandy too!!! I had a blast and wished I could have been suited up for this alas there is always next year!!!

Oh by the way with 13,000 at one event I would say this is the biggest event we have attended yet!!!!

-Chris

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, if U R referring to my statement. I admit I forgot to mention your name. Sorry. Your contribution is not gone unappreciated (by me at least).

23. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    No kidding, thanks for going with me to the bathroom ;). haha, and now everyone questions whether or not amber is a cover up... :p

24. JediObiKat

Feb 15, 2006
    Ummm...that just sounds wrong (and I thought only girls went to the bathroom in groups :p )

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm so glad to hear that this event went well for you all. I love this event. It is so uplifting. :D