Suzi's Holiday Special

Discussion in 'North' started by suzijedi, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlindenj Jedi Knight

star 2
    enter the tatt contest, SUZI SUZI SUZI
  2. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    go suzi go!!!!

you had better tenter the tattoo contest, if you ask me. it'd be strange if you didn't.
  3. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Episode 3: Revenge of the shopaholic

Indulged in a bit of a geeky day today :-B and spent most of the day in various ?Collectors Panel? talks. First one looked at Recycled Toys and how the early SW figs were put together using ideas from other toys (sounds more interesting than I described).

Next, the Archaeology of SW, which was a look at David West Reynolds search for the locations of Tatooine 20 years after ANH?..an interesting talk and he made it enjoyable?he was a kind of cross between Dr Jones and Rick Moranis.

Vintage Toy Bootlegs was exactly that- a look at bootlegs from around the world and some of the more amusing and just plain bizarre figures that have cropped up?one of the more amusing was a Turkish version of the Imperial Gunner and the picture on the card was of the figure pressing the keys on an LCD calculator (meant to be a control panel) and a Leia figure with the arms and legs of a AT-AT Driver, with silver hair.

What?s New At Hasbro- a look at some of the upcoming figures, incl Transformers and the 3.5? inch line?.new 3.5? include a pre-cyborg Greivous, 3PO with his eye hanging out and Salacious Crumb, Han and torture rack from Bespin and Lando in his smugglers outfit from the end of ESB. Looking good in the world of SW figs.

Props and costumes- a look at private collecting- from buying to preserving items.

Action figure card design- interesting in parts, but when they started to talk about the ink and different types of ink, I began to lose the will to live (much like Padme). However, my patience was rewarded as I received one of the ?Collectors Panel CIV Medallions? for my efforts :D

Last event of the evening was the Opening Ceremonies, with Steve Sansweet as host. The bearded one won?t be here, as he?s filming Indy in Europe. It mainly focused on SW?s birthday and we all got free cake and sat and watched various SW celebrities eating cake for 15 mins on the stage??..! After a few sing-alongs with the blokey who played Capt Tanaka and a presentation of the new SW stamps (interesting if you?re American, a stamp collector, or indeed both!). The ceremony ended with a person dressed as Boba Fett, with a real jet pack strapped to his back, flying across the stage.

Afterwards, a trip to the SW Shop and many moths were released from my purse! [face_money_eyes]

After my initial worries that I may be a bit bored, I?m glad to say I was proved wrong!
  4. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...well...that bodes well for the Europeans then at CE, as we will be just round the corner....[face_dancing]

5. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Episode 4: A New Cossie....?

Well, I?ve signed up for the tatt contest tomorrow, so I?ll let you know what happens! [face_worried]

Started with the Stormtrooper Olympics today, which had the potential to be really funny, but was in fact a bit dull, as they took too long to move onto each ?task? and there was no commentary, so I headed off after about 20 mins.

Went to Ben Burtts Q&A session which was OK, but it would?ve been a bit more interesting if he?d demonstrated some of the effects. Nonetheless, it was still worth going to.

The 501st?s talk on Bounty Hunter Costuming was very helpful, so I have a few hints and tips for my (hopefully!) new cossie.

The Filming Locations talk was v interesting and looked at places such as Tattooine/Tunisia, Hoth/Norway etc and how to find these locations?.the best was yet to come, however, as there are still actually bits of props left at some of these locations?.including the foam parts from the Sarlaac pit, which were given out at the talk, so I am now the proud owner of a small piece of Sarlaac!! :D

Last but not least was a Conversation with Carrie Fisher, which was great. She was witty, entertaining and very open and I?m so pleased I got a ticket?.what made the $15 ticket even more worth it was when she sang a line from her song off The Holiday Special (which incidentally, she hates?.from what she can remember of it) and she closed with the ?General Kenobi? speech from the hologram scene. Excellent.
  6. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Kick some butt Brit styeee Suzi - show em that 'winning smile'! [face_dancing]
  7. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Considering I don't like having my pic taken and being the centre of attention, I really don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for this, lol!!

Coz- do you still want the tattoo shirt??
  8. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...did you win then??? :confused:

...ps....what cool merchandise is there then to buy....I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to know......:eek: (you know what Im like for my SW merch....)

