main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA SVRF Banner Change - Challenge

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay Rogues - You wanted it, you voted on it, and now you have a chance to change it! That's right, you - The Sacramento Valley Rogue Force have a chance to change the way we appear to new people!! ;) No Deadpool and TaintedJedi, I am not talking about licking a poll! I'm talking about re-designing the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force banner! [points up] The votes have been counted and it's been decided. So now, it's time to get to work.

Here is the assignment - Banner Change.

The banner has to represent the Sacramento area, and the people of the group. So, make it colorful and recognizable.

No naked girls or guys, no blood and guts, and it has to be Star Wars related. If I see one damn entry with Star (blecccchhhh) Trek on it, I will yank that Rogues Status and call sign!! ;)

Look around for some ideas. I do ask that the SVRF Seal be included in the banner - The Imperial/Rebeal Alliance seal - logo on the banner somewhere. PM me if you need a picture of it.

All Rogues are invited to participate.

You will have two weeks from today to submit your designs. When you submit your designs, send them to rogues@swanb.net. After which, according to how many entries we have, a three panel group of judges will decide who the top four finals are. after which the four finalist will be on display for all to see and a poll will be taken to elect the winner.

I suggest strongly that you look around at other banners for ideas

Here are the specifications for the banner:

Main banner image (foreground) - 764 x 110

Main Background image - 764 x 110

Curve image - 69 x 69

Side Bar image - 32 x 465

Left and Right adholders - 74 x 58

And if you need more information or help with this contest, I advise you to visit this thread...
    http://boards.theforce.net/Communications/b10006/15616242/?183

GOOD LUCK ROGUES!!!!!!!

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    **sigh** bump

3. Enzerumo

Enzerumo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2005
    Well i do have some ideas

All current rogues go in costume(if the have 1)all others wear the official t-shirt and we get a person to take a picture of use standing in front of the capital lightsabers and heads held high

just an idea.
    edit:we could do this as a meeting thing having a picknic on the grounds or we could have our meeting at Big brother comics on K streen the place is huge seating for 20-40 and quite a few tables.

4. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    i say we get a night picture of the bridge and a dark sky with all of us like ghost jedi in the dark sky above the bridge

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey, it's all up to you guys ;)

6. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Ideas

#1:
    A banner that looks like the Rebal Mission Briefing Room. With all of us in it (use the pics that Bithlord made for our member page)

A picture of all of us running away from a giant monster George Lucas.

An action picture of all of us. Lightsaber, Blasters, etc. We can either be fighting each other (which could be appropriate at times) or fighting cgi clone troops or something. Doesn't matter if you have a costume or not.

All of us Naked

Mix and match of all of us..kinda like now but with new picts.

All of us in Rebel Outfits/Jedi Outfits on the Enterprise Bridge looking really lost...or really pissed.

The Trash Compactor: All of us in a the death star trash compactor...trying to brace the walls...etc...could be a really funny pic.

7. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    [image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/sith23/ed-bridge-generations.jpg]
    something like this dead

8. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    Thought bubbles!!!!???

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    some good ideas there Dead. No sure about the nude pics though ... not sure I would like to see yours. [shivers]eeeeweee. I like the idea of all of us with blasters or Light Sabers fighting Clone Troopers. We could even do this over in front of the State Capital. Even ask Arnold to take a group pic with us. ;) ;)

Nice pic SMS

10. Enzerumo

Aug 3, 2005
    only if he came in camo

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Well, we could always photo shop his face on all the Clone Troopers we are fighting. ;) Heh heh heh just kidding all ya Repubs. ;)

12. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    No nudes I will however do topless for a nominal fee. Nudes come back to haunt you, there are some of me from the Reagan era. Take it form me kids, "just say no to smores".

13. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    thanks ldv

i am not a fan of arnold so by all means photoshop his behind to jar jar and let us all blast his 6

14. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I like the action picts. idea.

Kinda like Charlie's Angels action pose but with a Star Wars Rogue theme.

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    well the way people are responding here, it looks as if it's not gonna be changed any time soon

16. x_jedi1

x_jedi1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    I went to your link to see what the specifications were and felt a little daunted by it. Sounds like you need to be an html/graphic artist type person to do this. Maybe others are feeling the same? :confused:

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I can help in the way of ideas but not the making of since I don't have skillz in this area.

18. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Sounds like we have tons of ideas, but not the technical know-how to put it together. I haven't got a clue when it comes to making banners and html graphic-y thingies.

Have any of you seen the new Santa Cruz banner? Niiiiiiice.

19. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'm definitely no fan of Schwartzennegar either, Sithmastersaul! Jaja's too nice (as much as he's an annoying character) to use for Schwartzennegar; I say go with LDV's idea: post Schwartz.'s face to each of the clone troopers! [face_laugh]

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    The date of the competition has come and gone now, and with no entries, and not enough ideas were posted here so I guess the banner will stay the same for a long time.

21. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Hey, I'm working on it. :) Please send the graphic that I requested at the meeting. :) Also sent you an email with some questions regarding the banner I sent you.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    email sent with logo

23. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    ok i know it isnt that great but in the hands of a master (looks at ldv) it could be better and i think tionne is right adding our pics would be a hastle if people wanna see us they can look at the member page.[image=http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/sith23/svrfbanner.jpg]

24. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I thought we had a lot of great ideas..but oh well I guess LDV doesn't want to forget some of those old rogues like Joesunrider..brings a tear to me eye.

Anyway here's one more idea...Rogues SOUTH PARK STYLE!

http://spstudio.julia.hosting-friends.de/spstudio4.html

here's me couldn't get the image to work.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/babyted/?action=view&current=southparkjinX.jpg

25. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Maybe he could get in a Jedi costume and pose. LOL Just catch him at one of his weekly lunch journeys, if he still is doing that. I do like the Arco Arena thing. But maybe the state capitol building or bridge (even that god awful yellow paint) would work great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.