main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Susan G Komen RACE FOR THE CURE

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Jan 20, 2007.

1. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Not worried yet. To my knowledge only our resident Jawa has seen him nude. So all is good!!

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005

Does that mean to your knowledge you haven't?:confused: Interesting marriage arrangement...[face_whistling]

Oh, and for the record, the rest of you suited dudes got your picture taken with the Energizer Bunny. I got my picture taken with Mrs. America! Losers![face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    That was a great event I had a good time. Thanks for all the hard work the wrang;ers went through, I felt my thermal detonator get tugged on a few times and every time a piece fell off it was recovered!!

Thanks Bylar for thehelp suiting us up, and Chris for keeping those kids from seeing if my armor can take a punch from the back. Thanks amber for arranging the pics, and yellin at us to "line up!"

This was fun I wouldnt mind adding it to the regular rotation, anyone else notice how the other characters (Ronald etc) hung out by us becuase of the crowd we gathered??

Now letsee some pics!
    I want the pic of Ronald as my Imperial prisoner for my personal collection!

4. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I Usually try not to look....

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    If that isn't OWNage I don't know what is.

:p

I love that Ronald McDonald. He is so good with the kids.

Yes, pictures! I want to see pictures!

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I'll post the photos Jake and I have tomorrow.. I would do it tonight.. but I am just too worn out from watching Alex to do that at the moment. I stayed in all day today and then this evening I watched the little guy for a few hours.. now I am going back to bed. By morning I should be back up to normal again.

7. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I dunno it seemed Ronald wasnt too happy about us being there at times.... Sandy was more than happy that I got his back a few times and the poor bunny didnt even have a fan set up!!!

8. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yea, the clown didn't like us stealing his thunder. I'm sure he was us as amateurs being that he went to clown college.

Sandy was a good sport, who ever was wearing that costume sure liked what he did.

Poor bunny..... I guess it got so hot he can't "keep going and going" Then again, that bunny did kick Vaders cybernetic butt in those adverts 10 years ago. 8-}

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I remember those ads!

10. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Welcome to Day 3 of no pictures yet posted.[face_frustrated]

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003

I need the pictures or the URL to where they are posted first.

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    My point exactly, Hal. You can't do anything about photos until SOMEBODY(hint, hint) posts them first.

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah I want to see Ronald McDonald Imperial Prisoner!!!!

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    message received, understood and taken care of :)

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Susan%20G%20Komen/100_1150.jpg]

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Susan%20G%20Komen/100_1145.jpg]

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Susan%20G%20Komen/100_1160.jpg]

16. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Jack, You Dog!

I mean Wookiee. 8-}

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I peeked at Luke's donations. He's only got $25.00 so far. If you can make a donation, please do. Donations are being accepted through April.

18. MasterJediDragonSir

MasterJediDragonSir Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    [image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/TucsonFanForce/Susan%20G%20Komen/100_1150.jpg][/quote]

OBTW...She is Mrs World not Mrs America (her former title)
    anyhow...eat it up Jack:D

On another note...I'd like to thank everyone if Cat hasn't for the turnout of everyone in the group at the race...I agree that Ronald probably didn't like "competing" with us
    Sandy was great and it was obvious that he enjoyed being there with us...especially when he "battled" Darth Vader with a bag of popcorn and his tail...that was awesome
    I enjoyed being able to participate in the event...and as far as my job goes...it looks like I will be able to participate with more events in the future
    Once again...thank you

TTYL

19. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    hey guys and gals, just wanted to post this for future reference: if i'm gonna have to speak publicly, and with a camera and microphone involved, i need some advance notice so i can come up with something other than "ummm... ummmmm. i'm bylar with with tucson fanforce" lol. i cant think well under this kind of pressure. now if i could preach about the Force, then i woulda been ok. but it wasn't about that. o ya mike u could have said something when i handed you the microphone, and dustin, u need to slow down with the troopin constantly dude, your gettin the charities mixed up, rofl

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I wish we all had advance notice! I probably wouldnt have blown it so bad! Non of us knew there wol dbe any media covereage let alone interviews!

But since it was done, how can we get ahold of it? Cat?

Id like it for the end of year video

21. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I'll find out on monday night how to get a copy of the tape.