EDIT - scratch that -

o_O

Just looked at the C4 merch store.....really not a lot that takes my fancy tbh aside from the SW rucksack type bag.....but I have a feeling that I may just have to purchase ALL the baby SW gear....even though it does have those damn Ewoks on!!!!! Looks cute!!!! (not that it will fit me of course[face_blush] )
  9. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dude...if you dress your kid in Ewoks, she will be forever drawn down the path to the dark side of the Force.

Having just got back from France, i am INSANELY p'd off I didn't spend my over-spent France budget on going to CIV!!!

Glad you're having a good time, hope you won the contest!
  10. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Nah, didn't win the contest, but going up on stage once was MORE than enough for me, hehe!

The CIV merchandise isn't so great, but there's a big hall with tons of stalls in, so there's plenty of other stuff to spend money on...and they have that R2D2 projector on show =P~
  11. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4

BOOOO !!! fix ;) well done for entering though.

Sounds like you are having a great time - I'm not jealous honest [face_liarliar]

12. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Just don't buy the hat.... ;)

Episode 5: The Tiredness Strikes Back

Yesterday I spent an hour at the talk about 'Robot Chicken' (which I must admit, I had no clue it was to do with SW) and it looks v funny. It's creators, incl Seth Green (Dr Evil's son) were there, so it was pretty entertaining.

Had another wander around the Vader helmet exhibit and the archives and generally mooched about.

I ended up going to the FanFilm awards, which was OK- there were some slightly dull ones, but hey, who am I to talk?! You can see all of the films on the web and I'd reccommend the 'IG88 dancing' animated film (which won one of the prizes) with a v funky soundtrack, which sounded like 'The Model' by Kraftwerk...I liked it anyway [face_whistling]

So, I think it's all starting to catch up with me now and I'm a bit knackered....just got today to go and apart from the One Man Star Wars and helping out on the FF table for an hour, I won't be doing much else.... [face_tired]
  13. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...with this winning smile how could she have failed to win????

She beat the competition hands down!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starwarsblog/517045255/in/set-72157600274756986/
  14. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    :mad: Fix. Suzi should've soooooo won!!!!
  15. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, you definately should have won! :)

Glad you've had such a good time *is still jealous* :p
  16. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dude - how on earth did you find that photo!?
  17. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for posting your diary Suzi, a great read and I'm a tiny bit jealous :p Impressive tats too!! Have a safe trip back and I look forward to seeing some photos.
  18. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes Jase...how on earth did you get that pic?!?!?! [face_blush] lol Deary me, hehe!

Episode 6: Return of the Suzi

Well, today was really a bit of a winding down sort of day....the only thing I went to see was the One Man SW Trilogy, which I really recommend to anyone- he'll be at CE, so go and see it!!!

Mainly wandered round to make sure I didn't miss anything (I hadn't) and the whole thing finished at 4pm.

I have to say that the organisation was pretty good, in terms of getting people into the shows etc, but the only downside is that I think they could've made more of an effort with the 'Party/celebration' and the fact that it was a 'special' year...also it would have been nice to see more of the 'bigger' stars (e.g. people like Hamill, SL Jackson) etc....I think we'll have to make sure that CE goes off with a bang!!

Tomorrow I head back to Hollywood and I'm hoping to get to Santa Monica (damn, I forgot my red swimsuit for when I run down the beach and flick my hair around [face_frustrated] ) and then I'll be heading to the airport for the flight home on Weds night.

I've got around 200 photos (of both LA and CIV), so I'll go through them on Friday and hopefully get them posted via Photobucket. If I don't post until I get back, then I hope this has been at least a vaguely interesting read for you...speak to you all soon!!
  19. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Have a safe journey back missy :D
    See you soon!
  20. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    No red swimsuit shot! Waaahh!!! :_|

Have a safe flight and all that, and looking forward to the pics...ones of the Princess Leia's would be good! [face_devil]
  21. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    How wude Mr Matt! :p

Haha - I have my Rebel spies everywhere....just when you think you are safe....the Rebels come and suprise ya!

Oh yeah - and a friend told me. [face_whistling]
  22. ObiWanCon Force Ghost

star 4
    Your reports have been great Suzi, safe journey and I look forward to the pictures.
  23. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Safe journey back to the North, Suzi [:D]

BTW, I got Ziltoid :D
  24. suzijedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeed! :D

Thanks for reading, folks, and see you soon! ;)
  25. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh gosh, I've only just realised how my tattoo comment could read [face_blush]
    I do apologise, lol. Thanks for pointing it out Jase....I blame the stresses of hearing Christopher Lee singing at LondonExpo :p

Anyway, glad you had a good time and have a safe trip back :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.